• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Kccitystar

Oh my. While I've always wanted someone like Tim Tebow to turn heel and do something crazy, this comes close. I'm hoping it isn't some bullshit:

There is word going around backstage that Cena has been very upset lately with his current situation in WWE. The former WWE Champion believes that he puts in a very heavy work load, but doesn't get enough back. It is being said that he wishes to drastically change his character, ring attire and persona in order to adapt to how the audience is reacting to him.

http://thewrestlingcafe.com/index.php/pro-wrestling-articles/115-major-backstage-heat-on-john-cena

strobogo

Banned
I don't know what more he could get back. He's the only person in the company that matters, he's on every piece of merchandise and advertising, he headlines PPVs even when not the champion, he opens and closes shows. Outside of a raise, I'm not sure what more there is to give back to him. He's not just the face of the company, he's the face of the entire industry.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Even if Cena's heel, so what? It just means he's going to be the shitty heel in every major feud now. Guys like Punk will be made into a vanilla face again. Guys like DBry will get cast back down to midcard because shorter guys in main event only really work as heels.

DMczaf

Mjesd.jpg

krae_man

Oh my. While I've always wanted someone like Tim Tebow to turn heel and do something crazy, this comes close. I'm hoping it isn't some bullshit:

http://thewrestlingcafe.com/index.php/pro-wrestling-articles/115-major-backstage-heat-on-john-cena

Yeah, John Cena is upset at his character never losing, being the main event of all the PPV's, making boat loads of money, being allowed to bang whoever the fuck he wants backstage regardless of the collateral damage left in the wake of his destructive behavior etc. He totally has reason to demand change.

Geez Punk has to survive 4 PPVs to make it to the Rumble

----Night of Champions----

CM Punk vs John Cena

----Hell in a Cell----

CM Punk vs John Cena (Maybe)

----Survivor Series----

CM Punk vs ???

----TLC----

CM Punk vs ???

Sorry I didn't play on your stream, G-Fex, but I don't give away PPV matches for free.

I was actually playing Banjo-Kazooie and lost track of time. I'm sorry man, maybe next time!

Kyoufu

Sorry I didn't play on your stream, G-Fex, but I don't give away PPV matches for free.

I was actually playing Banjo-Kazooie and lost track of time. I'm sorry man, maybe next time!

Banjo Kazooie? Better be the original, even though I don't like it, it's the only good one they made.

Kccitystar

Geez Punk has to survive 4 PPVs to make it to the Rumble

----Night of Champions----

CM Punk vs John Cena

----Hell in a Cell----

CM Punk vs John Cena (Maybe)

----Survivor Series----

CM Punk vs ???

----TLC----

CM Punk vs ???

Punk's cursed at NOC, having lost the past 3 years at this PPV. Let's hope he breaks that cycle.

RBH

Wont load for me :/

Just read this story about Low Ki and CZW in 2000.

People never really talk about it because they are intimidated by him for whatever reason.

JAPW and CZW had huge heat at the time, but CZW had shown interest in Ki, the Haas Brothers, and The Hit Squad, so they started using them all. As dumb as it sounds, it lead to one of the bigger dream matches in NJ indy rasslin at the time: Ki vs Ric Blade. They did like three matches total together: January 2000 in CZW, one for New Millennium Wrestling in early February 2000, and then one like a week later for CZW that was a ladder match between Ki, Blade and Mercury. Blade got hurt during the match (Low Ki had nothing to do with it either, Blade fucked himself up coming off a basketball hoop and putting Mercury through a table while Ki was selling *he actually did that back then* near the ring and couldn’t see what happened) and couldn’t do everything that was planned. Ki, being Ki, has always had to get his shit in. So the dude just starts flipping out in front of the crowd because he thinks it’s some kind of screw job/set up, with CZW trying to fuck him over for being a JAPW guy or whatever. Everyone is standing around wondering what to do because he won’t calm down. So security dude just decides “fuck it” and scoops Ki up in his arms, mid-tantrum, as if he were a child throwing a hissy fit and carries him to the back. The Hit Squad tried to intervene too, and got in a shoving match with security. Neither Ki or the Hit Squad were brought back.

For whatever reason CZW edited it off the video they sold and that picture is the only image from a forgotten moment in indy rasslin’ lore.
9fHIw.jpg

Top Bottom