• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I just finished Saints Row 3 today. Hulk Hogan and RVD are in the game, and Hulk plays a pretty major character. There are plenty of wrestling easter eggs in the game, like a mention of the "Montreal screwjob", Kane's mask, and KillbANE is clearly based off Kane. A giant masked monster whose finishing move is the chokeslam, and
if you unmask him, he looks just like Kane unmasked, down to the fucked up eye.

G-Fex

I just finished Saints Row 3 today. Hulk Hogan and RVD are in the game, and Hulk plays a pretty major character. There are plenty of wrestling easter eggs in the game, like a mention of the "Montreal screwjob", Kane's mask, and KillbANE is clearly based off Kane. A giant masked monster whose finishing move is the chokeslam, and
if you unmask him, he looks just like Kane unmasked, down to the fucked up eye.

Yes Soulplaya, everything is Kane.

Tears of joy?

Ok, you win.

I thought I had what it takes.

DF9hW.gif

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Are we going to get a full version of the THQ WWE 13 All-Star panel, or is it like so many others and I have to put up with the poorly paced and segmented "highlights"?

G-Fex

I'm watching the Burbs and I just realized that's where fucking CM Punk got "Why don't you take your balls out of your wife's purse"

tm24

What luchadore is 7 feet tall, uses the chokeslam, and
looks exactly Kane when unmasked?

Angel De la muerte also looks like kurt angle and does the hulk taunt. that doesn;t mean he's either one

But no, seriously, the Volition guys basically said they loved that luchadores are the most insane looking pro wrestlers and that they thought Bane looked like a luchador, so they based Killbane on him

Does anyone happen to have that hi-res wide shot of CM Punk sitting in the middle of the ring after his entrance at Money in the Bank 2011? I deleted it and can't find it online anywhere.

Edit: Fuck, that was hard to find. Had to resort to like forty minutes of scanning the July 2011 OT:

7Wsgl.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Angel De la muerte also looks like kurt angle and does the hulk taunt. that doesn;t mean he's either one

But no, seriously, the Volition guys basically said they loved that luchadores are the most insane looking pro wrestlers and that they thought Bane looked like a luchador, so they based Killbane on him
Angel De La Muerte is voiced by Hulk Hogan, and he doesn't look like Kurt Angle. Not at all.

They're lying, by the way. They just don't want copyright lawsuits from the WWE. Bane in the comics isn't bald.

EDIT: Actually he does look a bit like Angle, but Angle is totally bald.

DMczaf

http://www.wwe.com/classics/when-is-loss-a-win-26047282

In WWE, when is a loss really a win?
BY MICHAEL BURDICK

Ever since the squared circle was first constructed for battle, there has been one constant: There will always, eventually, be one winner and one loser.

However, every once and a great while, the ultimate victory is not determined simply by the Superstar who gets his or her hand raised at the closing bell. Strangely enough, the real winner can be the one who is lying on the canvas in defeat.

WJJ1E.gif

G-Fex

oh man you guys missed it I slaughtered Beef on street fighter IV: The voyage home.

I mean, I think I heard him and panda crying.

strobogo

Banned
Cena losses always get shrugged off, so it doesn't ever matter at all, especially when they don't affect his SALUTE THE TROOPS/MAKE A WISH character whatsoever.

Cena is booked the same as Hogan was in 1990. He loses to Warrior at WM and then Warrior is on TV once in 5 months while Hogan's retirement, injury from Earthquake, and come back are on every show the entire time. It didn't matter he lost the belt to Warrior, he was still the top priority and had top billing over Warrior for Summerslam even if the title match went on last.

The title loss didn't matter and the guy who beat him didn't matter. It was still all about Hogan. The same situation happened again in 1992 with Flair/Savage feuding over the title, but Hogan's maybe retirement and feud with Sid was more important on TV and at WM itself. And this was well after the crowds were not nearly as hyped for Hogan anymore.

It didn't matter who was champion because they were just keeping the belt warm for Hulk anyway. It's the same thing with Cena, except with multiple hours more TV and PPVs per month.

Top Bottom