• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

He stopped caring and is fat.

He turns 40 in less than a month, cut the guy some slack. At least he's moving into training, rather than pointlessly trying to extend his in-ring career, and I'm sure OVW will only benefit from having someone of Williams technical skill on the staff.

I was just watching 'ROH - Reborn: Completion' last night actually, and it was a great reminder of just how awesome Williams was in his prime. His match with Alex Shelley for the vacant ROH Pure title was technical wrestling at its best, some great storytelling, Shelley sells his arm perfectly throughout while Williams gives a master-class in submission offence.

He turns 40 in less than a month, cut the guy some slack. At least he's moving into training, rather than pointlessly trying to extend his in-ring career, and I'm sure OVW will only benefit from having someone of Williams technical skill on the staff.

I was just watching 'ROH - Reborn: Completion' last night actually, and it was a great reminder of just how awesome Williams was in his prime. His match with Alex Shelley for the vacant ROH Pure title was technical wrestling at its best, some great storytelling, Shelley sells his arm perfectly throughout while Williams gives a master-class in submission offence.
Just last year he was buff as shit and rolling the X Division. He could keep that up, but he chose not to. I agree that this is best for him now, though.

Just last year he was buff as shit and rolling the X Division

I had forgot that was only a year ago, I really enjoyed his run with the X-Division title as Williams was such an atypical X-Division wrestler without being so big that it was a total mismatch between him and other X-Division wrestlers, but I guess it only gets harder to keep in that sort of shape the closer you get to 40.

I'm just going to leave this here.

All right Wrassle GAF were going to try and get this wrestling train moving by having a CHIKARA viewing party this Saturday at 2pm EST. You can purchase "The Great Escape" at smvod.com. This should be a good warm up for King Of Trios next month. Here is a run down of the card we will be watching and who is confirmed to be watching.

chikara-dvd-july-28-2012-the-great-escape-portland-me-231739969-500x500.png

-assailANT vs. Green Ant
- First round of The Young Lions Cup
Cameron Matthews vs. Kobald vs. Anthony Stone vs. Jivin' Jimmy
-Ophidian vs. Frightmare
-Icarus vs. The Mysterious & Handsome Stranger
-combatANT, deviANT & Soldier Ant vs. 3.0 & Gran Akuma
-Jakob Hammermeier & Tim Donst vs. The Batiri
-The Shard vs. Sugar Dunkerton
-The Heart Throbs & The Young Bucks vs. Mike Quackenbush, Hallowicked & UltraMantis Black
-For the CHKARA Grand Championship
Sara Del Rey vs. Eddie Kingston

Confirmed Wrassle Gaf members who are planning to watch.

BillRiccio
NawidA
tm24
XenoRaven
djsandman
Laserfrog
Sunflower

If I missed anyone or your planning on joining in on the fun reply or drop me a private message and I'll add you to the cool kid party.

If I didn't have a birthday I'd join you guys. But alas. Good to hear you're doing this so it's in a decent Euro time as well. I'll join next time for sure. (provided I'm home ofcourse)

I'm thinking we might do the second show from the same weekend next week, so hopefully you'll be able to join then!

Aiii

So not worth it
imo TNA shouldn't have a developemental at all. They do plenty of house shows if they really need their talent to get some training. But the viewers they draw they will draw regardless, so it's okay to have young talent in your lower midcard and give them training on the job.

I daresay that gives them a way better shot at ever becoming bigger then they are then trying to emulate WWE's way of doing business.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fight of Fighters 2013 is looking good.

Those of you unable to record or stream matches are relegated to Dark Matches on the card. Just sayin.

Will have the final card up later, along with some instructions to make this ish happen.

So far the card will feature talens such as jmdajr, sokantish, g-fex, jobber, xenoraven, fallingedge, professorbeef, nocturnowl, djsandman, harrydemeanor, sf2fanatic, mightytm24, spindashing, kccitystar, and Sousedlouse. And myself.

If you are not on that list I DID NOT GET YOUR INFO AND GAME LIST. Be quick about it, I'm assemblin' the card.

MC Safety

Amusing stuff.

This woman used to date Dolph Ziggler and reported, on the Howard Stern show, the sex was too athletic.

She's a comedian. So I guess she really is funny.

xqLYo.jpg

Aiii

So not worth it
Amusing stuff.

This woman used to date Dolph Ziggler and reported, on the Howard Stern show, the sex was too athletic.

I cannot seem to unsee a mental image of Ziggler selling an orgasm. Damnit Mc Safety!

Entropia

No One Remembers
Amusing stuff.

xqLYo.jpg

Ziggler fucking a comedian would be god tier.

Where's the sex tape?!?!?

I don't like her chin! :(

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just a small teaser for Fight of Fighters 2013 - the actual hype event flyer will be coming out tonight if all goes well. Currently on the card we have:

Jobber vs Sokantish in Super Street Fighter IV: AE
kccitystar vs Spindashing in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Fallingedge vs Sunflower in Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Nocturnowl vs tm24 in Skullgirls
Xenoraven vs jmdajr in Super Street Fighter 4: AE
Professor Beef vs SousedLouse in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
sf2fanatic vs HarryDemeanor in Super Street Fighter IV (not AE)
G-Fex vs djsandman in Super Street Fighter 4: AE for the NEOGAF OT TITLE

Don't release this list yet, this card is TENTATIVE - I tried to spread out the games as best I could, which is why Skullgirls is on there - if I've missed anyone, please let me know ahead of time. We'll shoot for the matches to go down any time the weekend after this one, September 1 and 2nd.

Also Bootaaay if you wanna see some 3rd Strike...let me know if you want in on this. I know you've been talkin...and knockin at my door. Well I'm listening...if you want in.

PS if anyone wants their match to have stakes (avatar bet) let me know so I can adjust the flyer I'm making.

Alas I have remembered one problem with Skullgirls, it still hasn't been patched to fix the PAL Regions playing with other regions problem (it just freezes on the PS3 version if I recall).
So unless tm24 is playing PAL as well that one's probably going to have to be dropped from the card Sunflower.

Still if that's just a teaser lineup then we've already topped WM28 unless the most hyped match ends in 10 seconds.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alas I have remembered one problem with Skullgirls, it still hasn't been patched to fix the PAL Regions playing with other regions problem (it just freezes on the PS3 version if I recall).
So unless tm24 is playing PAL as well that one's probably going to have to be dropped from the card Sunflower.

Still if that's just a teaser lineup then we've already topped WM28 unless the most hyped match ends in 10 seconds.

Son of a RAT DICK well let's make sure first before I re-shuffle and tweak. You two may have another game in common. Let me know if you're playing PAL tm24! If not I'll work it out.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Submit your info! I need system, and what games you have for it - I'm not against adding a new match to the card as well. And your gt/psn name.

PS3

(I used to have a lot more fighters than this =/)

VF5: Final Showdown
Skullgirls
SSFII Turbo HD Remix
WWE All-Stars
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS

Of those, I'd probably prefer either VF5 or All-Stars. Or Gundam, but I'm sure I'm the only one in this thread who owns it. :lol Not a big fan of SG or HD Remix.

My PSN is SeraphisCain.

Just a small teaser for Fight of Fighters 2013 - the actual hype event flyer will be coming out tonight if all goes well. Currently on the card we have:

Jobber vs Sokantish in Super Street Fighter IV: AE
kccitystar vs Spindashing in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Fallingedge vs Sunflower in Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown
Nocturnowl vs tm24 in Skullgirls
Xenoraven vs jmdajr in Super Street Fighter 4: AE
Professor Beef vs SousedLouse in Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
sf2fanatic vs HarryDemeanor in Super Street Fighter IV (not AE)
G-Fex vs djsandman in Super Street Fighter 4: AE for the NEOGAF OT TITLE

Don't release this list yet, this card is TENTATIVE - I tried to spread out the games as best I could, which is why Skullgirls is on there - if I've missed anyone, please let me know ahead of time. We'll shoot for the matches to go down any time the weekend after this one, September 1 and 2nd.

Also Bootaaay if you wanna see some 3rd Strike...let me know if you want in on this. I know you've been talkin...and knockin at my door. Well I'm listening...if you want in.

PS if anyone wants their match to have stakes (avatar bet) let me know so I can adjust the flyer I'm making.

SO FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

CAN'T WAIT.

NEEDS MORE KARNOV!

<3 Sunflower

Aiii

So not worth it
- Mark Henry is currently looking to return to action in late fall. Henry has been recovering from shoulder surgery earlier this year and has been dropping a lot of weight in his time away from WWE. Henry has told people that he would retire if he can&#8217;t return at 100%, but he&#8217;s expected to be back around Survivor Series.

Here&#8217;s an update on several recent signing to WWE developmental, courtesy of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter:

Memo Montenegro: The younger brother of Alberto Del Rio. He has been training in South Florida with his brother, but has limited experience in the ring.

Chase Donovan: 27 year old talent that trained at the Slamtech Wrestling school in New England and previously wrestled at Bryce Andrews (2004 until 2009). He competed as a bodybuilder for a few years but is now back to wrestling.

Danny Burch: UK wrestler formerly known as Martin Stone. WWE offered him a contract a year ago but he had major knee surgery and took a full year off to heal. He&#8217;s about 6 feet tall and has a good look.

Oliver Grey: UK wrestler formerly known as Joel Redman. He&#8217;s 25 years old and has competed in FCW under his real name, Joel Pettyfer. He is currently doing a lumberjack gimmick at developmental.

PS3

(I used to have a lot more fighters than this =/)

VF5: Final Showdown
Skullgirls
SSFII Turbo HD Remix
WWE All-Stars
Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS

Of those, I'd probably prefer either VF5 or All-Stars. Or Gundam, but I'm sure I'm the only one in this thread who owns it. :lol Not a big fan of SG or HD Remix.

My PSN is SeraphisCain.

I'm wounded, Seraph.
Then again, I forgot that you have a copy of EXVS too, so I can't complain!
I don't know if it's really eligible, though - if it is it'd probably just be us, and I really want to fight Beef in one of his games. Ah well, I gotta send another PM to Sunflower anyway, I'll just mention that I have that too and ask for forgiveness. I'm not getting stuck in a dark match, in any case.

Entropia

No One Remembers
He'd better be given a proper final main event run when he returns. I don't want him in the "big guy who jobs to the top talent" Big Show spot he was falling into before his surgery.

Agreed. Despite the fact that he was always kind of just "there" in his early days, he really brought out the best in him in that run he did last year. That and he's been absolutely loyal to the company despite some of the crap they've given him over the years.

I could hopefully see him tearing apart Ziggler or Sheamus for his final run.

Striker

He'd better be given a proper final main event run when he returns. I don't want him in the "big guy who jobs to the top talent" Big Show spot he was falling into before his surgery.
He's always been that way, though.

Henry's a bit of a disappoint, despite the dumb booking. The injuries derailed a potentially very good career he could have had.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'm wounded, Seraph.
Then again, I forgot that you have a copy of EXVS too, so I can't complain!
I don't know if it's really eligible, though - if it is it'd probably just be us, and I really want to fight Beef in one of his games. Ah well, I gotta send another PM to Sunflower anyway, I'll just mention that I have that too and ask for forgiveness. I'm not getting stuck in a dark match, in any case.

Haha, it's cool. We all know you'd destroy me in EXVS anyway. Though I do think it'd be nice to have a Japanese game on the card, just for variety!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Haha, it's cool. We all know you'd destroy me in EXVS anyway. Though I do think it'd be nice to have a Japanese game on the card, just for variety!

If you guys want to throw down in that robit shit, I can make it happen. I don't think anyone will mind pulling double duty for this PPV.

That's what's beautiful about pulling us all together as a community here. We're going to keep playin' games with each other far after the PPV...and sometimes before, like last night Spin got a taste of G-Fex. So did Beef.

Added to the card - SousedLouse in his SECOND match of the night against Seraphis Cain in EX Gundam Robit Uguu Shit Plus Alpha VS!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If you guys want to throw down in that robit shit, I can make it happen. I don't think anyone will mind pulling double duty for this PPV.

That's what's beautiful about pulling us all together as a community here. We're going to keep playin' games with each other far after the PPV...and sometimes before, like last night Spin got a taste of G-Fex. So did Beef.

I'm sure I'd have no problem pulling double duty. I really want to play VF5 (though I'm not terribly good at it either), but I'd absolutely love to have an EXVS match on the card too.

Oh, I forgot to mention that I also have Dead or Alive Dimensions on 3DS.

Memo Montenegro? Well, it could be worse. I've seen a bit of Guillermo's work, and he's not bad. I hope he at least gets some exposure during his stint in the WWE.

Added to the card - SousedLouse in his SECOND match of the night against Seraphis Cain in EX Gundam Robit Uguu Shit Plus Alpha VS!

Wow, that was a quick decision! That's the kind of snap judgement that I can appreciate!
If you're up for it, Seraph, then get to training while you still can - I'll meet you on Side 7!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I almost want to buy SSF4 AE on ps3 just so I can beat Beef too. Or lose to him, I dunno

We actually might have a good gimmick idea going on...

The card -is- subject to change but I wouldn't mind a new gimmick match, the:

Beef Endurance Run where he takes on 5-6 people.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If you're up for it, Seraph, then get to training while you still can - I'll meet you on Side 7!

Looking forward to it! You're way better than me, but I'm gonna give it my all, you can be sure of that!

GUNDAM FIGHTO! READY...GO!

EDIT: I'd also like to go on the record as saying that I've totally beaten Beef in MvC3.

Once.

It was totally a fluke.

Fight of Fighters 2013 is looking good.

Those of you unable to record or stream matches are relegated to Dark Matches on the card. Just sayin.

Will have the final card up later, along with some instructions to make this ish happen.

So far the card will feature talens such as jmdajr, sokantish, g-fex, jobber, xenoraven, fallingedge, professorbeef, nocturnowl, djsandman, harrydemeanor, sf2fanatic, mightytm24, spindashing, kccitystar, and Sousedlouse. And myself.

If you are not on that list I DID NOT GET YOUR INFO AND GAME LIST. Be quick about it, I'm assemblin' the card.

Well I'll throwdown on WWE 12/SDvRaw '11 (PS3) or All-Stars (ditto) or... SSB Brawl?
I don't really own many fighting games...

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I'll play All-Stars with Persp! That way Soused can pull double duty with me and Beef, and I can pull double duty with Soused and Persp. Plus it'll give us some wrasslin' on the card! Also I've never played All-Stars online.

strobogo

Banned
I want Mark Henry to resume his happy face routine he had right before this last heel turn. It was great. Of course he's a great monster heel, but he was a great bad ass heavy face who, when he came out, you knew the heel was going to get his ass handed to him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'll throwdown on WWE 12/SDvRaw '11 (PS3) or All-Stars (ditto) or... SSB Brawl?
I don't really own many fighting games...

I'll play All-Stars with Persp! That way Soused can pull double duty with me and Beef, and I can pull double duty with Soused and Persp. Plus it'll give us some wrasslin' on the card! Also I've never played All-Stars online.

I'll set it onto the card. Perspicacacacacity get Seraphis your PSN name! It'll be on the card, making notes now...

I want Mark Henry to resume his happy face routine he had right before this last heel turn. It was great. Of course he's a great monster heel, but he was a great bad ass heavy face who, when he came out, you knew the heel was going to get his ass handed to him.

Let me just leave this here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7empWMPH0E

Top Bottom