• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

DMczaf

Well, there is some good news for TNA:

JvBz1.gif

Bad news (unless you're SousedLouse): I am still in the process of moving and won't have reliable access to the internet for my PS3. Therefore, I am forced to vacate my spot on the PPV card. :(

Ah, shit - Naito's out;

"After injuring his knee with a bad landing against CMLL's Rush on August 8th in this year's New Japan Super Jr's tournament, Tetsuya Naito has announced via twitter that his injury is about as worse as could be expected; he has a ruptured ACL that requires surgery and he will be out of action for a whole six months."

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck, poor Naito - before Okada arrived to make everything awesome, I was certain 2012 would be Naito's year. His return in 2013 should be awesome though, shame he'll miss Wrestle Kingdom.

Are there subs for DDT shows? That is one show where I think subs are key due to the humor.

Unfortunately not, I would love subs for DDT though - the best we've got is Jamie OD's DDT fan-site; http://dramaticddt.wordpress.com which at least explains the jist of storylines and promos.

Incidentally, man, I hope they recorded this;

"DDT spent a sunny day at the beach for a little bit of wrestling at the seaside. A mat was set up in the sand to act as the ring and the first two matches were kept within that area. The main event of course went all over the place. Kota Ibushi brought along fireworks as usual. HARASHIMA hit the Somato on Hiroshi Fukuda off of a pier. Michael Nakazawa fell into a hole that was dug by the other team. The match eventually went into the sea and ended with Ibushi Moonsaulting off of a rock onto everybody in the water. After Ibushi won the match for his team, he smashed a watermelon with a mallet and shared pieces of the watermelon with the fans."

<3 DDT

G-Fex

Plywood calling me a nerd ass nerd makes him a HUGE hypocrite.

I never liked Kaitlyn at all, there I said it.

She and AJ are so fucking useless like most Divas, at least Eve was in a hilarious angle with Kane and at least Layla can dance.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!

She and AJ are so fucking useless like most Divas, at least Eve was in a hilarious angle with Kane and at least Layla can dance.
S7eSd.gif

Except for the part where you said "Kaitlyn now annoys me."

Muffin

Neo Member
Plywood calling me a nerd ass nerd makes him a HUGE hypocrite.

It was funnier that she flip flopped between diva heel and face for the past weeks. I don't think WWE even knows how they feel about her.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Bad news (unless you're SousedLouse): I am still in the process of moving and won't have reliable access to the internet for my PS3. Therefore, I am forced to vacate my spot on the PPV card. :(

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEF!

Is there any way you two can do it before the PPV weekend? Any way at all?

That's actually a shame. I saw you mention some kind of big move on the boards earlier; hope everything goes smoothly.

Still, with the amount of boasting that we've contributed to the thread, you know we're gonna have to settle this with a grudge match, right?

It was funnier that she flip flopped between diva heel and face for the past weeks. I don't think WWE even knows how they feel about her.

Well, normally people get 'the talk' when they're little, but I don't think anyone's qualified to explain to WWE creative that -

Oh, you mean that they don't know how to give her a consistent character? Yeah, that happens a lot with them.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
As a social experiment, we should get together on non-ppv weekend once a month and watch an old random ppv.

Then we can bitch about how wrestling sucked in the 90s

jobber

Since WWE owns the WCW trademark, couldn't WWE remake Ready To Rumble with John Cena replacing Jimmy King and CM Punk in DDP's role?

Aiii

So not worth it
It's a mystery to me why WWE Studios doesn't make movies based on wrestling or that involve wrestling in some way like Ready To Runble.

Well, I guess Scooby Doo is a step in that direction.

jobber

Nah. Movie rights doesnt work that way, good idea though would watch.

debbie downer

It's a mystery to me why WWE Studios doesn't make movies based on wrestling or that involve wrestling in some way like Ready To Runble.

Wrestling is only a front for WWE's real business: making shitty movies.

Ready To Rumble could be based off last year's Money In The Bank stuff. It would print money!

I cannot believe Vince's mind conceived Mantaur. Like what kind of reaction were people supposed to give to a guy wearing a bull head?

And was that show taped in one day? It seems like they're wearing the same thing every episode.

G-Fex

BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES WRESTLING PEOPLE, IT'S EMBARASSING TO EVEN MENTION IT IN PUBLIC. It's worse than talking to a girl about video games.

A wrestling movie would bomb in theaters that wasnt that one movie 'The Wrestler' only cause it was a drama.

DMczaf

While tweeting during tonight’s Rock-Cena special on NBC, The Rock revealed on Twitter that he was injured in his WrestleMania 28 match against John Cena. Rock posted a photo of Cena doing the top rope leg drop on him with the following caption, noting that he tore his right hamstring.

“Cena leaps 15ft & crashes down on the back of my neck – tearing my right hamstring. Intense pain.. #IFinishedTheMatch”

778cenarock.jpg

Cena, you fucking clumsy doofus.

jobber

BECAUSE NOBODY LIKES WRESTLING PEOPLE, IT'S EMBARASSING TO EVEN MENTION IT IN PUBLIC. It's worse than talking to a girl about video games.

A wrestling movie would bomb in theaters that wasnt that one movie 'The Wrestler' only cause it was a drama.

If promoted correctly, it wouldn't bomb. Have Cena and Punk star. Punk can be the arrogant prick for the smarks and Cena be the good guy for the kids. It doesn't have to be a comedy. I guess the only thing it would expose is the backstage stuff.

G-Fex

If promoted correctly, it wouldn't bomb. Have Cena and Punk star. Punk can be the arrogant prick for the smarks and Cena be the good guy for the kids. It doesn't have to be a comedy. I guess the only thing it would expose is the backstage stuff.

I just can't see it happening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It wouldn't be 1995 WCW without a Kevin Sullivan run-in.

Enfinit

Cena, you fucking clumsy doofus.

How would Rock pull his hamstring from a leg drop? Generally curious. If Cena came down on the back of Rock's head, Rock should've collapsed to the mat instead of standing through the move. If he had done that, his hamstring would've been fine because his upper body wouldn't have to bend over from his hip, allowing his hamstring to remain unrustled.

Is it Rock's fault or Cena's? YOU DECIDE!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Koji Kanemoto vs Alex Wright?

ALEX WRIGHT

This is going to be amazing.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Alex Wright was great, but Masahiro Chono vs Lex Luger? Expecting Luger to be exposed as a fraud!

Top Bottom