• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
The first random pay per view has been selected. Be here next weekend (Sunday night) at 8pm east /7 central for a 2 hour and 50 minute shit fest!*

*if the youtube link hasn't vanished by then

For a 'B show' ROH - Brew City Beatdown is actually really good - pretty much every match hits the mark. Mike Sydal (Evan Bourne's little brother) looked much improved in the opener against Rhett Titus, right up until he crashed and burned trying to reverse frankensteiner Rhett to the outside, but it was a fun much nonetheless. Jay Lethal vs Mike Mondo was a really tough match, with some more good character building for Mondo. He's not quite over as a face yet, because he is pretty dislikeable, but he keeps having great matches and establishing his intense persona, so I'm sure the fans will warm to him eventually. Next up was a jobber 6-man tag with a bunch of guys I've never heard of, and Tony Kozina. Not a bad filler match, big man Samson Walker looked good. Then, Kyle O'Reilly vs some guy named Tadarius Thomas. Uh, holy shit. This was actually a really fun match, and one where O'Reilly (and this Thomas guy)'s faux MMA styles worked really well. Just a really hard hitting, fast paced match that was compact and focused more on some great strike exchanges, rather than a series of big bump moves, and thus was all the more believable for it. Tadarius Thomas was very impressive here, keep an eye out for him in the future. O'Reilly is a total ass and will make for a great heel. Next, a series of 3 kinda similar, tough, hard-hitting singles matches; the returning BJ Whitmer vs Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin vs the underrated Silas Young, and Eddie Edwards taking on Rhino, which was surprisingly the pick of the bunch. This was one of the best Rhino matches I've seen in ages, fantastic work by both guys. Young and Elgin have wrestled each other numerous times elsewhere, and it showed in their match, really good stuff. Finally, the main event sees Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs take on the Briscoe Brothers and, as expected, after a pointless false start, this was a wild oldschool ROH brawl highlighted by a crazy Mark Briscoe balcony dive. Awesome. There really wasn't a bad match on the show, and the Milwaukee crowd were in good voice throughout. Much better than expected. Recommended.

Tadarius Thomas;

i4wLXbw2aWvt0.gif

That's Wrasslegaf's lone Welshman, Bootaaay, for you. Always supporting WWF/E.

WELSH? WWE? I don't know what to be more offended by.

NawidA

Banned
TNA is a failure. The product may be better now, but you know it's going to revert the other way. It's sour from the top.

Also, I hate their production values. Like, I much prefer super low budget Chikara productions over the weird faux reality show with twisting dutch angles for every match crap that TNA does.

WELSH? WWE? I don't know what to be more offended by.

fYkOW.gif

It's fine, none of the marks in this thread can find Wales on a map, much less England. They believe what I tell them. For practical purposes, I'm going to need you to be billed out of Cardiff from now on.

There's too many Englishman in this thread these days, makes things confusing. All your avatars look the same to me.

For a 'B show' ROH - Brew City Beatdown is actually really good - pretty much every match hits the mark. Mike Sydal (Evan Bourne's little brother) looked much improved in the opener against Rhett Titus, right up until he crashed and burned trying to reverse frankensteiner Rhett to the outside, but it was a fun much nonetheless. Jay Lethal vs Mike Mondo was a really tough match, with some more good character building for Mondo. He's not quite over as a face yet, because he is pretty dislikeable, but he keeps having great matches and establishing his intense persona, so I'm sure the fans will warm to him eventually. Next up was a jobber 6-man tag with a bunch of guys I've never heard of, and Tony Kozina. Not a bad filler match, big man Samson Walker looked good. Then, Kyle O'Reilly vs some guy named Tadarius Thomas. Uh, holy shit. This was actually a really fun match, and one where O'Reilly (and this Thomas guy)'s faux MMA styles worked really well. Just a really hard hitting, fast paced match that was compact and focused more on some great strike exchanges, rather than a series of big bump moves, and thus was all the more believable for it. Tadarius Thomas was very impressive here, keep an eye out for him in the future. O'Reilly is a total ass and will make for a great heel. Next, a series of 3 kinda similar, tough, hard-hitting singles matches; the returning BJ Whitmer vs Roderick Strong, Michael Elgin vs the underrated Silas Young, and Eddie Edwards taking on Rhino, which was surprisingly the pick of the bunch. This was one of the best Rhino matches I've seen in ages, fantastic work by both guys. Young and Elgin have wrestled each other numerous times elsewhere, and it showed in their match, really good stuff. Finally, the main event sees Kevin Steen & Jimmy Jacobs take on the Briscoe Brothers and, as expected, after a pointless false start, this was a wild oldschool ROH brawl highlighted by a crazy Mark Briscoe balcony dive. Awesome. There really wasn't a bad match on the show, and the Milwaukee crowd were in good voice throughout. Much better than expected. Recommended.

Don't know what got into Rhino, but he's been awesome for pretty much this whole run in ROH.

Net_Wrecker only knows the cities Vince McMahon feels are important enough to be mentioned on air when they host Raw and Smackdown.

I'm just sayin', if Vince doesn't feel like the city is worthy of a Live broadcast of Raw 1000 SuperShow featuring Brock Lesnar, Mondays at 8PM EST, USA Characters Welcome, sponsored by Be A Star, WWE Studios presents The Day starring Shannyn Sossamon, Tout us what you think, Tweet what you feel, and Facebook what you know.....

....it probably isn't a real place.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm just sayin', if Vince doesn't feel like the citiy is worthy of a Live broadcast of Raw 1000 SuperShow featuring Brock Lesnar, Mondays at 8PM EST, USA Character Welcome, sponsored by Be A Star, WWE Studios presents The Day starring Shannyn Sossamon, Tout us what you think, Tweet what you feel, and Facebook what you know.....

I just realized I won't have to deal with that anymore.

Enjoy your show, suckers!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I'm just sayin', if Vince doesn't feel like the city is worthy of a Live broadcast of Raw 1000 SuperShow featuring Brock Lesnar, Mondays at 8PM EST, USA Characters Welcome, sponsored by Be A Star, WWE Studios presents The Day starring Shannyn Sossamon, Tout us what you think, Tweet what you feel, and Facebook what you know.....

Shannyn Sossamon is in The Day? Nice.

I'm just sayin', if Vince doesn't feel like the city is worthy of a Live broadcast of Raw 1000
That makes it the longest running, weekly episodic show in television history.
SuperShow
This signified the end of the brand split and now Smackdown superstars can compete on Raw, courtesy of WWE COO Hunter Hearst Helmsley.
featuring Brock Lesnar,
He has nothing left to conquer.

Mondays at 8PM EST,
It's on at 8pm Pacific as well because despite simulcasting their ppv's and embracing social media as much as they have, they still haven't realized that it might be a good idea air Raw live on the West Coast (aka, where N_W wishes he lived). Maybe Raw GM AJ Lee will change that, right Aiii?
USA Character Welcome,
Remember Pacific Blue?
sponsored by Be A Star,
Don't be a bully, you A-hole.
WWE Studios presents The Day starring Shannyn Sossamon,
Oh man, I hope she's going to be Raw's social media ambassador!
Tout us what you think,
WWE has too much invested in Tout, it cannot, under any circumstances, fail.
Tweet what you feel,
Only Professor Beef and Bobo Brazil do that and it's only directed at Tazz.
and Facebook what you know.....
I know you're a mark-aRRRse-mark and I don't even need to say it on Facebook.

Damn straight, if I find out Raw is coming to me live from Wilkes-Barre, PA- I'm changing the damn channel. Vince is a smart man.

How was your match? I wasn't able to make it. :(

Extremely entertaining. Crowd was hot and I had them cheering the devil over me. Abra is the ultimate in evil. Ended with El Diablo catching me by the throat as I jumped off the turnbuckle and chokeslamming me. It was great.

After that I stayed in costume for a couple hours drinking, taking pictures, and enjoying the multitude of women making dirty suggestions for things I could do with my mustache.

so ambrose is going to debut monday as bryan's classmate right?

Yup. Vince is also going to hire Heyman as head booker and writer, they're going to limit Cena's overall appearances, AJ is going to go back to wrestling in an overhauled Diva's division, and everybody at home is going to get a pet animal of their choice.

NawidA

Banned
Yup. Vince is also going to hire Heyman as head booker and writer, they're going to limit Cena's overall appearances, AJ is going to go back to wrestling in an overhauled Diva's division, and everybody at home is going to get a pet animal of their choice.
Kings of Wrestling will reunite, Sarah Del Rey will be intercontinental champion, Daniel Bryan will be WWE champion, and JR will replace Cole on commentary.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I want a gorilla

Top Bottom