• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Two matches have been signed for Evolve 17 on September 8th:

AR Fox vs Ricochet
The Gentlemen's Club of Chuck Taylor, Drew Gulak & Orange Cassidy vs. The Super Smash Brothers & Rich Swann

AR Fox vs Ricochet should be awesome. Also, it's a 5PM EST showtime because they're doing a double-shot with CZW, so that's a 10PM GMT start for me, instead of 1AM :)

Sokantish said:
djsandman if I were to buy one iPPV this month, what should it be?

There's only really 3 choices this month;

ROH - Boiling Point: http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - Kevin Steen (c) vs Eddie Kingston, The Briscoes vs Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino, Eddie Edwards & Sara Del Rey vs Mike Bennett & Maria Kanelis
SHINE 2: http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-08-17-12.html - Jazz vs Mercedes Martinez, Santana Garrett vs Rain, MsChif & Christina von Eerie vs Made in Sin
Prime Wrestling - Wrestlelution 5: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Wrestlelution_5_An_Enduring_Spirit/1595 - Jimmy Jacobs (c) vs Johnny Gargano, Petey Williams vs Matt Cross, Michael Facade vs Jason Gory - Casket Match

I'll probably end up getting all 3 - never watched Prime wresting before, but Jacobs vs Gargano should be great. Really enjoyed SHINE 2, and if you aren't adverse to some great women's wrestling, I'd definitely recommend SHINE 2

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
ROH - Boiling Point: http://www.rohwrestling.com/ippv - Kevin Steen (c) vs Eddie Kingston, The Briscoes vs Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino, Eddie Edwards & Sara Del Rey vs Mike Bennett & Maria Kanelis
SHINE 2: http://wwnlive.com/event-shine-08-17-12.html - Jazz vs Mercedes Martinez, Santana Garrett vs Rain, MsChif & Christina von Eerie vs Made in Sin
Prime Wrestling - Wrestlelution 5: http://www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/Wrestlelution_5_An_Enduring_Spirit/1595 - Jimmy Jacobs (c) vs Johnny Gargano, Petey Williams vs Matt Cross, Michael Facade vs Jason Gory - Casket Match

I'm going with SHINE 2. Exciting.

Laserfrog

I'm carrying on DDP's season of destruction in WWESD!SYMBBQ
APdVc.png

Undisputed!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Do you think Ricardo is a Juggalo?

What kind of music would he listen to?

He's not - but I do know he's a weird dude.

He'll do shit like post photos of airbrushed naked-ass fairies and mushrooms with sparkles on it, or weird animal photos. If anything he's close to a furry.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what?

Yep. He loves some bad airbrushed "witchy" shit. The kind of shit that if you saw someone with, you'd be like "nah, I'm good, I'm ok" and not REALLY want to be their friend.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa.

What does he Tout about?

No clue, never watched any of his. Damn I'm like the Tout expert all of a sudden - I need to spend another hour on Tout and I can answer all these. Just got em from his Twitter way back when.

bangai-o

Banned
there are a bunch of pics of Ricardo on Tumblr. he does have some oddness like he still a freshman in high school. probably a Yu gi Oh player. he did post apic of his huge black eye he got from the ladder spot. so respect.

Kaladin

Heh, maybe - it's entirely dependant on the card. I'll probably skip this months CZW iPPV in favour of the Prime Wrestling one though, as I don't want to stay up to 4AM to watch a DJ Hyde main event, lol.

I don't blame you. DJ Hyde is the Triple H of the indies.

I feel like I should support the indies more when it comes to iPPV so that's why I'd choose one of them over TNA or WWE

Reasonable enough I guess. If I had to choose I'd go with indies all the time.

Speaking of the WWE Divas, I enjoyed Layla vs Natalya from Superstars - that's the sort of 8 minutes Divas match we should be seeing on the main shows. Also, that's two good matches Layla's had as champion so far (the other was against AJ). That's a lot more than you can say for Kelly Kelly's title reign.

Couple of CHIKARA match announcements;

Signed for 'Shoot a Crooked Arrow' on August 17th, in Milwaukee, WI;

ibljkuvhKNj0Ry.jpg

Plus;

• Mike Quackenbush vs Colt Cabana
  • Young Lion's Cup X - Semi-Final #1:
    ACH vs Jakob Hammermeier
  • Young Lion's Cup X - Semi-Final #2:
    Anthony Stone vs Mr. Touchdown

Signed for 'The Ring of Wax' on August 18th, in Indianapolis, IN;

i90DZg24Msemv.jpg

Plus;

• Young Lion's Cup X - FINAL
  • The Spectral Envoy vs Arik Cannon & Darren Corbin
  • Saturyne vs Tim Donst

August 11th.....and why not TNA? They have a good program right now and they have an iPPV option if that is what you're looking for.
I feel like I should support the indies more when it comes to iPPV so that's why I'd choose one of them over TNA or WWE

Realistically speaking, WWE has been offering a better PPV line-up this year when compared side by side with TNA (while Impact has been doing television much much much better than Raw). I feel this has been true for every month except June (Slammiversary >>> No Way Out).

Having said that Chikarasaurus Rex and Best in the World were all better than what the big two were running in the same months.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why are there so many insect-themed wrestlers in Chikara?

You never heard of Buggies? They're kinda like furries - they have a con as well, Bugopolis.

They have a touchy-feely booth where you lie there and something like 16 'hands' (or claws, etc) grope you.

They also have more snake, ice cream, and jack-o-lantern themed wrestlers than any other promotion.

EDIT: Forgot that WWE has ~17 different people with snake themes

Aiii

So not worth it
Hahaha, watchng Smackdown,
they just said on commentary that Bryan has renamed the YES!-Lock the NO!-Lock. They gave him an awesome vid package too. This is the best burial ever.

Laserfrog

P41L7.png

I feel like Michael Cole should go back to being a CGI backstage interviewerer. And add some highlights back into his hair, that way you know he's so cool.

Top Bottom