• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Got my GIF for tonight, was hoping it was on ILWG.

nb0yE.gif

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
and how long ago was that?seems like a century and a half

I miss Mark Henry's Hall of Pain run. So much :(

Just booked as a legit monster who was a heel because he was an ass instead of a coward, and beat Sheamus clean and beat Randy Orton clean two PPVs in a row.

Sid

I miss Mark Henry's Hall of Pain run. So much :(

Just booked as a legit monster who was a heel because he was an ass instead of a coward, and beat Sheamus clean and beat Randy Orton clean two PPVs in a row.

Me 2 man but where is he anyways?last i checked he was supposed to be at raw 100 and mark henry and bobby roooooooo are the 2 guys who if they are not champs look empty in their appearance like something is missing in their attire....

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You're confusing me Sunflower, you're going at 50 miles in a 35 mph zone.

Do you even know what a Gothic Lolita is?

Unfortunately I do - there's no accounting for taste. I'll try not to wreck the Sunnybus.

Everything you touch turns to LACE

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
#WrestlingSuperpowers needs to trend on Twitter.

When was the last time sheamus lost clean?brogue kick every time hurts my head

He's been the World Champ for the past 4 months, he shouldn't lose clean. The hate on Sheamus has really gone too far.

Hey remember when he jobbed the US title to Kofi Kingston in 2011? These things go in cycles.

G-Fex

Jake the snake completely changed my outlook on wrestling.

Everything is kinda ruined for me now.

It makes me think real hard on WWE and it's awful antics.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's been the World Champ for the past 4 months, he shouldn't lose clean. The hate on Sheamus has really gone too far.

Hey remember when he jobbed the US title to Kofi Kingston in 2011? These things go in cycles.

Also keep in mind Sheamus puts on very solid wrestling matches. Last week's defense against Bryan was fantastic.

The hate for Sheamus is a bit over the top, imo - yeah, he's pretty bland on the mic, and just like Punk, Cena, Orton, Mysterio and any other pushed WWE face you care to name, most of his matches will end with his finisher. But, in spite of that, he has been improving a lot in the ring. I know Ziggler is sort of a sacred cow to WrassleGAF and they didn't appreciate every Dolph vs Sheamus match ending in a brogue kick, but all those matches were good to great and it wasn't entirely because of Ziggler, Sheamus deserves some credit too.

Laserfrog

Jake the snake completely changed my outlook on wrestling.

Everything is kinda ruined for me now.

It makes me think real hard on WWE and it's awful antics.

I wish some of the guys in WWE had an ounce of Jake's in ring smarts. From that interview you can really tell how much he truly loves wrestling and injected all he could into making a match as amazing as possible.

G-Fex

I wish some of the guys in WWE had an ounce of Jake's in ring smarts. From that interview you can really tell how much he truly loves wrestling and injected all he could into making a match as amazing as possible.

the man is a fucking genius.

Today's guys are shameful.

Sid

It's not hate just the fact that now he is this superman who can't lose to anybody and no one can ever beat him,having him lose a few matches clean would go a long way in building a solid rivalry

DMczaf

The hate for Sheamus is a bit over the top, imo - yeah, he's pretty bland on the mic, and just like Punk, Cena, Orton, Mysterio and any other pushed WWE face you care to name, most of his matches will end with his finisher. But, in spite of that, he has been improving a lot in the ring. I know Ziggler is sort of a sacred cow to WrassleGAF and they didn't appreciate every Dolph vs Sheamus match ending in a brogue kick, but all those matches were good to great and it wasn't entirely because of Ziggler, Sheamus deserves some credit too.

How many Sheamus DVDs are in your collection?

Sheamus is unfortunately a victim of WWE Face booking and Smackdown's inability to have any sort of story progression.
Sheamus is pretty damn good, he borders on being a big man wrestler and in that category he's really good, being a face in WWE is like being committed to blandness, even CM Punk who was on fire last year got immediately put out by being doused with the face turn and many a wrasslegaffer claimed he's got boring and stale. Sheamus who was never really that much of a remarkable heel has been hit much harder personality wise on this face run since he lacked that to begin with, combine this with WWE pushing him to be a major face in the company by having him steam rolling through all title challengers and playing up to the kids and it really is like a Cena 2.0 attempt.
And it really doesn't help that what should've been a hard earned title victory for him at WM was made into an absolute joke squash for no good reason, any attempt to say "because Bryan was always a weak champion and his luck had to run out!" is kind of buggered by the fact they had a rematch at the next ppv that has Bryan working Sheamus down with his technical advantage and both men looked better for it.

Back to SD itself, Sheamus can't even get an interesting storyline going because plot is frowned upon in the land of SD, couple this with WWE desperately trying to get Del Rio over by making him Sheamus' main rival since straight after WM to now in spite of the non reaction he gets and Sheamus also suffers as a result. Sheamus has got like 2 rivals, Ziggler who holds the MitB and Del Rio, Sheamus crushes Ziggler every week and did so even before the MitB came into the picture, Del Rio has been inconsequential for like the past 4 months failing to do much to Sheamus aside from a car based beatdown.

In a more perfect world maybe Sheamus would have to tackle a returning Barrett who has his number and actually presents a challenge to Sheamus, or perhaps Rhodes will get crazier again and unleash his brand of madness on the champion. But Sheamus has no perils, no plots, no rivals that pose any threat, therefore he is boring, even if his ringwork is good he's just bland and it's a damn shame because really he deserves better.

What I don't understand (though obviously I do as it's WWE booking) is that he was pretty entertaining when he was in Hammerlock a few years back as the SOS The Irish Curse. He even teamed with Drew Gallows and feuding against English people.

T-minus 6 hours and counting. Schedule for the rest of the day:

Nap - now (2pm) to 3pm
Video games - 3pm to 5pm
Dinner & TV - 5pm to 6pm
Walk and play with dog - 6pm to 6:30pm
Lift weights and jump rope - 6:30 to 7:15pm
Shower - 7:15 to 7:30pm
Make another meal - 7:30 to 7:50pm
Meditate - 7:50-7:59pm

(joking about the meditate)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
GAF Observer is out for Monday:

Soulplaya has walked away from Wrassle-GAF to "focus on other pursuits" - this comes on the heels of the breakup of New Sexy, and dooms his compatriots with the walkout. Other GAFfers are upset about his departure, noting that his absence puts GAF Creative in a rut and have no directions to take his backstage friends' stories. We'll have more as this develops, as it could be a work but everyone involved is staying tight-lipped.

KOG has been revealed as G-Fex in a public and very humiliating de-masking - the man formerly known as KOG has told people not to talk about it for fear of the story making the press, but an anonymous GAF member told us that this was not premeditated, and genuinely took G-Fex by surprise. Don't look for KOG to re-appear as G-Fex is going to be the focus from here on out, say GAF officials.

Nocturnowl and Heavy were recently spotted out at dinner together. This prompts discussion that Heavy is set to make his big comeback tonight for RAW's 3 hour show. We've been getting reports that Heavy has been undergoing extreme preparation tonight, which includes him setting up a special dinner, doing DDP Yoga beforehand, and washing his balls in the sink. His possible alliance with Nocturnowl may be the pass he needs to dive back in to RAW tonight, but we'll see. As always, the final say is from Evilore and he's been known to change his mind once he finds out the IWC knows about his plans, so nothing is set in stone.

Sokantish was seen baking cookies for the 3-hour RAW earlier today. Whether or not anyone tries them is yet to be seen, but they provide an incentive to watch on what appears to be a sub-par show tonight.

Bootaaay has recently caught some flak in the locker room for sticking up for Sheamus, whose unpopularity at GAF has been suspect. While some members appreciate Sheamus' workrate and back Bootaaay, it remains to be seen if this is just an ego trip by Sid trying to bury both Bootaaay and Sheamus. Fortunately cooler heads have prevailed.

djsandman has been spotted buying all CM Punk merchandise on DVD.

G-Fex

Nap - now (2pm) to 3pm
Video games - 3pm to 5pm
Dinner & TV - 5pm to 6pm

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to play and stream on my channel Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, and other classic titles.

Then I'm going to order myself delicious quality pizza and breadsticks and delicious buffalo chicken along with a nice ice cold Monster drink.

How you like them apples Heavy?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Nap - now (2pm) to 3pm
Video games - 3pm to 5pm
Dinner & TV - 5pm to 6pm

Shower?

Sokantish

Oh yeah? Well I'm going to play and stream on my channel Super Metroid, Super Castlevania IV, and other classic titles.

Then I'm going to order myself delicious quality pizza and breadsticks and delicious buffalo chicken along with a nice ice cold Monster drink.

How you like them apples Heavy?

Monster is stupid! And so is Super Castlevania IV. There. I said it. I'm not going to apologize either.

You're right, I'm starting to think this WHOLE list is made up.

Bootaaay has recently caught some flak in the locker room for sticking up for Sheamus, whose unpopularity at GAF has been suspect. While some members appreciate Sheamus' workrate and back Bootaaay, it remains to be seen if this is just an ego trip by Sid trying to bury both Bootaaay and Sheamus. Fortunately cooler heads have prevailed.

djsandman has been spotted buying all CM Punk merchandise on DVD.

I'm on Bootaaay's side!

Sid

GAF Observer is out for Monday:
This observer sucks,who is the editor for this?should be fired lol but seriously man i told you a few clean losses to sheamus would go a long way to solidify a rivalry and make him a more appealing face

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
This observer sucks,who is the editor for this?should be fired lol but seriously man i told you a few clean losses to sheamus would go a long way to solidify a rivalry and make him a more appealing face

Hey hey I don't make the news, I just copy and paste from the paid version for Gold GAF.

Sokantish

Dirt sheets man, you can't trust 'em. The inaccuracies with the cookies alone makes the whole thing suspect. I know for a fact the cookies were not baked today, but actually last night!

Sokantish

There's a couple more similarities between Castlevania IV and Kane. Its previous iterations were better, and they're both BORING

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
There's a couple more similarities between Castlevania IV and Kane. Its previous iterations were better, and they're both BORING

What made Castlevania IV bad? It was too empowering. You were too strong.

Hmmm....

Top Bottom