• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

Oh shit, New Japan on iPPV!!!!!

F4W/WON said:
New Japan announced earlier today that the opening night the G-1 Climax event on Sunday, from the Bodymaker Colosseum in Osaka, will be airing live on iPPV. We don't have full details as of yet, but the show would start at 5 p.m. in Osaka, which would be 4 a.m. on the East Coast of the United States and 1 a.m. on the West Coast, which would be late Saturday night/early Sunday morning (and 9 a.m. GMT).

The lineup for the show is:

Yuji Nagata vs. Yujiro Takahashi

MVP vs. Rush

Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Lance Archer

Karl Anderson vs. Shelton Benjamin

Toru Yano vs. Minoru Suzuki

Tetsuya Naito vs. Togi Makabe

Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kazuchika Okada

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Naomichi Marufuji

Apparently the president of New Japan has said they want to capture the international market by making PPVs available over the internet, and will use this Sunday's show to gauge interest. Also, he has said that they potentially want to run at least one show a year in the US! Awesome news.

Firstly, I'm so glad I can watch New Japan live (9AM Sunday morning for me, awesome!), but I also hope they offer VOD, as I imagine a lot more people (especially those in the US) will buy if they can watch at their leisure, rather than staying up to 4AM, lol. Secondly, I wonder what the price will be. Japan is notoriously expensive for media, so I doubt it'll be in the $15 range. Anything up to $40 and I'm fine with that. The show will definitely be worth it - I mean; NAKAMURA vs OKADA, holy fucking shit.

Also, the Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi title match from the Dominion PPV has surfaced on youtube (albeit in a slightly clipped version);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnwI2PW31Cc

ZdkaD.jpg

Apparently the president of New Japan has said they want to capture the international market by making PPVs available over the internet, and will use this Sunday's show to gauge interest. Also, he has said that they potentially want to run at least one show a year in the US! Awesome news.

Firstly, I'm so glad I can watch New Japan live (9AM Sunday morning for me, awesome!), but I also hope they offer VOD, as I imagine a lot more people (especially those in the US) will buy if they can watch at their leisure, rather than staying up to 4AM, lol. Secondly, I wonder what the price will be. Japan is notoriously expensive for media, so I doubt it'll be in the $15 range. Anything up to $40 and I'm fine with that. The show will definitely be worth it - I mean; NAKAMURA vs OKADA, holy fucking shit.

Also, the Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Hiroshi Tanahashi title match from the Dominion PPV has surfaced on youtube (albeit in a slightly clipped version);

Wow, that's good news. I'm excited for this.

Kaladin

Do you know where the iPPV page is? I can't seem to find a US version of it. All I have found is the Japanese page which impossible to read even with Google translate. Seems like it is 1800 Yen there.

Do you know where the iPPV page is? I can't seem to find a US version of it. All I have found is the Japanese page which impossible to read even with Google translate. Seems like it is 1800 Yen there.

No idea, I was waiting for some more details released, hopefully an English press release. Where did you find the bit about 1800 yen?

Kaladin

No idea, I was waiting for some more details released, hopefully an English press release. Where did you find the bit about 1800 yen?

Did a search for the news story, found a forum where they posted the Japanese iPPV page. I couldn't make heads or tales of it enough to figure out how to order it, even translated using Google Translator, but I did see 1800 Yen in the description.

Kaladin

This is what WWE is advertising for the house show I'm going to Saturday night.....Front Row!!!!

WWE RAW WORLD TOUR

Wildcard Raw General Manager AJ
"Who knows what she will have in store for Albany?"

"Mr. Money in the Bank" Dolph Ziggler "Will he cash in his earned opportunity in Albany for a World Title?"

John Cena vs. Big Show in a STEEL CAGE MATCH

CM Punk vs. Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship

Chris Jericho Teams with Zack Ryder to take on Dolph Ziggler and the Miz

Also appearing: R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, Jack Swagger, Brodus Clay w/Naomi and Cameron, Layla, and Beth Phoenix

Worth it for Punk vs Bryan alone.

Entropia

No One Remembers
This is what WWE is advertising for the house show I'm going to Saturday night.....Front Row!!!!

Worth it for Punk vs Bryan alone.

Yes. Ziggler will cash in his money in the bank at a fucking house show, :lol

Also - house shows are fun and all to watch wrasslin', but it SUCKS if you're not a kid with his parents in the front row.

I felt like a bad bad smark sitting front row when I went in March.

Kaladin

The only thing I ever expect out of a house show is good wrestling.....and that's what I'll see in at least two of the top matches.

NawidA

Banned
Imagine if this did happen, it would fly under many fans radars and Ziggler would trot out on the following Raw with the title to the bemusement of half the crowd.
They need to do this and have Ziggler win every week with a Fameasser out of nowhere.

It's happened before with the IC and Tag Titles, probably the hardcore as well. They would announce it on WWE.com and then play house show video on Raw. I think most recently this happened when Rosa Mendez won the tag titles.

Kaladin

It's happened before with the IC and Tag Titles, probably the hardcore as well. They would announce it on WWE.com and then play house show video on Raw. I think most recently this happened when Rosa Mendez won the tag titles.

It's ok, she's the only one I see out there too.

They should let Cena win then lose the championship at house shows inbetween Raws to pat his title amounts. He'll be like Goldberg's streak, you'll just hear about it magically increasing.

Kaladin

They should let Cena win then lose the championship at house shows inbetween Raws to pat his title amounts. He'll be like Goldberg's streak, you'll just hear about it magically increasing.

Cena has been wrestling Big Show at house shows for about two months now......and that crap fest is all they could give us last night.

Aiii

So not worth it
Best: Damien Sandow All Day Every Day

Unsurprisingly, the best moment of Raw 1001 goes to Damien motherf**king Sandow for showing up to interrupt the dance contest, beating the dino-shit out of Brodus Clay (for real, with knees to the face until he couldn’t stand up anymore) and breaking his dumb jewelry. He even made a point to calm himself and conduct his entrance theme. Raw has a way of always being super terrible, but pushing through one shoot amazing character or thing to keep me tuning in. Right now, Damien Sandow is that thing. You’ve finally made it, Idol Stevens, and you didn’t even have to be “Lebanese Don Draper” to do it like I thought you would.

I’d love it so much if Sandow could actually win this feud, and not just get suplexed and splashed on the SummerSlam pre-show. I want him to do the same thing to Brodus next week and pin him, then grasp something random like he’s holding a chalice and explain that all you have to do to beat a big fat guy is take out his legs and knee him in the head until he stops moving. He should also point out that no grown man should wear dinosaur jewelry, put back on his Joey Gladstone robe and cartwheel/Hallelujah his way to the back where Josh Mathews is waiting to learn about Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Worst: Jerry Lawler: “THIS CHINESE GUY SHOULD CHANGE HIS NAME TO CHING CHONG CHING”

f**k you

Worst: Lord Tensai, Still

How funny is it that awesome ass Lord Tensai with the Mountain Dew spit hand and plus-sized Great Muta gear had to be “depushed and repackaged”, and what they came up with was “take away his lordship, don’t let him wear as many clothes and make his underwear look more like a Fruit Roll-Up”?

I’m a fan of Albert’s and want him to be a cool and important part of the show, but the momentum is dead and it’s time to wash off the facial scribblings, grow back out some of that chest hair and start making choo-choo noises before you run into people. Or better yet, give us one backstage segment or interview where Tensai explains anything he does so we don’t have to blink through another stupid “HE’S BEATING UP HIS FOLLOWER!” thing. One f**king interview where he says “yes, I was Albert, but now I am SO MUCH MORE LOOK AT MY DEW BREATH” and people are stupid for chanting Albert. One f**king interview where he says “hey, WWE guys sure are tougher than my Japanese competition! Time to try harder!” and he’s got motivation and a reason to do LITERALLY ANYTHING OTHER THAN THIS.

If Tyson Kidd is on Raw five more times this year, he can say he spent 10 minutes on Raw.

http://withleather.uproxx.com/2012/07/the-best-and-worst-of-wwe-raw-73012

Top Bottom