• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

xnZj9.gif
He and Bryan ruled that show. Everyone got outshined, even Punk and AJ.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
AJ outshone everyone that wasn't Bryan.

She did Light It Up multiple times. You know, between asking for Twitter and Touts and basic matches any GM would have made.

They really need to get her in a feud with another diva soon, even if it's Eve.

He and Bryan ruled that show. Everyone got outshined, even Punk and AJ.

Maybe I'm retarded, but CM Punk calling out Jerry Lawler on his bullshit was an even bigger deal to me than nailing The Rock for his bullshit. The only minus from Punk was his regression towards the end of the show back into cowardice.

But that slight is nowhere near enough to negate two segments dedicated to exposing Jerry Lawler for the idiot buffoon that he is. Hopefully next week Punk can bring in law enforcement to haul away that douchebag pedophile.

I love how you say "even Punk and AJ". Two people that didn't even do anything yesterday, lol.

Don't even.

Yeah I downloaded him, he's in community creations.

You're welcome by the way
What a cop out answer, by that logic your mother is in WWE12.....well okay that's not the case, at least I don't think so.

Let's look at a book, Nocturnowl.

The Big Book of British Smiles Failed WWE Wrestlers

I bet that book contains all the wrestlers I mentioned in my earlier post, that's enough! THAT'S ENOUGH!

G-Fex

What a cop out answer, by that logic your mother is in WWE12.....well okay that's not the case, at least I don't think so.

I bet that book contains all the wrestlers I mentioned in my earlier post, that's enough! THAT'S ENOUGH!

PERHAPS YOUD LIKE TO SEE MORE OF THE BOOK OWL?

bznKH.jpg

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Maybe I'm retarded, but CM Punk calling out Jerry Lawler on his bullshit was an even bigger deal to me than nailing The Rock for his bullshit. The only minus from Punk was his regression towards the end of the show back into cowardice.

But that slight is nowhere near enough to negate two segments dedicated to exposing Jerry Lawler for the idiot buffoon that he is. Hopefully next week Punk can bring in law enforcement to haul away that douchebag pedophile.

Don't even.
I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I thought the Punk stuff was overrated. He didn't call Lawler out on his BS. All he told him was "Rock isn't the WWE universe, he's just one man". He could have said so much more. I think people have just been so tired of Faux-Cena Punk that they're expectations were so low that anything could have met them last night from Punk. It's a decent start, but he really didn't do much to Lawler. Maybe he should have talked about how one sided Lawler is, or how his ability to commentate and his interest in the product has been dwindling for years. That would have been calling him out on his BS.

somedevil

Raw Rating:

Monday's WWE Raw show drew a 3.08 rating, down from the 3.84 rating that Raw 1000 drew. The first hour of the show drew a 2.8 rating. Hour two scored a 3.2 rating. The final hour rose to a 3.3 rating.

The Normal Raw did a 3.25 rating without the 3rd hour. Also, enjoyed last nights raw. They just need to cut down on the recaps.

I'm not trying to be difficult here, but I thought the Punk stuff was overrated. He didn't call Lawler out on his BS. All he told him was "Rock isn't the WWE universe, he's just one man". He could have said so much more. I think people have just been so tired of Faux-Cena Punk that they're expectations were so low that anything could have met them last night from Punk. It's a decent start, but he really didn't do much to Lawler. Maybe he should have talked about how one sided Lawler is, or how his ability to commentate and his interest in the product has been dwindling for years. That would have been calling him out on his BS.

Did you have the sound off during the main event or something?

McNei1y

I don't remember him saying much during the main event, honestly. Although, I actually liked Punk getting in AJ's face, as I thought it helped signify a heel change.

Speaking of him getting in AJ's face... I still wonder why he asked AJ "Are you Crazy?!??!" when a month ago he knew she was crazy.

G-Fex

I wonder if anyone actually throughly gives any treatment to the wrestlers of the WWE

cause they have a VERY LARGE case of personality disorders.

They change from one to the other.

Except Cena.

I don't remember him saying much during the main event, honestly. Although, I actually liked Punk getting in AJ's face, as I thought it helped signify a heel change.

That was the worst part for me. Punk should be genre-savvy enough to know that every GM in the history of wrestling would have done the exact same damn thing. Fantasy booking: Punk should have cut AJ off as soon as she walked out and announced the Summerslam match as a triple threat between the him/Show/Cena.
Instead he ended up looking like the Miz.

As for the commentary, Best and Worst summarizes it better than I could:

Best: CM Punk Ripping Jerry Lawler A New Asshole

Oh God, how much did we all go back in time and fall in love with CM Punk for the first time for saying everything we’ve ever wanted to say to Jerry Lawler?

“Basically I told you straight up at the beginning of the show, your commentary is rotten. You have these agendas and these opinions of people and frankly you shouldn’t be, you know … nobody cares. Call the match, King. Tell me what’s going on. Watch your monitor.”

Lawler’s golden-tongued response is, “heh, well” and then a solid minute of silence until he can come up with something passive aggressive to say later. He tells Punk he’s taking notes when Punk is actually analyzing and calling the match, then suggests that The Rock is awesome and Punk “couldn’t electrify a fish tank if [he] threw a toaster in it!” The same guy who, 20 seconds earlier, Michael Cole said had “completely changed the direction of the WWE” when he beat John Cena for the title and walked out. The guy King’s been shouting “PIPE BOMBBB” about for a year. I guess when Lawler gets criticized he assumes the criticizer is Michael McGillicutty. You know what the worst part is? Some dumb kid or teenager or adult is going to hear Lawler say that and use it as a talking point on the Internet. “The Rock is better than CM Punk because he’s ELECTRIFYING!” And it’s f**king meaningless, so they Tout it, and there they are on Raw.

Except Cena.

Cena hasn't changed in seven years, which is mindblowing considering how all of the shit he's done should have evolved him. I think the only television show to ever have such a stagnant protagonist would be Inspector Gadget.

G-Fex

That was the worst part for me. Punk should be genre-savvy enough to know that every GM in the history of wrestling would have done the exact same damn thing. Fantasy booking: Punk should have cut AJ off as soon as she walked out and announced the Summerslam match as a triple threat between the him/Show/Cena.

Cena hasn't changed in seven years, which is mindblowing considering how all of the shit he's done should have evolved him. I think the only television show to ever have such a stagnant protagonist would be Inspector Gadget.

Nah Inspector Gadget turned heel a few times.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

That's it? That one line is him calling Lawler out on his BS? Every announcer in the WWE is deliberately told to ignore the match, and build stories. King sucks, but "pushing agendas" is silly. Besides, King is the color commentator. He's not supposed to call the match. He's always had an agenda. Heel King working with JR back in 98 or 99 always had an agenda, and it's what made him great. His problem, and he's said this in interviews, is that he just doesn't care anymore, especially not about commentating.

XenoRaven

Goku? I mean he got taller, then shorter, then taller again I guess, but personality-wise he's pretty much always been the same.

Anth0ny

So I heard on Review a Raw that the Steph promo from last week where she ripped Heyman apart wasn't scripted.

Anyone have a source?

Top Bottom