• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

There's a WrassleGAF IRC? What type of fun stuff goes on there?

... KANE
... AJ
... AJKANE
... this one time I had a wrestler sleeping on my couch while I read the wrestling observer, which had a news story about him.
... KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE
... Japanese wrestling update
... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO G-FEX SUCKS

and so on.

Net_Wrecker you seem like a fine poster. Why does Heavy ignore you?

I think he put me on ignore after we had "legit heat" a while back when he tried to come at the King but missed. He found himself penniless, friendless, and without money or allies. While I stuck around and TOOK my respect fighting for Good Wrasslin™ night after night, he took the easy way out and abandoned the thread in search of greener pastures.

THAT IS THE MAN WITH WHOM SOME OF YOU PLACE YOUR FAITH. A TRAITOR AND A SCOUNDREL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTvu8CBwOdI&#t=1m6s

PEACE.

G-Fex

... KANE
... AJ
... AJKANE
... this one time I had a wrestler sleeping on my couch while I read the wrestling observer, which had a news story about him.
... KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANE
... Japanese wrestling update
... BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO G-FEX SUCKS

and so on.

This is bull cause the IRC channel is always DEAD

Deader than this thread

G-Fex

I have shown the powers of my vivid imagination, do not let it scare you, young simpleton. I'm going to make it my duty to help you understand words once again.

I'm going to whisper evil things to you while you sleep.

Then I will grasp your eye sockets and shake them violently.

I'm going to whisper evil things to you while you sleep.

Then I will grasp your eye sockets and shake them violently.

Such is the behavior I'd expect from someone who has lived a life of fear at words they cannot apprehend. It all makes sense now, why you've been communicating via Yu-Gi-Oh! cards all these years.

G-Fex

Such is the behavior I'd expect from someone who has lived a life of fear at words they cannot apprehend. It all makes sense now, why you've been communicating via Yu-Gi-Oh! cards all these years.

I am what was, now which never is.

Chris take my hand for the Equinox is upon us. If I were to fire then what is the principal post?

I am what was, now which never is.

Chris take my hand for the Equinox is upon us. If I were to fire then what is the principal post?

Your attempt to sound smarter is admirable, however holds little substances. I can see this 'Words' issue will be an albatross around your neck. I was going to play the Plywood 'READ A BOOK' tag card. I shall refrain.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
You bring up a good point.

We should have Golddust as our Raw GM instead of stupid AJ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABEjOuDEqpE&t=1m44s

Flair and HHH were cracking up.

Although it'd be hard not to lose it.

You have a guy cutting a promo staring at your genitals and then yelling "COCK! COCK! COCK!" in your face unexpectedly. The absurdity and sheer unexpectedness of the situation would make you lose it. :)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Watching raw now. What made them decide to have likable GM's after such a long time? AJ is too cute, and Booker is just awesome, missed his promos.

G-Fex

Flair and HHH were cracking up.

Although it'd be hard not to lose it.

You have a guy cutting a promo staring at your genitals and then yelling "COCK! COCK! COCK!" in your face unexpectedly. The absurdity and sheer unexpectedness of the situation would make you lose it. :)

You shouldn't make LIE LIE LIE LI LI AYYEEEEEE LIGHT of peoples tragedies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Reading through this thread?

What in the blue hell are you lot complaining about?

Granted, 3-hour Raw is too fucking long, but this Raw was nearly back-to-back wrestling, the few promo's they did have were good, Jericho on commentary was good. Brodus Clay getting beat on by Sandow was great. Bryan was great. AJ should be wrestling, but damn that white suit looked amazing on her.

The only few bad things I can think of is suprise roll-up wins (at least do a frigging finisher first) and Kelly Kelly appearing. She didn't even use her time to learn how to run the ropes. :( On the upside, the divas match did last longer then a minute. However, using Kelly Kelly and Eve as wrestlers while using AJ in a backstage role is puzzling. Not even speaking of using those two over Beth, Natalya or, I dunno, the divas champion...

But really, aside from that this show was a solid B imo.

Did miss the #PUNKALL option in that twitter poll though.

Also, the lack of promos might have contributed to it, but I don't remember the crowd doing a single WHAT-chant all night.

i miss you guys (even though I'm still in wrasslegaf Developmental) but being on the other side of the world makes watching RAW tricky. That said i watched some bits here and there and gotta give kudos to DBRINE for getting a good match (not just tv match) out of ol CENER. The dude has staying power.

Curious if Ambrose won another dark match in raw or smackdown this week. Also the CM Punk dvd looks amazing and i want to see it immediately.

NOCTURNOWL ARE YOU OK?? POST IF YOU'RE OK!!

I'm OK....now, nothing wrong with only recovering like 10 hours later, wooo Beard Barrett is on his way home to be underused!

Having just sped through Raw as fast as possible I will say it was okay, while I appreciate them trying to actually add some sort of rivalry to this sheamus/del rio stuff but the car antics weren't that great.
Oh and Kane/Bryan at SS, suck it haters.

If that Punk promo at the end was supposed to be the grand reveal of his heel nature it was pretty weak, I was actually glad to see Big Shoe punch everyone after that letdown.

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm OK....now, nothing wrong with only recovering like 10 hours later, wooo Beard Barrett is on his way home to be underused!

Having just sped through Raw as fast as possible I will say it was okay, while I appreciate them trying to actually add some sort of rivalry to this sheamus/del rio stuff but the car antics weren't that great.
Oh and Kane/Bryan at SS, suck it haters.

If that Punk promo at the end was supposed to be the grand reveal of his heel nature it was pretty weak, I was actually glad to see Big Shoe punch everyone after that letdown.

Don't think they intended to turn Punk instant-heel. He's just very gradually transitioning to a heel role. And quite frankly, he's still using alot of valid arguments. Okay, the whole argument with AJ and making the 3-way is nonsense. But his other grievances are reality-based on much of what they picked up from the WWE UNIVERSE­™ over the past half year.

Don't think they intended to turn Punk instant-heel. He's just very gradually transitioning to a heel role. And quite frankly, he's still using alot of valid arguments. Okay, the whole argument with AJ and making the 3-way is nonsense. But his other grievances are reality-based on much of what they picked up from the WWE UNIVERSE­™ over the past half year.

But he is no longer shaking hands and smiling, that's like instant WWE heel material. Remember when he had that slow burn heel turn against Jeff Hardy? now that was well done.

Aiii

So not worth it
But he is no longer shaking hands and smiling, that's like instant WWE heel material. Remember when he had that slow burn heel turn against Jeff Hardy? now that was well done.

Agreed on that last part.

The not-shaking hands and smiling, well, he's pissed off, he's not in the mood to smile.

And to be fair, if everytime I said or did something, that green capped a-hole came prancing to the ring and interupting me or stealing my spotlight, I'd want to kick his teeth in as well.

Aiii

So not worth it
I did lol when they were showing the Be A Star video package with Sheamus.

I mean, he literally stole a 200k dollar car and took it for a joyride, proceeding to trash it completely and then he's lecturing us on bullying. Such a role model.

I swear to bah gawd it was like the be a star video package was played right inbetween the f***ing Sheamus stuff this week.

They must just be doing it on purpose, its the only explanation.

AGGGGH >_<

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rey Mysterio needs to retire. I do not say this as a bitter complainer about the last 5 years of Rey Mysterio and his seemingly beating everyone and getting titles just for existing. I say this as a fan of Rey Mysterio Jr, someone who was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW. Someone who, with Ultimo Dragon, showed me things that I didn't even think were possible inside of a ring. I'm not even saying for the sake of your matches, but for the sake of himself. He was able to supplement his lack of high flying in recent years with better technical wrestling, making the big spots less big but more meaningful. But at this point, he did almost no high flying against CM Punk. Rey Mysterio can not pull a Jushin Liger and go from high flying to a more technical style because he just doesn't have the size or strength at this point. He's already lost several friends to the pains of wrestling and dealing with that pain. For the sake of his family, I'd like to see him retire while still being able to walk.

This brings up a problem with WWE's current booking of younger talent. Who do you even put his last match against?

Jericho? Seemingly on his way out, and Jericho's one of the few veterans that knows his time in the spotlight is over with and is willing to put younger guys over.
Batista? As much as I'd like to see a Heeltista back. I really don't see him coming back at this point.
Randy Orton? Orton doesn't need it.
Sin Cara? Sin Cara doesn't deserve it.
Hunico? WWE would actually have to push Hunico, and it would take too much time for him to be built up again.
Evan Bourne? A possibility, but it would be face vs face, and as over as Bourne is, I don't think he's over enough to sell a Rey retirement match. Also the fans might hate him for getting rid of their favorite
Kofi? Same as Bourne
Undertaker? At this point, it's pretty obvious that Undertaker is only about putting himself over. That guy doesn't need any more 'retirements' on his record because he's not going to pass it on to a younger guy
Dolph? Another possibility, but unlike the WWE's thought process, Dolph REALLY needs to be a face.
Wade? Possible, but they'd have to build a feud up because the two have no real past with one another
Punk? I think this is the likely one, but Punk doesn't need it.
Daniel Bryan? If WWE is serious about him being a heel and not the kind of 'anti-hero' character he is now, I think this is the best choice they've got. It would solidify his spot, and it would be someone who could help carry Rey through a great match
Ultimo Dragon? This one's a pipe dream. WWE would have to sign him for ONE match, and they don't do that. Also, I don't think the Little Jimmys know or care about Ultimo. I think if Rey were to have his final match in Mexico, Ultimo would be it.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I swear to bah gawd it was like the be a star video package was played right inbetween the f***ing Sheamus stuff this week.

AGGGGH >_<

It's a fact that the B A * stuff is shown RIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT before a bullying segment.

Rey Mysterio needs to retire. I do not say this as a bitter complainer about the last 5 years of Rey Mysterio and his seemingly beating everyone and getting titles just for existing. I say this as a fan of Rey Mysterio Jr, someone who was one of my favorite wrestlers in WCW. Someone who, with Ultimo Dragon, showed me things that I didn't even think were possible inside of a ring. I'm not even saying for the sake of your matches, but for the sake of himself. He was able to supplement his lack of high flying in recent years with better technical wrestling, making the big spots less big but more meaningful. But at this point, he did almost no high flying against CM Punk. Rey Mysterio can not pull a Jushin Liger and go from high flying to a more technical style because he just doesn't have the size or strength at this point. He's already lost several friends to the pains of wrestling and dealing with that pain. For the sake of his family, I'd like to see him retire while still being able to walk.

This brings up a problem with WWE's current booking of younger talent. Who do you even put his last match against?
Looking through those options i'm up for Kofi (of course, this is me the one Kofi fan here), Bourne or Bryan.
I'd like to say Sin Cara but well, that's just not working out, I still want to believe.
I only advocate Barrett in this position if he destroys Rey and "retires" him but I think Mysterio deserves a better ending than that, as much as I would enjoy hearing his wails of terror in fear of the Barrett Barrage.

Just saw the ending.

Punk isn't going to kiss babies anymore?

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEL TURNNNNNNNNNNNNN
But he never said anything about not hugging fat girls, tweener.

Aiii

So not worth it

AGGGGH >_<

Lets not forget the great Sheamus shit himself while sitting in a Ferrari.

That must have made his daddy proud.

Laserfrog

Catching up on RAW from where I fell asleep, feed me more is such a silly catchphrase. I'm not gonna give Ryback food the damn fatty.

UberTag

That was one of the best executed slow burn heel turns in recent memory. There aren't many on that level that come to mind. Jericho had a nice slow turn against Michaels a few years back, too.

This turn? Not so much.

Top Bottom