• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

gurudyne

Vomit inducing Boy Scout BS. Only thing that could make this worse is if King goes full on ad nauseum about how virtuous it was.

(sigh)

The stupidest finisher in the business.

DMczaf

Raw ends with Big Show's music.

I watched 3 hours of Raw for this.

I hate you guys.

I'm not shaking any of your fat baby hands.

Diablos54

Should have just ended the show after Punk's rant, no one gives a FUCK about the Big Shit. We all know he's not winning so why?

Ithil

I really have to wonder Bryan isn't the third man instead of Big Show. He just had a great match with Cena, had great crowd interaction, all of it. Does Big Show have any of that?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Congratulations, WWE.

You've done your best since day one to undermine everything that made Punk special.

I think I'm done.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Show ends with Cena getting knocked the fuck out and everybody in here is still whining.

I ain't shaking your hands.

Great main event and a cool unexpected finish.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Rm0wV.jpg

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
eh, what else could they do? Right now Show was the 3rd wheel so they needed to reassert his image as a monster. Show can't wrestle to save his life but he can be an interesting character. I'd rather he win if Punk doesn't retain.

Enfinit

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Big Show's even RELEVANT to the title scene? He can't wrestle, he's annoying, the crowd never cares, and he's a giant fucking booger.

Please tell me WHY the WWE acts like he's just as big as Cena? It doesn't make any goddamn sense when you have Bryan ready to go and in tune with the crowd. Big Show is nothing more than a giant tub of lard and sounds like diarrhea hitting toilet water.

McNei1y

Big Show was the only guy in the triple threat to lose his match tonight, how's he the force to be reckoned with?

Randy Orton couldn't lose. It was horrible booking. It's obvious Big Show isn't going to win. Not sure who they're fooling. Now, a Sheamus/Cena/Orton match would be a mystery.

WELLLLLLLLL ITS DA BIG SHOE

BlazinAm

That wasn't Punk's work shoot that I was expecting I guess I have to wait until after Summerslam. Next week could work but that would solidify that Punk is not walking out as champ.

Also it seems set in stone that Del rio is going to lose at summerslam, are they really going to give him a rematch because wasn't there news that Vince wanted to give a title reign to Rio.

Alucard

Banned
Don't think I can do this again next week, guys. Too much mediocre television to devote 3 hours to in hopes of getting a good match or seeing a good segment. Just gonna go back to reading virtual time results on PWtorch.com. Blah.

Ithil

That wasn't Punk's work shoot that I was expecting I guess I have to wait until after Summerslam. Next week could work but that would solidify that Punk is not walking out as champ.

Also it seems set in stone that Del rio is going to lose at summerslam, are they really going to give him a rematch because wasn't there news that Vince wanted to give a title reign to Rio.

Summerslam is already a rematch for Del Rio, he lost clean to Sheamus at Money In The Bank too.

Vega

Man, when are guys like Kane and Big Shoe gonna retire? I'm an on and off again watcher and it blows my mind they are both hanging on with the same gimmicks for 15 years lol.

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why Big Show's even RELEVANT to the title scene? He can't wrestle, he's annoying, the crowd never cares, and he's a giant fucking booger.

Please tell me WHY the WWE acts like he's just as big as Cena? It doesn't make any goddamn sense when you have Bryan ready to go and in tune with the crowd. Big Show is nothing more than a giant tub of lard and sounds like diarrhea hitting toilet water.

That PPV wih him vs Cena in the main event did ok I think. That's probably the only reason behind him still being around.

I don't hate Big Show. He's a solid worker and in big matches he knows what he's doing. The Cena/Punk singles match needs more of a build than it could have had at Summerslam. This works as a stopgap.

Kaladin

Now that that is over. It is time for me to conclude what I started about 3 months ago today. I am about to finish watching Deep Space Nine for the first time, after watching The Next Generation for the first time. I'm in for a good night.

the fuck is wwe doing with Punk?

are they putting him in standard coward heel mode?

Seriously, this is awful so far.

I'm catching Raw now and good lord they are dropping the ball huge with Punk.

At least before when he was a goody goody, it wasn't as bad.

Raw 1001, Punk was a perfect tweener, then he came out at the end and starts complaining. ugh!

Don't think I can do this again next week, guys. Too much mediocre television to devote 3 hours to in hopes of getting a good match or seeing a good segment. Just gonna go back to reading virtual time results on PWtorch.com. Blah.

Get a DVR, dood. I started @ 10:30 and skipped so much that I caught up by the end.

30 minutes of Raw a week is way better.

Alucard

Banned
Get a DVR, dood. I started @ 10:30 and skipped so much that I caught up by the end.

30 minutes of Raw a week is way better.

I stream the show. No cable. May just youtube matches or something. After tonight...yipes. I wasted so much of my time on this stuff. It really does feel as wasteful.

Seriously, this is awful so far.

I'm catching Raw now and good lord they are dropping the ball huge with Punk.

At least before when he was a goody goody, it wasn't as bad.

Raw 1001, Punk was a perfect tweener, then he came out at the end and starts complaining. ugh!

Yeah, I got the same feeling on episode 1001. They just make him sound whiny and apologetic, this is their idea of "tweening" the character.

Tonight's promo made him a full out heel, but what a way to fizzle it out by having Show end the night. Just routine booking

Wrestlers I care about right now:

Daniel Bryan
CM Punk
Chris Jericho
Dolph Ziggler
Sandow
Barrett
Tyson Kidd

heath-slater.jpg

You can't forget the ONE MAN BANDDDDDD

BAY BAY!

Bryan
Barrett
Kidd
Slater
Ziggler
Sandow
Punk, if he gets out of the hole he is sinking into

These are the fresh faces that make Raw fun.

I liked the last hour of Raw quite a bit. The first two hours were almost unwatchable. I'll give the first two hours a couple more weeks to see if they can provide some really good segments otherwise I'm just gonna start tuning in at 10. Or maybe like I'll tune in for the opening promo at 8 (first 10-15 mins) just to see where they're heading with the show and then skip the next hour and 45 mins and start watching at 10. That sounds like a plan.

Kaladin

Good news everyone!!!!

futurama-season-6-20100609103054764.jpg

Impact Wrestling will air weekly live through Thursday 9/27.

TNA was originally slated to return to their old taped format at the beginning of September.

Spike TV and TNA continue to discuss continuing the live weekly broadcasts beyond September.

Top Bottom