• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

atomsk

Party Pooper
Cole is not a good announcer though. He doesn't recognise most of the moves for fucks sake.

Worse of all, he tries to cover it up by saying stuff as "high risk maneuver" or "he's coming off the top rope" instead of calling the actual move.

Also, "vintage this" and "vintage that"

Well who do you think he's got in his earpiece all night

iUmo0.jpg

i would not mind cole and striker on raw bot can work well together. i think striker is a great commentator and knows his stuff

Jr and Regal are godlike on NXT

Yeah, seems like they want Barrett to be a big deal as soon as he comes back. Which is actually pretty awesome given how many times they've dropped the ball with him already, he always seemed like the real deal.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, seems like they want Barrett to be a big deal as soon as he comes back. Which is actually pretty awesome given how many times they've dropped the ball with him already, he always seemed like the real deal.

Fingers crossed. I can't wait for him to return. I'm a Barrett Bum! (Not Barrage, that's silly. I'd rather be a Bum.)

Jitters

I honestly think they could have put the belt on him during the Nexus angle and it would have worked.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly think they could have put the belt on him during the Nexus angle and it would have worked.

They COULD and SHOULD have. Alas. He got to lie under a table with chairs being plunked onto it.

They COULD and SHOULD have. Alas. He got to lie under a table with chairs being plunked onto it.

Wade Barrett is Daredevil, he "sees" by using his acute sense of hearing. Cena just realized this and exploited Barrett's weakness to loud noises. I'm surprised that more people didn't figure this out.

atomsk

Party Pooper
it's funny that most of the NXT season 1 guys are still on tv, and the only dude from season 2 getting any decent tv time is Titus O'Neil

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
it's funny that most of the NXT season 1 guys are still on tv, and the only dude from season 2 getting any decent tv time is Titus O'Neil

I'm still sour they never gave "Showtime" Percy Watson a chance.

FINGER RAIN

Entropia

No One Remembers
What are social media scores and how are they judged? Is it how much stuff they get trending?

I think so. Honestly, the common social media person doesn't care for that stuff. The only people that do are the companies that are super into social media (WWE - they can circlejerk this info back to the board), or those people that post their entire lives on social media and are on every single platform.

Ithil

Vince was still miles ahead of him; maybe it's the emotion he gave. Cole sounds so unenthusiastic most of the time, and just sounds like he's reading off a piece of paper.

AH HA HA HA, THAT'S SHAWN MICHAELS!

Yeah Vince was fun on commentary.

jmdajr

So everyone from original Nexus has done ok except for Tarver.

It definitely seems they front-loaded that first season of NXT with everyone they saw as having WWE potential. Latter years only had a couple that should really be main roster right now (Low Ki, Bateman, Curtis, Watson)

jmdajr

Houston Toyota Center is excited to welcome back WWE Smackdown on Tuesday, August 7th! Don’t miss all of your favorite WWE Superstars like John Cena, The Big Show, John Laurinaitis, COO Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and many more live in action this August!

2-on-1 Handicap Match:
John Cena vs The Big Show and John Laurinaitis

Special Apperance:
WWE COO Triple H :eek:

Also, featuring the return of Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton!

Can't really justify going now with the little one now, but could be a decent show.
Most of the good stuff will probably be dark main events.

Aiii

So not worth it
Houston Toyota Center is excited to welcome back WWE Smackdown on Tuesday, August 7th! Don’t miss all of your favorite WWE Superstars like John Cena, The Big Show, John Laurinaitis, COO Triple H, Rey Mysterio, Randy Orton, Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus and many more live in action this August!

2-on-1 Handicap Match:
John Cena vs The Big Show and John Laurinaitis

Special Apperance:
WWE COO Triple H :eek:

Also, featuring the return of Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton!

Can't really justify going now with the little one now, but could be a decent show.
Most of the good stuff will probably be dark main events.

Triple H pedigrees superstars during commercial breaks to keep the crowd hot. Been doing it for months now.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
If WWE truly wanted to run with a mentally unstable GM angle, they would have AJ booking all sorts of crazy matches with crazy stipulations and shaking things up.

Zack Ryder vs Ezekiel Jackson in an exploding land mine match

4-way between Big Show, Hornswoggle, Undertaker, and Tyson Kidd, loser leaves town

Kaladin

The wedding of TNA Knockout Gail Kim to Food Network personality Chef Robert Irvine will be featured in a special titled "Wedding Impossible" on 8/18 AT 10 PM on the Food Network.

The title is a take-off of Irvine's two series that have run on the Network, Dinner Impossible and Restaurant Impossible which have shown his adventures in creating specialized menus and rehabbing restaurants in danger of closing in short periods of time.

McNei1y

Why does AJ have to wear a suit? Why can't she just wear nothing?

If Ambrose to finally come to Raw, who would be a good opponent to him start a feud with?

Why does AJ have to wear a suit? Why can't she just wear nothing?

If Ambrose to finally come to Raw, who would be a good opponent to him start a feud with?

i would say cody since ambrose's gimmick is that eh came from nothing while rhoses was born into the business.

Kaladin

I'm all set for the weekend. I've got Ring of Honor Boiling Point 2012 on Saturday and TNA Hardcore Justice on Sunday......going to be a good weekend. Now I just need some booze.

Top Bottom