• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

FAVE FIVE TIME! FAVE FIVE TIME! FAVE FIVE TIME!

WWE/TNA:

1) Daniel Bryan
2) Austin Aries
3) CM Punk
4) Bobby Rooooooooo
5) Dolph Ziggler

Indies:

1) A.C.H.
2) El Generico
3) Kevin Steen
4) Jojo Bravo
5) Eddie Kingston

Women:

1) Sara Del Rey
2) Lady Poison
3) Athena
4) Rachel Summerlyn
5) Jazz

I don't remember him saying much during the main event, honestly. Although, I actually liked Punk getting in AJ's face, as I thought it helped signify a heel change.

I actually really didn't like that at all. It made Punk look like the typical WWE coward heel. If he said earlier in the show he didn't care who won the match, he shouldn't care about getting the chance to kick both of their asses either. If he's gonna be a weird douche tweener, don't make him complain like Alberto Del Rio or something.

Kaladin

Lol, I posted this in July.

Ring of Honor returns to iPPV on Saturday night, August 11th with “Boiling Point 2012” live from Providence, RI! With a World Title match between Kevin Steen & Eddie Kingston, a tag team grudge match between The Briscoes & "Zombie Princess" Jimmy Jacobs & Steve Corino, as well as a Mixed Tag Match with "Die Hard" Eddie Edwards & "The Queen of Wrestling" Sara Del Ray vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett & "The First Lady of ROH" Maria Kanellis, this is shaping up to be a huge event! And now, for the next 24 hours only, you will be able to save on your purchase of this iPPV broadcast!

Starting at 9am Wednesday and running until 9am Thursday, “Boiling Point 2012” will be available for only $11.95! That $3.00 off the regular price and if you're a Ringside Member, apply your 15% discount and get the iPPV for only $10.15! That's almost $5.00 off the regular price! Click here to place your order for “Boiling Point 2012” starting, Wednesday August 1st at 9am.

If you were planning on watching Ring of Honor's diluted roster on Boiling Point 2012, it's $11.95 instead of the usual $14.95 for the first 24 hours the event is on sale....even cheaper with ring side membership.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I actually really didn't like that at all. It made Punk look like the typical WWE coward heel. If he said earlier in the show he didn't care who won the match, he shouldn't care about getting the chance to kick both of their asses either. If he's gonna be a weird douche tweener, don't make him complain like Alberto Del Rio or something.
You guys are going to be disappointed with this heel turn, lol.

That's it? That one line is him calling Lawler out on his BS? Every announcer in the WWE is deliberately told to ignore the match, and build stories. King sucks, but "pushing agendas" is silly. Besides, King is the color commentator. He's not supposed to call the match. He's always had an agenda. Heel King working with JR back in 98 or 99 always had an agenda, and it's what made him great. His problem, and he's said this in interviews, is that he just doesn't care anymore, especially not about commentating.

No, it wasn't just that line. It was a full match of Lawler's stupid comments being slapped down with measured logical responses. Saying "You don't care about commentating" is the wrong type of shoot, telling him to shut up with the irreverent banter and to do his fucking job is a means to the same ends.

Kolour kommentary King has never been "great". Heenan was great, Heyman was great, CM Punk was great, and the biggest difference between those three and King is that colour shouldn't just be spewing dick and fart jokes wherever, they react to what's actually happening.

Can we really count his general stupidity as a heel turn?

Inspector Gadget had the support of law behind him as he would unfairly target good people, while ignoring blatant villainy. He also seemed confused by and ignorant towards people of different cultural backgrounds. He's exactly like Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
No, it wasn't just that line. It was a full match of Lawler's stupid comments being slapped down with measured logical responses. Saying "You don't care about commentating" is the wrong type of shoot, telling him to shut up with the irreverent banter and to do his fucking job is a means to the same ends.

Kolour kommentary King has never been "great". Heenan was great, Heyman was great, CM Punk was great, and the biggest difference between those three and King is that colour shouldn't just be spewing dick and fart jokes wherever, they react to what's actually happening.
We'll just have to disagree there. I thought heel King was great during the attitude era.

Wow.

The dangerous driver part isn't TOO offensive, but the "open your eyes" part? Not so much.

Fuck you Albert.

Fuck you and your hairy back.

Bahaha, you'd hate my booking cause that would be Tensai pretty much every week in my WWE. A big racist hardass who went to Japan to get better but actually hates the Japanese....along with every other race including white people. Nothing overly offensive, but just bad enough to get that ECW riot starting heat.

Enfinit

So apparently Vince will announce the new SmackDown GM at tonight's live event, and there's "strong speculation that it'll be Booker T."

Source: WWE text message.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Bahaha, you'd hate my booking cause that would be Tensai pretty much every week in my WWE. A big racist hardass who went to Japan to get better but actually hates the Japanese....along with every other race including white people. Nothing overly offensive, but just bad enough to get that ECW riot starting heat.
Same here. That's the Tensai that we should get. It would work so well as a heel tactic, and he could show off his promo skills.

Sokantish

So apparently Vince will announce the new SmackDown GM at tonight's live event, and there's "strong speculation that it'll be Booker T."

Source: WWE text message.

U0bmt.gif

Why would they do that

But B A Star. They can't have people think they're hypocrites.

Which is exactly why it's such a dumb partnership. The best heels are scumbag bullies that are still "cool" enough that you think "Y'know, he'd be alright if he wasn't kidnapping wrestlers and dropkicking puppies." Instead we get heels who are all cannon fodder for the superhero of the month. I just don't understand the logic.

This is why I enjoyed the Bryan stuff last night so much. It gave just enough of an edge to his character that even though he lost to Sheamus and got beat up by Kane, it's still fun to have him on TV. I really don't know how such unfiltered greatness got through the meat grinders that are Raw rewrites.

Enfinit

SD isn't live tonight, is it?
Apparently. I did one of those "Text now for a chance to win Wrestlemania tickets!" a while ago, so now WWE sends me normally a text before RAW or SmackDown, alluding to the night's events. This is what I got:

scaled.php

Why would they do that
Who the hell knows. Booker T doesn't relate to anything and isn't doing anything. I don't understand why they don't bring Edge back and call it a day.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If AW had to apologize for his rape joke, Lawler should have to apologize for his "That ref should change his name to Sum Ting Wong" joke too.

Oh wait, WWE. Racist stereotypes are not only okay, but encouraged!

SoulPlaya

more money than God
they did and it sucked
That's cause Johnny wasn't that good at it, honestly, and they had like three other authority figures, as well.

Just redo what you did with Foley as commissioner. That was good. And stop letting McMahon's (HHH included) on TV.

Sokantish

Okay, where the hell are you all getting these new tags? :lol Beef has one, Razorskin has one, and now Seraphis?!

They went in that tag fishing thread.

NBRQP.gif

No reason to post this but to say this is still my favorite Daniel Bryan gif. At least you're good for one thing, Kane.

Top Bottom