• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin |OT| I'll tout it to the papers if I have to

E-DuB

Punk's entrance for WWE 13

Unsurprising, but no clobbering time. But I'm not gonna complain if they actually put in everyone's entrance attire unlike last year.

My one rip on the WWE games for as long as I can remember is that the ring announcers have always sounded lifeless. Would it kill the people running the VO sessions to tell them to, you know, use a little bit of enthusiasm?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lets see how many Midgets we have

John Cena 6'1"
CM Punk 6'2"
Daniel Bryan 5'10"
Chris Jericho 6'0"
HHH 6'4"
Randy Orton 6'4"
The Rock 6'5"
Stone Cold 6'2"
Shawn Micheal 6'1"
Eddie Guerrero 5'8"
Chris Benoit 5'11
Bret hart 6'1"
Macho man 6'2"
Ric Flair 6'1"
Ricky Steamboat 5"10
Kurt Angel 5'10"

No way in hell Punk is 6'2". I've met him and he's not even breaking 6 feet. Not even close. I'd go with 5'8 or 9 with him. Same goes for Jericho, he's in the same neighborhood.

These billed heights are such bullshit.

I'm certain they do.

We've been on this creepy AJ and Kane shit for months now. The day AJ dressed like Kane and started skipping around the ring I was convinced there's either a writer on GAF or lurking GAF.

Every other wrestling forum who made the exact same speculation are also convinced that a writer lurks their forum.
As much as we'd like to think so, there is nothing unique about the opinions on these boards, except for a higher than average focus on Kane.

No way in hell Punk is 6'2". I've met him and he's not even breaking 6 feet. Not even close. I'd go with 5'8 or 9 with him. Same goes for Jericho, he's in the same neighborhood.

I read this post in Batista voice, nicely done.

Razorskin

----- ------

A 6'7" man is a very poor judge of height.

krae_man

Yep, everyone has to be "Larger then Life". I'm surprised they don't bill Rey Mysterio at 6'2" 214lbs.

jmdajr

John-Cena-CM-Punk-And-Other-WWE-Wrestler-Picture.jpg

wish we had a better angel but..

I'm 5'8" and there is no way I am as big as Punk. No way.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep, everyone has to be "Larger then Life". I'm surprised they don't bill Rey Mysterio at 6'2" 214lbs.

My 5'4" friend said Rey was even smaller than she was IRL. They bill him at 5'6"

The 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka, and "The Porugeuse Man o' War" Aldo Montoya will comprise team WWF for this years King Of Trios.

Why does CHIKARA want me to spend all my money?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
The 1-2-3 Kid, Tatanka, and "The Porugeuse Man o' War" Aldo Montoya will comprise team WWF for this years King Of Trios.

Wow :O That's awesome.

Will be awesome to see 1-2-3 Kid & Tatanka again...Aldo Montoya, not so much, lol.

I wonder who the final team is going to be. Hoping for another Japanese men's trio, Dragon Gate or Big Japan.

Aiii

So not worth it
- The Wrestling Observer has compiled data on the most popular or most talked about professional wrestling performers in the first six months of 2012, based on Google activity and searches, and among female wrestling talent, AJ garnered the most interest in the United States by a considerable margin. She is trailed by Eve Torres, Velvet Sky, Vickie Guerrero, Beth Phoenix, Mickie James and Gail Kim. No other female talents gained substantial interest.

No Kelly Kelly? Why is this girl pushed like she is?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
They did a WWE 13 Q&A on youtube, but I figure people would just want to know the quick version

•Features Attitude Era, but it's still a modern WWE game. That's still the main focus.
•Single player campaign is 'all about the Attitude era', so that's probably why RWM has been replaced in favor of this Attitude Era campaign. So the modern equivalent will probably be less 'story focused'.
•Atitude Era campaign is not 'going to be rated r but not going to be rated pg either'
•Austin's middle fingers are in, but they're blurred (WHICH IS AWESOME TO ME. That makes it extra hardcore and authentic from the old WWF replays)
•Blood is turned off, but in the atittude era campaign, you'll get a 'different experience' if you turn it on and he claims 'different scenes'. (Which I'm just going to assume means that Austin is bloody in a cutscene instead or something)
•No WCW Arenas
•The meter for pinning is changed to being based on damage and the move before the pin. So if you hit an arm drag and pin, your opponent will have a bigger bar to kick out of. If you hit a stunner or a big move, it'll be smaller.
•AI is more aggressive with pinning
•'Big moves' will keep an opponent down on the ground longer than regular moves, regardless of what their damage is at. (No no selling finishers, ladder moves, etc.)
•You can hit midair finishers off springboard(like Jericho's codebreaker from a diving opponent)
•You can set infinite finishers in match settings if you want
•Improving hit detection has been a 'big focus' this year. Mostly springboard and diving attacks
•New contextual animations? He was saying if you normally did a clothesline to someone's back in previous WWE games, you'd just sort of have weird stuff happen and the characters would kind of stumble. Now, if the opponent's back is to you, you'll do a dropkick or something similar instead, and they'll animate with that
•You can't do lifting moves to opponents that drastically outsize you, but you won't do the 'oh my back' thing either. Your character will just go for a different move, and you can sub in whatever you want that different move to be on your Create A Moveset

No Kelly Kelly? Why is this girl pushed like she is?

The divas division in general has been getting burried gradually for the past six months. Kelly Kelly got pushed because when she came into the company she was really young so they can get alot more years of use out of her before she gets too old and ugly

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for that info Dragonzord. I preordered in full before, so it's good to hear.

Jitters

People don't look her up on the internet. If nobody cares about you, then you're not giving WWE exposure at all, are you?
That is just google results. I'm pretty sure she is the most looked at diva on the wrestling news site and she has a shit load of twitter followers. Not to mention all the Maxim stuff.

Top Bottom