• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Anth0ny gimme the you cant see me bit pls!

One thing as it concerns to Ronda, if she does join WWE, i hope she can accept losses in pro wrestling way, way, way better than she handled her MMA losses.

You think they're going to make her lose if she comes over? She'll be protected like Brock; always an animal, minimal loss/damage.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm not really all that jazzed about the idea of bringing in a squad of MMA fighters to squash the existing wrestlers.

klonere

Banned
I'm not really all that jazzed about the idea of bringing in a squad of MMA fighters to squash the existing wrestlers.

resize

The difference between the NJ vs UWF/UWFi feuds and Inoki Madness was that UWF & UWFi were desperate for money, whereas in the 2000's Inoki was desperate for MMA dudes to legitimise NJPW.

Basically, if you can make them do the job, then great. If you can't, just don't fucking bother.

Wait is there rumors that Ronda's going to WWE?

There are rumors of a Four Horsewomen vs. Four Horsewomen match. Maybe at WM. It's picked up even more because Jessamyn Duke (one of the MMA 4HW) just started training wrestling.

Ronda could still get a fight and draw numbers.

She could, but a lot of people close believe she doesn't want to do it anymore.

You think they're going to make her lose if she comes over? She'll be protected like Brock; always an animal, minimal loss/damage.

Of course she would be like Brock. Super, super protected. But even Brock hasn't losses on his ledger. And she would eventually have them too.

I don't know if they would. I mean they probably would, but Shafir or Duke could take the loss on the MMA side and it would be fine.

But Shayna Baszler is legit. She's really good. Better than most women in WWE. She would deserve a big win like that.

Anth0ny

Why would anyone real fight when they could fake fight for the same/more money? Ronda is clearly done with MMA, I think it's inevitable unless she starts getting offered a bunch of movie roles.

Why would anyone real fight when they could fake fight for the same/more money? Ronda is clearly done with MMA, I think it's inevitable unless she starts getting offered a bunch of movie roles.

Her movie roles dried up when she lost and disappeared off the face of the Earth.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shaynas a legit wrestler now.

Apparently they're looking to do something with the MMA Four Horsewomen and the WWE Four Horsewomen and Becky Lynch has been in a twitter war with Cyborg for a while now.

None of these are going to make anyone look good.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
I want a new Fight Night game so badly

It was a great series, so of course whenever EA accidentally fucks up and releases something good they then have to either ruin it and kill it after ruined version flops or just skip straight to killing it.

Fight Night Champion was fantastic. And I'm sad that team has become the UFC factory.

It was a great series, so of course whenever EA accidentally fucks up and releases something good they then have to either ruin it or kill it.

Well they didn't kill it just to kill it. It died because they got the UFC license, so they put the former Fight Night team on those games.

Apparently they're looking to do something with the MMA Four Horsewomen and the WWE Four Horsewomen and Becky Lynch has been in a twitter war with Cyborg for a while now.

None of these are going to make anyone look good.

I disagree. Shayna could come out of it looking great.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Fight Night Champion was fantastic. And I'm sad that team has become the UFC factory.

Well they didn't kill it just to kill it. It died because they got the UFC license, so they put the former Fight Night team on those games.

I remember when they couldn't get the UFC license so they just made "EA MMA" with all the b listers who couldn't cut it in UFC and somehow, Fedor.

I don't get POPGAF. I thought they were just a semi-serious meme community.

Is posting lots of GIFs not allowed?
Correct. It is against the rules:

alright.

each poster gets one (ONE) post with a gif per page, NeoGAF-gold style.

Should you provide more than one gif per 100 posts, or do a bunch of stupid image quotes of someone else's post with the SAME FRIGGING GIF OVER AND OVER and I will do horrible things to your account privileges.

Thought the midnight wrestle-gaf nonsense would have sorted things out in a way everyone could understand going forward, I gave you folks too much credit :(

if you're sitting at your computer going "hmmmmm I wonder if quoting this particular image one more time is going to get me whacked? that is a mystery" then err on the side of caution and assume that yes, it will backfire mercilessly upon you and your colleagues will gather and laugh about how you got banned for double quoting that cool animated gif of HBK pantomiming playing the skin flute while some fan takes a swing from behind the fence.

one gif per one hundred posts per person, please give me an opportunity to make an example of somebody. I'm begging you.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=30514296&postcount=2882

I don't know if they would. I mean they probably would, but Shafir or Duke could take the loss on the MMA side and it would be fine.

But Shayna Baszler is legit. She's really good. Better than most women in WWE. She would deserve a big win like that.
Baszler has the best presence in women's wrestling and the talent to back it up.

She's like the female Minoru Suzuki (who has the best presence in men's wrestling)

Angry Grimace

The roster's stuffed as it is, can we please not add a handful of failed MMA fighters into the mix?

They have Crazy Mary signed and she doesn't even have WWE name. They threw her in the MYC under her real name, which is what they do for everyone who they are currently using as a job person.

Meltzer said he wasn't able to get a ticket for BOLA Night 2 before they sold out, but he made some calls and is probably gonna get in anyways.

Da Meltz got the hookup.

The roster's stuffed as it is, can we please not add a handful of failed MMA fighters into the mix?

I'm fine with Shayna getting a spot. She's worked her ass off as a pro wrestler. She's great. And Ronda is far from failed. She's pretty much just Lesnar without the prior WWE run.

The other two would likely just work as a one-off.

They have Crazy Mary signed and she doesn't even have WWE name. They threw her in the MYC under her real name, which is what they do for everyone who they are currently using as a job person.

Not true. Sarah Logan is her NXT name. Her real name is Sarah Bridges.

Angry Grimace

I disagree. Shayna could come out of it looking great.

The problem isn't the MMA girls looking good. It's burying your own roster against shoot fighters.

Top Bottom