• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

So who do we think WWE will sign from the MYC? The only two I would say are basically locks are Baszler and Storm. Baszler because she's great and friends with Ronda. Toni Storm because she's front and center in the marketing of the tournament and has pretty much all the makings of a superstar (the actual kind, not the WWE term).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
can we talk about Nakamura's amazing reaction to Cena's "You cant see me" taunt?

Cause its those little things that makes Nak...well Nak, and he needs to do more of.

So who do we think WWE will sign from the MYC? The only two I would say are basically locks are Baszler and Storm. Baszler because she's great and friends with Ronda. Toni Storm because she's front and center in the marketing of the tournament and has pretty much all the makings of a superstar (the actual kind, not the WWE term).

the elbow drop japanese lady? I never know her name :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

"What's Tonia Squall doing in the Full Sail Zone?!"

Draxal

I mean no offense, you are on a spoiler blackout, but others aren't. So it would be very hard to discuss this without going into spoiler territory.

Probably anyone who makes it past round 2.

WWE probably wanna avoid a CWC situation so anyone going far in the tournament had to sign a contract already to get there.

The problem is that I don't think that makes Tanahashi look heroic. It makes him seem idiotic.

To us, maybe, but it's a cultural thing - the idea that the hero will keep going, no matter the cost. Fighting spirit, getting back up even when the odds are against you, etc. Also, Japanese fans seem to be able to take things more at face value - western fans want to know the insides and out of everything, is it a work, is he really injured, etc. So a story about a guy refusing surgery just so he can continue to fight will feel stupid to western fans, who're concerned with the real life aspects of the whole thing, whereas Japanese fans are more likely to see it as part of the story.

Menome

I'm enjoying the Doctor Who chat in here. Been a fan since I saw a repeat of The Daemons on BBC2 back in 1992. I now have the entire released DVD/Blu-Ray collection of the Classic and New series, with a dedicated shelving unit for them.

For the New series, I actually preferred Matt Smith's run to Tennant's, but that's more to do with preferring Moffat's approach as showrunner (Well, until the past couple of years) over RTD. Mainly because I fucking hated the Rose-pandering.

If they'd left it as it was at the end of Doomsday, it'd have been fine, but RTD just couldn't let her go and so Series 3 had Tennant moping about it and then
surprise, she's back again

I don't want to sound too harsh, because it was still a great show overall, but I was actually glad once Tennant and RTD were done as it needed a breath of fresh air.

A ton of them are already signed.

Are they? I know that was the plan, but I wasn't sure if it was ever actually confirmed. I know the PC women are obviously like Evie and Kairi, but not the free agents.

I mean no offense, you are on a spoiler blackout, but others aren't. So it would be very hard to discuss this without going into spoiler territory.

It's totally possible to have this discussion without spoiling anything. Even if you were to suggest someone because of something from spoilers, that doesn't necessitate the spoiler being added to the qualification.

Sephzilla

I'm enjoying the Doctor Who chat in here. Been a fan since I saw a repeat of The Daemons on BBC2 back in 1992. I now have the entire released DVD/Blu-Ray collection of the Classic and New series, with a dedicated shelving unit for them.

For the New series, I actually preferred Matt Smith's run to Tennant's, but that's more to do with preferring Moffat's approach as showrunner (Well, until the past couple of years) over RTD. Mainly because I fucking hated the Rose-pandering.

If they'd left it as it was at the end of Doomsday, it'd have been fine, but RTD just couldn't let her go and so Series 3 had Tennant moping about it and then
surprise, she's back again

I don't want to sound too harsh, because it was still a great show overall, but I was actually glad once Tennant and RTD were done as it needed a breath of fresh air.

The Doctor moping about Rose and friend-zoning Martha in the process was a subplot I kind of dug about series 3 though. Martha basically showed up at the wrong time. Then Rose coming back as a harbinger of doom was a neat little thing

To us, maybe, but it's a cultural thing - the idea that the hero will keep going, no matter the cost. Fighting spirit, getting back up even when the odds are against you, etc. Also, Japanese fans seem to be able to take things more at face value - western fans want to know the insides and out of everything, is it a work, is he really injured, etc. So a story about a guy refusing surgery just so he can continue to fight will feel stupid to western fans, who're concerned with the real life aspects of the whole thing, whereas Japanese fans are more likely to see it as part of the story.

I guess so. Just seems wrong to cheer on a guy who is hurting himself to continue on.

Cultural differences, I guess.

E0aasnL.jpg

Mavc3qo.jpg

I thought these games looked pretty good with the entrance lighting so I want to see actual gameplay before judging. So far so good though.

I can't get into New Who - just something about the feel of it, the absence of the old-school serialised format, the concessions to modern television (running through corridors to dramatic music!), etc. Best Doctors?

4th > 3rd > 5th > 2nd > 1st > the rest of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
can we talk about Nakamura's amazing reaction to Cena's "You cant see me" taunt?

Cause its those little things that makes Nak...well Nak, and he needs to do more of.

the elbow drop japanese lady? I never know her name :(

Kairi Sane (nee Hojo) is already signed.

Toni Storm is an Australian wrestler who is basically a lock to get signed. I'm not really sure who else in the tournament seems like an obvious signing that isn't' actually signed other than maybe Candace LaRae.

I keep thinking Storm has to drop the Progress title if they sign her, but maybe she doesn't given the recent friendliness. Maybe she comes into NXT as the Progress champion and we get a Progress Women's Champion vs. NXT Women's Champion match.

Menome

I can't get into New Who - just something about the feel of it, the absence of the old-school serialised format, the concessions to modern television (running through corridors to dramatic music!), etc. Best Doctors?

4th > 3rd > 5th > 2nd > 1st > the rest of them.

Hartnell > Pertwee > Tom Baker > Smith > McCoy (After his awful first season)

Draxal

Are they? I know that was the plan, but I wasn't sure if it was ever actually confirmed. I know the PC women are obviously like Evie and Kairi, but not the free agents.

It's totally possible to have this discussion without spoiling anything. Even if you were to suggest someone because of something from spoilers, that doesn't necessitate the spoiler being added to the qualification.

I'm hoping for either Shayna or Jazzy, I really don't think Nia or Tamina are good wrestlers, and I think we need someone fiercer that doesn't have a tiny fists of fury build.

I really think Nia hurts the Raw womens division alot, as Tamina is basically a nonpresence in the Smackdown division.

I think Storm is destined for superstardom, so she's a lock.

Draxal

It's insane to me that Toni is as good as she is at 21. And without all the carny baggage of someone like Paige!

Thing with Storm is, I'm not sure if she's a tweener or face or a heel in the wwe, but she's got the whole package and probably can pull both like Sasha.

Thing with Storm is, I'm not sure if she's a tweener or face or a heel in the wwe, but she's got the whole package and probably can pull both like Sasha.
bayley likely missing summerslam means another six months (or some specific amount of time) with no sasha heel turn :(

Tall4Life

In WWE2k they always make a few guys look really good for their screenshots but thats it in terms of updates to the character models

One thing as it concerns to Ronda, if she does join WWE, i hope she can accept losses in pro wrestling way, way, way better than she handled her MMA losses.

Top Bottom