• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Zach

Fight Night Round 3 blew my miiiind. And it's one of the few games I could dominate all of my friends at, which helps. I was a master of stick-punching. :D

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Joshi, not to be outdone by the men also have gotten on the action of terrible unsafe spots. Say hello to one of Kairi's concussions.

giphy.gif

Joshis have been doing unsafe spots long before the men

Hex

Banned
Bish ain't around anymore, so the chains are off.

Pretty much it comes down to common sense.
Use your words.
If you are posting a gif, make it apply to whatever you are posting to.
And don't use the same gif for every reply.
I swear there were like 3 gifs that were used in every other thread over there.
Here most of the gifs are in ring stuff anyway

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Use your words.

and dont fucking spam your post with the same gif 10 times... who used to do that here? Fucking dont >_>

I heard y'all are big fans of WWE's fonts

KFC is the primary sponsor of SummerSlam? Are they offering any sort of WWE themed goodies?

I remember when 7-11 was the sponsor and they had lenticular slurpee cups that should Rey Mysterio doing the 619, for example. One year they had foil-embossed metallic cups with Rowdy Roddy Piper. They also had little plastic figurines that attached to the straw of Superstars like The Miz.

Mike Johnson is saying he's heard rumblings that all the former ROH guys who are NXT bound (Lio Rush, Dijak, Fish, KOR, and Cole) might come in as a stable of sorts instead of them all being introduced as singles at once.

This slow trickling of them (Fish a few weeks ago, O'Reilly last night) might be a part of it.

Hex

Banned
Depends how the match is booked. If the WWE women get their moments of dominance over Duke and Shafir, and then one of them gets beat by Baszler, I think overall they come out of it okay.

I think it takes a long time to be convincing as a shoot fighter without actually hurting someone like Lord God Suzuki.
Blackman worked because he was just Steve Blackman.
Shamrock took some time to find a groove and even then he wrestled a mostly pro wrestling style with some grappling.

I hope Enzo gets to fuck some fried chicken again.

Mike Johnson is saying he's heard rumblings that all the former ROH guys who are NXT bound (Lio Rush, Dijak, Fish, KOR, and Cole) might come in as a stable of sorts instead of them all being introduced as singles at once.

This slow trickling of them (Fish a few weeks ago, O'Reilly last night) might be a part of it.

You can't have one organ of the Trump administration (ROH through Trumpist propaganda arm Sinclair Broadcasting) invading another (WWE, for obvious reasons).

I think it takes a long time to be convincing as a shoot fighter without actually hurting someone like Lord God Suzuki.
Blackman worked because he was just Steve Blackman.
Shamrock took some time to find a groove and even then he wrestled a mostly pro wrestling style with some grappling.

I'm just basing my opinion of her off of what I've seen. Which has impressed me. She comes off as legit in a way many women do not, especially in WWE.

Tom Nook

Nexus 2.0

shaowebb

Joshi, not to be outdone by the men also have gotten on the action of terrible unsafe spots. Say hello to one of Kairi's concussions.

giphy.gif

Okay, I respect the hell outta Joshi for their dedication and how hard they are fighting to get over women's wrestling. They openly just take brutal shit and a lot of the time its unnecessary. Respect given and earned and all that.

That said, if I ever saw someone do this shit in a fed I owned I would fucking fire them on the spot for putting someone at risk like that. This is such a ridiculously unnecessary unsafe spot. Shit like this or just straight up kicking the shit outta someone's face and stomping on them is too much. I always got criticized in training for always talking about bumps and thinking up new ones to take because like a stupid kid I liked the reaction folks had of someone getting back up. I loved Foley and it was encouraging me to wanna be known for heart and toughness and just taking tons of cool looking bumps. Looking back it was stupid and seeing these Joshi doing this shit after things like D. Bry, and Shibata's injuries it makes me realize how heavy handed promotions need to start coming down on needless shit.

God this feels weird to say. I fucking adore Shibata and Nakamura and love that strong style goodness. I just gotta admit though that Im pretty much just cheering for a gladiator spectacle though by encouraging this. Wrestlers are putting too much at risk these days and need to find a better balance of not taking needless risks and unnecessary strong stuff. They should be able to get over just as well without giving someone brain damage.

Zach

Use your words.
giphy.gif

Foggy

Yeah well I can non-exclusively report that fite.tv is going to carry AJPW events at $5 a pop.

I'm game as long as the turnaround isn't weeks or a month

Zach

Maybe Professor B. will actually put in some work now to promote his upcoming championship bout at GWF 7: Zach is Cool and We All Like Him.

Ho Ho Lun was like the Jinder of China.

The only reason he was in the CWC and advanced past the first round and later signed is because they wanted a Chinese star.

shaowebb

Oh thank GOD. This dude was terrible in the ring. He seemed like a backyarder or something. Like a kid who only kinda sorta could do moves and hadn't trained enough to get fluid or any sort of style. No vertical, no strength, not a thing. All he had goin for him was that he was big in the ONLY fed in Hong Kong. One that I think he probably started. Its like he was only there to fill out the countries list for the CWC.

He never should have made it onto television to begin with.

Egg0

Banned
Yea I didn't even realize Ho Ho Lun was even in NXT.

I remember there were people who liked him in the CWC, unless it was in an ironic way. I didn't really care him at all.

ghostmind

Ho Ho Lun was like the Jinder of China.

The only reason he was in the CWC and advanced past the first round and later signed is because they wanted a Chinese star.

Then they hired a bunch of them, so now it's time for Ho Ho to go go.

I wonder if this will be the tip of the release iceberg?

WWE's latest retro shirt is the Nexus shirt.

Kind of weird given most are unemployed and not associated with the company, one works on commentary, another is injured and the only active one barely appears.

Sephzilla

Fight Night Round 3 blew my miiiind. And it's one of the few games I could dominate all of my friends at, which helps. I was a master of stick-punching. :D

For a while my friends and I would gather on random nights to have 'fight nights' using the boxers we made based on our own likenesses.Since I'm a tall and lanky guy with decent reach people fucking hated fighting me in that game because I'd get a solid jab or two in before they could even throw a punch that would hit. And once they'd finally get into range they'd always get frustrated/greedy and go for a bit hit right away, which would set up for a perfect ducking parry into a haymaker.

I miss Fight Night

Yeah well I can non-exclusively report that fite.tv is going to carry AJPW events at $5 a pop.

I'm game as long as the turnaround isn't weeks or a month

$5 a pop is more than reasonable, even if I end up watching only 1-3 matches a show.

Paige did say in the interview today that she's returning to WWE soon. Had a CT scan just recently. She said she's excited to work with the new women.

So at least she's not being openly antagonistic anymore.

jmdajr

My A/C unit has had trouble cooling. Was hoping it be a minor fix.

NOPE.

Well could be, A LOT worse.

I mean I don't have to fix it, but it probbaly be worse in the long run. Thank You global warming.

Top Bottom