• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Only way Toni doesn't get signed is if they got cold feet and have no interest in a women's only program. Unless she's playing contractual hardball or something.

I think the women's only show is on hold. But I don't think that will stop them from signing her, or anyone else really. They could always use more women. The main roster has a total of like 15. And they only actually use like 11 of them.

And given how much she has been outspoken about wanting to be in WWE, I doubt she would play hardball.

Can you imagine though...think about this:

Paul Heyman, the advocate for Roman Reigns.

I like Roman by himself. Right now you either love him or hate him. With most of the internet hating him. The thing about Roman is that either way people get loud when he comes out. Can't say that about all the people on the roster.

With Paul, everyone who hates him will jump ship and start loving him.

I think the women's only show is on hold. But I don't think that will stop them from signing her, or anyone else really. They could always use more women. The main roster has a total of like 15. And they only actually use like 11 of them.

And given how much she has been outspoken about wanting to be in WWE, I doubt she would play hardball.

And Toni is better than like 9 of those 11. She immediately makes that division better.

The smug nodding git

I misread that as "gif" so I got it prepared. Here it is anyways!

KMGJBnt.gif

Why do you assume she would be put over at all and not just be doing 3 minute jobs to Becky Lynch?

Why do you assume she would be doing 3 minute jobs to Becky Lynch and not just be getting put over?

Also, given how much Becky gives up in programs, you really could have used a better example.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Real talk though, Evie is probably one of the people I'm most excited about in the MYC. She's just so great, and has been for a while. Hell, she was Nia's debut squash opponent, and in three minutes she managed to get more over than Nia. She's almost a perfect babyface given her size and style of work. I think she has even greater star potential in WWE than Kairi.

An Evie/Toni Storm feud is one of my biggest hopes with them both coming into WWE around the same time. I think they could work great together. They've only ever wrestled once and it was years ago.

Love Evie. I am worried about her getting lost in the shuffle post-MYC. I'm curious what they're going to do with the new women signed after the tournament. The cruiserweights got their own show, but I doubt that'll happen for the women. So do they go to NXT or right to the main roster? They are having the final in the 205 (death) spot, but it IS a main roster crowd and NOT Full Sail.

Foggy

Yeah the only major concern is how Toni will come across as a character and her charisma. It'd be a damn shame if she fell flat like Athena did.

Yeah the only major concern is how Toni will come across as a character and her charisma. It'd be a damn shame if she fell flat like Athena did.

For all the talk of Ember being flat, which I agree with in some respects, she's still way more over than most NXT stars, so obviously something is working.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Only way Toni doesn't get signed is if they got cold feet and have no interest in a women's only program. Unless she's playing contractual hardball or something.

Even if they don't have any plans to do a women's show (they don't from what Meltzer said this morning) they're still going to bring Toni in. She's pretty much what both Vince and HHH are respectively looking for in signable stars.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why do you assume she would be put over at all and not just be doing 3 minute jobs to Becky Lynch?

What a weird post. Like, what about Toni Storm would suggest to you that they would immediately job her out? Bad worker? Not attractive enough? Too old?

SilentMike03

Neo Member
For all the talk of Ember being flat, which I agree with in some respects, she's still way more over than most NXT stars, so obviously something is working.

Full Sail is very much a work rate crowd and Ember can put on some really good matches. She's going to struggle on the main roster if she can't fix her character work, which is lackluster.

Love Evie. I am worried about her getting lost in the shuffle post-MYC. I'm curious what they're going to do with the new women signed after the tournament. The cruiserweights got their own show, but I doubt that'll happen for the women. So do they go to NXT or right to the main roster? They are having the final in the 205 (death) spot, but it IS a main roster crowd and NOT Full Sail.

I expect most of them to go to NXT. Maybe someone like Shayna is hotshotted to the main roster though.

If Asuka and the Iconic Duo are all being called up soon, the NXT women's situation will be dire. They'll need an influx.

Even if they don't have any plans to do a women's show (they don't from what Meltzer said this morning) they're still going to bring Toni in. She's pretty much what both Vince and HHH are respectively looking for in signable stars.

Meltzer did not explicitly say they aren't doing it. He just said he hasn't heard anything about it lately and that he personally wouldn't expect it given the U.K. show still hasn't started. But I don't think the comparison is exact, because I think taping a women's show on the road or at Full Sail would be undoubtedly cheaper than taping in the U.K. once a month.

Full Sail is very much a work rate crowd and Ember can put on some really good matches. She's going to struggle on the main roster if she can't fix her character work, which is lackluster.

That's not really true anymore. Full Sail is just dead for most things. Even good workrate. They were dead as fuck for Ohno/Itami and Drew/Dain.

But they always react to Ember.

Hasney

@newLEGACYinc DON'T LET THE 2K18 SCREENSHOTS DISTRACT YOU FROM THE FACT THAT WWE RELEASED A CERTIFIED FUTURE HALL OF FAMER, HOHO LUN

Balor is as dry a character as you can get, and he's super over on the main roster.

Ember can survive with lackluster character work if she's treated right.

somedevil

Her segment with Asuka on the WWE youtube has the most views of nxt segments they put up. Its over 2x views then the Black match vs O'Reilly.

Angry Grimace

Her segment with Asuka on the WWE youtube has the most views of nxt segments they put up. Its over 2x views then the Black match vs O'Reilly.

That's because for the majority of people watching it Kyle O'Reilly might as well be "Local Competitor." Lots of these views come from places like India where the only real way anyone is watching is pirating or YouTube itself.

ANOTHER MATCH ADDED TO PROGRESS NYC

Walter vs. Riddle for the Atlas Title

Nice, both Walter vs Riddle matches are MotYC to me, and I am sure this one will not disappoint. This Progress NY card is what Evolve wished could be.

Their second match was a really good chop battle, Riddle chest was marked.

Hasney

huh, Google Play music decided I should be re0introduced to Drive0Thru records like themovielife and Homegrown. I APPROVE.

Top Bottom