• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

He also made a joke about the stripper story on Raw about Enzo being cheap.

Also, if this Bayley injury is bad then its guaranteed Asuka is going to Raw due to them needing someone who can work and can carry others.

They really need bring up 6 women up after Summerslam.

They don't even have six women to bring up right now and not gut NXT. After the MYC they probably will though.

If Sanity comes up, that means Nikki too. So I think post-SS we might see Asuka on Raw and Nikki on SD. And the Iconic Duo in there somewhere (SD maybe to feud with Charlotte and Becky?)

They don't even have six women to bring up right now and not gut NXT. After the MYC they probably will though.

If Sanity comes up, that means Nikki too. So I think post-SS we might see Asuka on Raw and Nikki on SD. And the Iconic Duo in there somewhere (SD maybe to feud with Charlotte and Becky?)
Iconic Duo vs Becky and Charlotte is the dream feud.

Heroman

Banned
370full-yuji-nagata.jpg

Hasney

Meltzer mentioned this morning that someone presented him with an interesting idea. They should cut 50% of the NXT guys and girls they have. Not anyone major, just a lot of the PC people. And the ones that go out and still pursue wrestling, the ones that go to Japan and go to the UK and work their asses off to get better, those are the ones you look to pick back up and re-sign later. The ones that say "oh well, if I'm not in WWE I don't want to do this", then those are the ones who probably weren't gonna make it anyways, so who cares if you let them go.

But if they're talking about an AJPW partnership and have several UK partners anyway, how about they invest?

Alvarez speculated this morning that the reason the Breezango stuff is still going when it was supposed to end at Battleground is that maybe the original plan was Harper and Rowan, but then they decided to switch it to Sanity, so they had to delay the payoff to post-SS because Sanity has a title match at Takeover.

But if they're talking about an AJPW partnership and have several UK partners anyway, how about they invest?

This is assuming they don't do that.

But I agree making partnerships and doing excursions is a better way forward.

Meltzer mentioned this morning that someone presented him with an interesting idea. They should cut 50% of the NXT guys and girls they have. Not anyone major, just a lot of the PC people. And the ones that go out and still pursue wrestling, the ones that go to Japan and go to the UK and work their asses off to get better, those are the ones you look to pick back up and re-sign later. The ones that say "oh well, if I'm not in WWE I don't want to do this", then those are the ones who probably weren't gonna make it anyways, so who cares if you let them go.

They definitely need to cut people they are bloated in developmental and the Main Roster. Sending people from the main roster to NXT should also be a thing... Whether they take it as a demotion or not. Rewarding people every year at Summerslam and Wrestlemania for sitting in catering shouldn't be a normal thing.

somedevil

Smackdown does need more heel women. You could also bring up Liv Morgan as well and maybe even Mandy since she basically only does house shows.

Smackdown does need more heel women. You could also bring up Liv Morgan as well and maybe even Mandy since she basically only does house shows.

Liv Morgan is redundant on either roster. She can't get shine on Raw with Bliss there as a heel, and as a babyface she's not great so she'd look really bad next to Sasha and Bayley. She would die like Dana did. And if she goes to SD, she's basically Carmella-lite, so that wouldn't work.

If her and Enzo were still together you could pair them up, but that's not gonna happen.

She just doesn't make sense anywhere.

Mandy makes sense on Raw. But her and Lana on SD would be redundant.

They definitely need to cut people they are bloated with in developmental and the Main Roster. Sending people from the main roster to NXT should also be a thing... Whether they take it as a demotion or not. Rewarding people every year at Summerslam and Wrestlemania for sitting in catering shouldn't be a normal thing.

That is being discussed.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Watching Day 12 of G1 now and Tama Tonga has failed the Okada test.

If Okada can't get a good match out of you, you ain't shit.

I actually wouldn't mind this and it's kind of a decent approach. It definitely falls into the "if they're hungry" mentality, but look at some of the stuff in NXT now and in the past. There's some that can overcome so-so gimmicks (thinking Bayley and Sasha) but they also wanted it because they truly loved wrestling. I wouldn't be shocked if a few people in PC were former jocks who just loved The Rock and want to wrestle (pretty sure this is Cass & Enzo to a T).

Anth0ny

Makes sense. Look no further than Juice Robinson.

wonzo

Banned

this is a good idea so it'll never happen

WWE is where wrestling goes to die.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Hmmmmmmm. That could work.

Hasney

Also, think of the turds Orton has had to carry in the last year. Was second fiddle to Wyatt when the writing was good, then went bad as he had a house of horrors and WM match. Then was expected to carry Jinder.

I mean, they may as well have served him up turd flavoured ice cream as what they promised him after being busted open by Brock.

Rewatching this Black/ORielly match. Never picked up on how much they're pushing the martial arts thjng with Black. Feels weird but I guess it can work.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Rewatching this Black/ORielly match. Never picked up on how much they're pushing the martial arts thjng with Black. Feels weird but I guess it can work.

his finisher is a spinning kick where he lifts people with his foot first :p

Syder

RKO Outta Nowhere kinda saved the backend of Orton's career. He's done nothing impressive since coming back from injury.

Top Bottom