• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

The blocks for Stardom's Five Star GP (their G1) were released today. Tournament starts August 19th. Finals are September 18th.

Red Block:

- Mayu Iwatani
- Yoko Bito
- Hiromi Mimura
- Kagetsu
- Hana Kimura
- Viper
- Xia Brookside
- Kris Wolf

Blue Block:

- Io Shirai
- Jungle Kyona
- HZK
- Konami
- Natsuko Tora or Tam Nakano (will be decided during a match on August 13th)
- Toni Storm
- Kay Lee Ray
- Mandy Leon

While both blocks look pretty good, the blue block looks really great. Lots of good matchups there.

Kyona/Hazuki, Io/Konami, Toni/KLR, Kyona/Konami, Io/everyone else. Blue is definitely the better block. Kagetsu against Mayu and Yoko are the only ones I'm excited about, except maybe Mayu/Viper.

It's a shame Mandy and Xia are taking up space but at least it's less dead weight than last year.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eva Marie's release probably made Corey Graves sad, but then I remembered that Mandy Rose is still around and I wondered what happened to her - she got like one TV match and disappeared, but she's apparently still doing NXT house shows and people say she's getting better.

And then I checked out her instagram and damn she looks like she's on that Jinder juice. Lookin' swole as fuck.

Kyona/Hazuki, Io/Konami, Toni/KLR, Kyona/Konami, Io/everyone else. Blue is definitely the better block. Kagetsu against Mayu and Yoko are the only ones I'm excited about, except maybe Mayu/Viper.

It's a shame Mandy and Xia are taking up space but at least it's less dead weight than last year.

Yeah, I agree about Mandy and Xia.

Who do you think is taking it?

Io would obviously be the popular choice now that she's back full time, but I think my pick might be Kyona. She's ready for that next level push IMO and Io really doesn't need it.

Hasney

Eva Marie's release probably made Corey Graves sad, but then I remembered that Mandy Rose is still around and I wondered what happened to her - she got like one TV match and disappeared, but she's apparently still doing NXT house shows and people say she's getting better.

And then I checked out her instagram and damn she looks like she's on that Jinder juice. Lookin' swole as fuck.

Looking real jakked baby

Real jakked.

Draxal

The blocks for Stardom's Five Star GP (their G1) were released today. Tournament starts August 19th. Finals are September 18th.

Red Block:

- Mayu Iwatani
- Yoko Bito
- Hiromi Mimura
- Kagetsu
- Hana Kimura
- Viper
- Xia Brookside
- Kris Wolf

Blue Block:

- Io Shirai
- Jungle Kyona
- HZK
- Konami
- Toni Storm
- Kay Lee Ray
- Mandy Leon

While both blocks look pretty good, the blue block looks really great. Lots of good matchups there.

heh, all of oeda tai in the red block.

Tall4Life

Wouldn't say fan tbf, hardly watched them last season, kind of dropped NFL for some reason. Why I don't post in the NFL thread anymore. Still not a blonde white racist tho.... 🤔

bruh, i have dirty blonde hair and im not a racist 🤔

Red Block:

- Mayu Iwatani
- Yoko Bito
- Hiromi Mimura
- Kagetsu
- Hana Kimura
- Viper
- Xia Brookside
- Kris Wolf

Blue Block:

- Io Shirai
- Jungle Kyona
- HZK
- Konami
- Toni Storm
- Kay Lee Ray
- Mandy Leon

No Chelsea Diamond :(

Foggy

Yeah, I agree about Mandy and Xia.

Who do you think is taking it?

Io would obviously be the popular choice now that she's back full time, but I think my pick might be Kyona. She's ready for that next level push IMO and Io really doesn't need it.

My gut says Kagetsu vs Konami/Toni/Io with Kagetsu winning it. It feels like they've been building up to an end of year match between Mayu and Kagetsu, but with Io back they'll do Io/Mayu at the end of the year and payoff the Kagetsu feud sooner.

I think Kyona is the heir apparent to the high speed title against HZK at some point so I don't see her winning the block but I do see her doing much better than last year. Personally I agree though, she's ready for a big push sooner than later.

20597141_1464419263618729_2923380863000925375_n.jpg

Onita is here..

I wonder how the poor Skate Center is going to handle all the smoke and explosions and shit? Tremont is so going to do die making Onita look like a million bucks.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eva Marie's last "appearance" was that PPV she kayfabe no-showed right?

Syder

Wouldn't say fan tbf, hardly watched them last season, kind of dropped NFL for some reason. Why I don't post in the NFL thread anymore. Still not a blonde white racist tho.... 🤔
I don't like to tell people the Pats are 'my team' because most will assume it's glory hunting from recent successes, when in actual fact, they're the team that won the first Super Bowl I ever watched in 2002.

My gut says Kagetsu vs Konami/Toni/Io with Kagetsu winning it. It feels like they've been building up to an end of year match between Mayu and Kagetsu, but with Io back they'll do Io/Mayu at the end of the year and payoff the Kagetsu feud sooner.

I think Kyona is the heir apparent to the high speed title against HZK at some point so I don't see her winning the block but I do see her doing much better than last year. Personally I agree though, she's ready for a big push sooner than later.

Mayu is facing Kagetsu on the 13th though. Was announced this morning.

Unless they want to do a rematch later.

Hasney

SFV does better ratings than WWE now. :lol

Thread whining is bannable. I had to clear a good portion of posts in that thread. Come on folks, this isn't hard.

I'll legit never understand it. why bump a thread you don't feel is worthy just ot say it's not worthy? IT'S MADNESS

Sephzilla

Thread whining is bannable. I had to clear a good portion of posts in that thread. Come on folks, this isn't hard.

*shrug* i actually didn't know this. I'm just more curious why people are so interested in talking about the release of a bad wrestler who hasn't been on TV in a year

Beefy

I don't like to tell people the Pats are 'my team' because most will assume it's glory hunting from recent successes, when in actual fact, they're the team that won the first Super Bowl I ever watched in 2002.

2007 was when I first watched NFL and they were crazy then. But only watched about 4 games last season, gone of NFL atm.

Top Bottom