• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You know what? I used to look at people and question why they'd write I'm done with wrestling and I feel better about it brag posts...but I've been clean for four months now more or less and man does it feel good. Five hours a week back. 8+ on PPV weeks. Even more than that saved cutting out most of the toxic as hell wrestling podcasts, though I do listen to some if they cover topics I like.

So I'm making one of those now. I do feel better. Doesn't mean I won't stop by like another legendary part timer Bean Breath, who is a true hero for all he does for the community.

Hmmmm...

-Maybe not going through their post history for any evidence of participation in the community threads, as if that is some sort of litmus test of a forum member's value.

-Not making a wild, dismissive accusation about them as a result

-Not derailing their threads with negative comments about their worthiness

And as far as I know this happened a little more than an hour ago, not 2-3 years. And it was all done by you.

S2vrQ.gif
What board is this post from?

You know what? I used to look at people and question why they'd write I'm done with wrestling and I feel better about it brag posts...but I've been clean for four months now more or less and man does it feel good. Five hours a week back. 8+ on PPV weeks. Even more than that saved cutting out most of the toxic as hell wrestling podcasts, though I do listen to some if they cover topics I like.

So I'm making one of those now. I do feel better. Doesn't mean I won't stop by like another legendary part timer Bean Breath, who is a true hero for all he does for the community.
Moderation in all things, my friend ;)

Zach

Get a job, bean bread.

Man God, you've posted about not watching 37 times. And about how you're going back to anime school to get your anime PhD. Well, great! Get outta here already!

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared. ;_;

The blocks for Stardom's Five Star GP (their G1) were released today. Tournament starts August 19th. Finals are September 18th.

Red Block:

- Mayu Iwatani
- Yoko Bito
- Hiromi Mimura
- Kagetsu
- Hana Kimura
- Viper
- Xia Brookside
- Kris Wolf

Blue Block:

- Io Shirai
- Jungle Kyona
- HZK
- Konami
- Natsuko Tora or Tam Nakano (will be decided during a match on August 13th)
- Toni Storm
- Kay Lee Ray
- Mandy Leon

While both blocks look pretty good, the blue block looks really great. Lots of good matchups there.

Mandy Leon?!
Mandy-Leon-gifs-001.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Get a job, bean bread.

Man God, you've posted about not watching 37 times. And about how you're going back to anime school to get your anime PhD. Well, great! Get outta here already!

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared. ;_;

Zach...*extends hand to shake. You're good for business pal. I wish you luck on your future endeavors.

Hmmmm...

-Maybe not going through their post history for any evidence of participation in the community threads, as if that is some sort of litmus test of a forum member's value.

Not sure how the second half of your thought here logically follows the first because that isn't what happened at all. Sephzilla didn't tell the dude to not show up. The argument centered around whether the topic of Eva Marie was worthwhile, not anything the OP had to say.

Besides, Post history checks have their advantages. If people would take a peek at a post history once in a while, for example, they wouldn't accuse the community thread participants at large for Off-Topic threads they argue serves no purpose.

bean is a treasure and I will support him 100%

https://scontent.fapa1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/20545242_1654065791271134_809053849897374366_o.jpg?oh=aefbbff99ca53abf964f9886a5d00e4f&oe=59F17DB2[IMG][/QUOTE]
FallingEdge, I'll always support you taking photos next to Indie wrestlers and making them look small.
[quote="Zach, post: 245415015"]Get a job, bean bread.

I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so... scared. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Zach, 2-3 years ago you set upon giving a letter grade to every wrestling PPV on the WWE Network and despite MC Safety giving you hell after every updated spreadsheet you'd post, about your worth and your grade's worth, you buckled down, persevered and didn't quit.

I respect the heck out of that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Corbin s a champion would be 158 times better than Jinder.

... that's depressing.

Not sure how the second half of your thought here logically follows the first because that isn't what happened at all. Sephzilla didn't tell the dude to not show up. The argument centered around whether the topic of Eva Marie was worthwhile, not anything the OP had to say.

Besides, Post history checks have their advantages. If people would take a peek at a post history once in a while, for example, they wouldn't accuse the community thread participants at large for Off-Topic threads they argue serves no purpose.

Is this really something worth being upset about, the reputation of the pro wresting community thread in the eyes of the forum as a whole?

This community is not the gate keeper of all wrestling news, no one has to consult with you about whether a wrestling topic merits its own thread. If it's worthy, it'll get views and posts. If it isn't, it'll fall off the front page.

I thought you would have learned this after a mod deleted your sh*t post in the Eva Marie thread where you felt the need to publicly disassociate yourself and this community from the OP, but I guess not.

But you guys are right, this community isn't hostile and insular like it was 2-3 years ago with all those bad apples that are long gone now. No, it's much better now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jinder looks good with the strap in a suit. Corbin has nothing. And that fucking hair. Geez louise.

Corbin has good looking moves at least, Deep Six and End of Days look better than anything Jinder does.

4892dfbe74d925bd5ae99a92bb4404d560a047c0_hq.gif

NiftyBreakableHoiho.gif

Zach

There was no perseverance because there was no adversity. I was going to grade regardless of any internet enemies. It was for me, not you, you SOBs.

Note: I don't actually consider you an internet enemy, MC Safety. I hope we're still on speaking terms.

There was no perseverance because there was no adversity. I was going to grade regardless of any internet enemies. It was for me, not you, you SOBs.

Note: I don't actually consider you an internet enemy, MC Safety. I hope we're still on speaking terms.
B-

Zach

80 times was all it took for him
He has no more tries
No one seems to care too much for him
You can see it in his eyes

I love when Ishii's music starts, he's like a couple blocks away from the arena. He'll get that "Thank you for dying for us" title run, right? :'(

Rhaknar

live violin for Nak at Summerslam or not?

klonere

Banned
I love when Ishii's music starts, he's like a couple blocks away from the arena. He'll get that "Thank you for dying for us" title run, right? :'(

That's his gimmick at the moment. He said he wanted to have "an absence of thought", a sort of zen like state before every single one of his matches in the G1.

I mean maybe its clever commentary on concussions!

Ishii maybe has a IC title run in him, but it's not very likely imo. Incidentally, the best part of Ishii's theme is the random sitar solo in the middle, but it rarely gets that far during shows.

I think it's safe to say that YOSHI's gone as far as he can go. They managed to elevate Ishii well, and when they did it with Honma you always knew the ceiling wasn't very high, but with YOSHI I kinda feel like he's dropped the ball this year. And I say that as probably one of his biggest apologists, dude's just failed to capitalise on the momentum he had after last year's G1 and it's not for a lack of opportunities either.

Syder

I think it's safe to say that YOSHI's gone as far as he can go. They managed to elevate Ishii well, and when they did it with Honma you always knew the ceiling wasn't very high, but with YOSHI I kinda feel like he's dropped the ball this year. And I say that as probably one of his biggest apologists, dude's just failed to capitalise on the momentum he had after last year's G1 and it's not for a lack of opportunities either.
Has he had one compelling match this G1?

klonere

Banned
Ishii maybe has a IC title run in him, but it's not very likely imo. Incidentally, the best part of Ishii's theme is the random sitar solo in the middle, but it rarely gets that far during shows.

Tama has similarly failed to step up. As a man being positioned as the true Bullet Club leader, he is massively in Kenny's shadow in ring wise. Definitely does not feel like a legitimate contender to any belt or Kenny's leadership.

Top Bottom