• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Has he had one compelling match this G1?

The Ishii match wasn't bad, but no one ever bought him winning - same with the Tanahashi match. His NEVER title match with Suzuki earlier in the year had good heat, but it was Korakuen and easy for the crowd to get behind him. The Adam Cole match from Honor Rising was probably his best singles this year, tbh.

Tama has similarly failed to step up. As a man being positioned as the true Bullet Club leader, he is massively in Kenny's shadow in ring wise. Definitely does not feel like a legitimate contender to any belt or Kenny's leadership.

Agreed, feel like tag guy's about as good as it's going to get for him. His antics are fun, but the actual matches are largely forgettable.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Tonight on GWF's RAW IS RAW, superstar Sinatar takes the stage with information that he promises will shake the foundations of GWF to their very core!

giphy.gif

Hello NeoGAF. I come before you today to discuss something most disturbing. Something rotten at the core of this wrestling organization. You see on Monday Night a travesty took place. For those of you who didn't watch, please take a look at the Titantron.

giphy.gif

As you can clearly see, the ref stopped the 3 count *before* Serpentine even began to kick out. Clearly something is rotten in Denmark in this organization. So I started doing some digging into our illustrious commissioner and what I found truly shocked me. You are all familiar with Sephzilla, he not only runs the place but he's competed in the ring himself. He *claims* to be an officer of the law, not just an officer of the law but a robotic officer of the law, but after you see what I've found, you'll see he's nothing of the sort.

Ladies and gentlemen if you would please direct your attention once again to the Titantron.

giphy.gif

Oh yes ladies and gentlemen, you saw that right. Our commissioner, this supposed Robocop is nothing more then a common thief. A common thief who steals the food right out of mouths of children no less! This scum, this degenerate, this scofflaw must be stopped. So here and now I am issuing a formal challenge. If this scum has the guts, I challenge him to a table match at GFW 7 where I will put an end to his twisted unscrupulous behavior once and for all!

klonere

Banned
Tama has similarly failed to step up. As a man being positioned as the true Bullet Club leader, he is massively in Kenny's shadow in ring wise. Definitely does not feel like a legitimate contender to any belt or Kenny's leadership.

Well I got destroyed by last post

Bullet Club is in a weird place. Tama made some points about Kenny and his ties with the Young Bucks, but at the same time, he is the only one that can lead the Bullet Club at the moment.

Sometimes I think you guys actually believe the wrestling community on GAF literally encompasses only the people who post in the community thread. 80% of the people reading this community and on forums in general are just lurkers who never post. It's like thinking your friend list on Facebook is your actual friend list.

Friend, I live in North America and watch AJPW on a regular basis. I know how small a community we are.

Foggy

Tama and Yoshi are in their mid-30's so yeah, it's not looking good for a possible leap forward in their progression

Caderfix

When even OwenIsNow is able to see the issue and you are not, it is time to take a look at the mirror and rethink.

Accept it, Jinder is poopy.

It's garbo, but I lost 27 pounds. I'm literally .5 pounds from being under 200 for the first time in 5 years.

As for all the lurkers, my guess is everyone in this thread has X-Pac Heat with some random GAFfer with 0 posts and you'll never know about it.

Hey, if the weight loss makes you happy and healthy, good for you, friend. Just need to keep that shit sustainable.

For this, you have earned boss-looking Daisuke Sekimoto.
10sekisword.jpg

I remember talking with Keyser Soze in a thread months ago and he basically seemed to be under the impression that WrassleGAF was still the shithole it was a few years back, I actually tried to tell him it became a better place since then. So yeah, we're still riding that reputation from back then unfortunately :/

Nothing we can do except behave in this thread and rep it hard when we're in OT like the GRADE 1 CLIMAX thread, friend.

Wow, Ishii vs Makabe from Day 3 of the G1 is brutal. They beat the living shit out of each other, the lariat battle towards the end was mental. Awesome match.

Makabe has had a surprisingly great G1. I'm eating the shit I talked about Makabe when he and Goto main evented that night this G1.

Gave up on wrestling
for now
. I have even less to contribute now, so I decided to stop posting rather than keep talking about off-topic things in here.

Yo, brother! *shakes hand*

Wanna a slap?

💔

Welcome back, friend.

THEN.

NOW.

FOREVER.

Ishii maybe has a IC title run in him, but it's not very likely imo. Incidentally, the best part of Ishii's theme is the random sitar solo in the middle, but it rarely gets that far during shows.

I think it's safe to say that YOSHI's gone as far as he can go. They managed to elevate Ishii well, and when they did it with Honma your always knew the ceiling wasn't very high, but with YOSHI I kinda feel like he's dropped the ball this year. And I say that as probably one of his biggest apologists, dude's just failed to capitalise on the momentum he had after last year's G1 and it's not for a lack of opportunities either.

To be fair, YOSHI-HASHI's ceiling was probably NEVER Or Heavyweight tag. He does a lot of things well, but I can't pick a thing that he excels at. He's fine for the "out of intermission" match, but I have a hard time picturing him in semi-main or main.

Bullet Club is in a weird place. Tama made some points about Kenny and his ties with the Young Bucks, but at the same time, he is the only one that can lead the Bullet Club at the moment.

I'm sure they're trying to position Cody (or, in a long shot, Marty) as the leader.

Edit: fucking triple post. Y'all need to post more or faster.

Nonetheless, with three Old Fashioneds and no lunch in me, call me Triple H:
H4ruDIk.gif

Cody's so absent I can't see them doing this.

He might be the US branch leader but in Japan he's...a dude who got an IWGP shot and lost.

Still, he's the biggest name affiliated with the Bullet Club at this moment (and Jarrett doesn't count). If they do a split, I could see Omega vs. Cody as the match they'd run.

I'd like Stifftember but it might get us some odd looks from those who aren't down with the carny lingo.

Stifftember is, admittedly, a term built for misunderstanding.

Not going to lie, chronologically watching 96 WWF/WCW has been rather enjoyable. The hour long shows are perfect bite sized segments to get you into stuff. Also being older it's way easier to Shawn & Nash's 'we don't care' attitudes.

I think slightconfuse is also going to the EVOLVE/PROGRESS double shot next week, but, inebriated as I am, I must admit that I'm fucking pumped for running a 10k that morning and then watching both shows. I even earmarked some money to buy some shirts that I will probably never wear.

Go and enjoy the pro graps live, friends. Even if it's a dubious indy show with a poster worthy of Indy Postet Thursday, you'll probably have a good time.

Tjpfqtg.jpg

He also had his shot on the mic after Cena tried vouching for him with that dreadful "these four ropes" promo. Eventually Sheamus, of all people, had to save him.

I haven't forgotten how they mishandled Antonio Cesaro, Paul Herman Guy.

Thanks. My roommate had it for 5 days so It was inevitable that I got it I guess. Hopefully it clears up in 24 hours. My last three Jinders happened 20-25 mins apart. Hopefully it's slowing down. Haven't Mahaled in 2 hours.
This is what happens when you binge WWE.

Get well soon, half a man!!!

Oersted

Oh yeah, a new WWE Studios masterpiece is out

armed_poster.jpg

https://youtu.be/AK95sWGIQCs

Also starring Anne Heche and WWE Superstar Seth Rollins

As one would expect, the critics are in awe

There are some legitimately intriguing ideas explored in the film and, familiar though the concept of a newly-sentient AI may be to science fiction fans, it’s rarely explored in the action/horror/thriller realm. Unfortunately, although there’s an opportunity here to do something compelling, that opportunity is largely wasted. Perfunctory characterization, lackluster acting, an inability to sustain tension, and an incoherent ending waste most of the goodwill resulting from the premise.

http://www.reelviews.net/reelviews/armed-response

It’s a role beneath the former action icon, who only fleetingly gets to show off his hand-to-hand combat skills — a situation that also befalls WWE star Seth Rollins, here making his big-screen acting debut. Though nominal lead Annable puts in a bit more effort as the nonsensical Gabriel — who’s both a computer wizard and a badass soldier — he’s similarly squandered by a script (by Matt Savelloni) devoid of detail, depth or ingenuity. Consequently, the only reasonable response to the film is to follow the Temple’s lead and shut it off.

http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/armed-response-review-1202514816/amp/

The possibilities are intriguing, but the characters are underdrawn, and the pacing lags. (Endless time is spent looking at monitors.) There is a “final girl” of sorts — in horror movies, the perennial remaining woman confronting the antagonist — but we hardly know her. Most egregiously, “Armed Response,” whose producers include Mr. Snipes and Gene Simmons of Kiss, offers underwhelming gunplay and fisticuffs. And that prompts an indifferent response.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/08/...ew.html?referer=https://t.co/YnXXQmQuon?amp=1

Top Bottom