• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

GravyButt

I really wish w didn't have to see the same matches week after week and then again on the ppvs. Im starting to get burnt out to be honest.

somedevil

Chris Charlton has translated more on Takayama:

deeply sad update on Takayama 3 months post accident. Still paralysed from neck down. Conscious but unable to talk.

His wife has left their children with relatives over summer while she moved to Osaka to look after him. He's unable to eat or do anything.

Sakuraba is putting together a benefit show, ddt will be announcing something soon.

Very sad situation.

wonzo

Banned
Let me remind you all of one thing.

i9SYZzn.png

Luschient

Since Fire Pro still hasn't graced the ps4 with its presence, I broke out the raspberry pi today for some Revenge. Why the hell has nobody ever ripped these controls off, updated the graphics/roster, and released it for easy money? Does such a thing exist in the PC world? Shit was so much fun and one of our friends had never played it before but was still able to somewhat compete.

Since Fire Pro still hasn't graced the ps4 with its presence, I broke out the raspberry pi today for some Revenge. Why the hell has nobody ever ripped these controls off, updated the graphics/roster, and released it for easy money? Does such a thing exist in the PC world? Shit was so much fun and one of our friends had never played it before but was still able to somewhat compete.
I ask the same thing, but with the AKI engine.

Carnby

Loot boxes in general are fucking stupid.

Loot boxes, Funko pops, those godawful tees mashing up shit like Doctor Who or GoT with shit like the Walking Dead and Pokemon, all drizzling shite

I fucking hate "nerd culture". You can't even call it culture, it's just mass consumerism aimed towards dorks that would've been covered head-to-toe in Invader Zim crap if this were 2005.

Thank you for saying what needed to be said.

Loot boxes in general are fucking stupid.

Loot boxes, Funko pops, those godawful tees mashing up shit like Doctor Who or GoT with shit like the Walking Dead and Pokemon, all drizzling shite

I fucking hate "nerd culture". You can't even call it culture, it's just mass consumerism aimed towards dorks that would've been covered head-to-toe in Invader Zim crap if this were 2005.
*Bronx-Man chants*

Holy shit, Aiden English is getting nuclear heat in Ottawa.

Biggest reaction of the night.

Lol Ottawa is a shit crowd.

Btw folks whatever expectations you have for Jinder vs Nakamura (and I already expect none of y'all expect much) lower it... significantly cause yikes...

Also lol Jinder pinned Nak and there wasn't even a post match Kinshasa. Nak threw a Singh brother out of the ring and a punch kick combo to Jinder and then Nak a clotheslined Jinder to the outside and that was the post match face stands tall to send the crowd home happy spot.

It sucked.

So I haven't noticed this before, but they've gone back to Nakamura's old font.

No that's just his house show tron.

Regular tron is still the new font.

Lol what a mark crowd boo'd Nattie... they boo'd a Hart and cheered a Flair in Canada

Also Baron Corbin has new much shittier music... dunno if he's going to use it soon or not... it was bad.

Yo nerds

Apparently Demand Progress is carrying AAW shows now, everything from this year. Check out ZSJ/Elgin from 5/6/17 Take No Prisoners!

Haven't watched the archive yet but I was there and it was fuckin LIT

No annotations, so it starts at 1:58:36

Egg0

Banned
Also Baron Corbin has new much shittier music... dunno if he's going to use it soon or not... it was bad.

Oh no, does it have lyrics?

I just realized I don't really know what his current theme really sounds like because I'm distracted by his awkward ring walk.

Yo nerds

Apparently Demand Progress is carrying AAW shows now, everything from this year. Check out ZSJ/Elgin from 5/6/17 Take No Prisoners!

Haven't watched the archive yet but I was there and it was fuckin LIT

No annotations, so it starts at 1:58:36
Can confirm, match is fucking awesome

Not a big fan of the commentary team but highly recommended viewing friends

Foggy

Can confirm, match is fucking awesome

Not a big fan of the commentary team but highly recommended viewing friends

I'm definitely at the poimt where either the commentary should be great or I'd rather have nothing at all. Even mediocre commentary detracts from it.

I'm definitely at the poimt where either the commentary should be great or I'd rather have nothing at all. Even mediocre commentary detracts from it.
Yep

I like New Japan commentary because it's just added hype, may as well be someone screaming belligerently next to you at a show

I dig more play by play stuff but if the energy is off it can suck the impact out of the match

"Wow big move right there by _____, that's like *reference* am I right"

Top Bottom