• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

Lio is like 14 years old. I'm willing to give him time to figure stuff out. Assuming he lives long enough...

Same for Ospreay

Sephzilla

90 minute raws on hulu go by quick

I like the huge set and large crowd

I personally hate the huge sets for Raw and Smackdown. Big elaborate sets should be saved for PPVs. The bigger sets also diminish the wrestlers a bit in my opinion because the huge sets make them look average sized, and since the crowd is so far away from the wrestlers now you don't really get a sense for how big the wrestlers actually are compared to your average Joe. This is actually why I loved that the HHH/Ambrose Roadblock PPV used the house show set. When HHH walked out for his entrance he looked fucking huge compared to all of the audience members who were in the same camera shot as him. It was awesome. And don't get me started on how obnoxiously huge WrestleMania sets have gotten.

If WWE needs to save some budget they should scale back the sets back to more of an Attitude Era setup.

When WWE main roster entrances are regularly outshined by the developmental brand, I'm not sure that there's an argument that they are a big time production. The entrances at least.

When WWE main roster entrances are regularly outshined by the developmental brand, I'm not sure that there's an argument that they are a big time production. The entrances at least.

Easier to work with when you're in the same arena every time, it's also run by college students who have no problem getting incredibly creative when there really aren't any stakes/set-up to worry about

Shush old man, go look at a cow you non-millenial

I ate it

Raw64life

170px-Lio_Rush_with_Wired_belt.jpg

The belt unfolded is probably about the same size as him.

Easier to work with when you're in the same arena every time, it's also run by college students who have no problem getting incredibly creative when there really aren't any stakes/set-up to worry about

Most of the entrances I'm referencing didn't happen in Full Sail. Nakamura's entrances in Brooklyn and Toronto, Roode's entrances in Brooklyn and Toronto, Balor's entrances in London and Dallas, Asuka's entrance in Toronto, and many more. The Takeover arenas aren't the same every time, and those entrances are regularly more unique than the main roster ones.

Most of the entrances I'm referencing didn't happen in Full Sail. Nakamura's entrances in Brooklyn and Toronto, Roode's entrances in Brooklyn and Toronto, Balor's entrances in London and Dallas, Asuka's entrance in Toronto, and many more. The Takeover arenas aren't the same every time, and those entrances are regularly more unique than the main roster ones.

Oh you mean the super expensive ones that they don't do on the main roster because Kevin Dunn hates life

They were trying to pump up the Takeover shows as special, so did special entrances, now they've mostly stopped.

I personally hate the huge sets for Raw and Smackdown. Big elaborate sets should be saved for PPVs. The bigger sets also diminish the wrestlers a bit in my opinion because the huge sets make them look average sized, and since the crowd is so far away from the wrestlers now you don't really get a sense for how big the wrestlers actually are compared to your average Joe. This is actually why I loved that the HHH/Ambrose Roadblock PPV used the house show set. When HHH walked out for his entrance he looked fucking huge compared to all of the audience members who were in the same camera shot as him. It was awesome. And don't get me started on how obnoxiously huge WrestleMania sets have gotten.

If WWE needs to save some budget they should scale back the sets back to more of an Attitude Era setup.

Seph gets it

Once you begin to introduce larger than life sets, all the time, it begins to loose it's luster and diminish things.

Beefy

Seph gets it

Once you begin to introduce larger than life sets, all the time, it begins to loose it's luster and diminish things.

Not just that. WWE use the same set way too much, they don't even change it up for PPV's like they use to. So it all looks like a weekly show, apart from SS and Wrestlemania.

Asuka's Toronto entrance was literally just a cool visual of the petals falling from the ceiling. Not expensive at all, but still unique.

Every special entrance costs significantly more money by virtue of it requiring different production items besides the norm

RE: saving the set, they use the same set for everything because they own that thing 100% and get a ton of mileage out of it. Also makes things easier from a workflow perspective for the production team. The more varied the sets are, the more time you need to set up everything

Fox318

Wrestlers do not need fucking huge led screens to make it feel like an event.

Its Vince trying to show everyone he isn't at a bingo hall.

Sephzilla

Basically there's a lot of things that could both cut budget and also improve the production.

Reducing the size of sets would help a ton. Also, reducing WrestleMania set sizes so that you aren't losing a respectable percentage of possible attendance would help too

Mahonay

Banned
Basically there's a lot of things that could both cut budget and also improve the production.

Reducing the size of sets would help a ton. Also, reducing WrestleMania set sizes so that you aren't losing a respectable percentage of possible attendance would help too
But reducing the over-the-top sets would get them closer to actually having to evaluate their booking practices.

So, definitely not happening.

Sephzilla

Logically the things that would help WWE budget wise are all decisions that would push WWE back more towards being a normal wrestling program.

But Vince wants to distance himself from carny wrestling because he's still trying to prove to his dad that he can be a good businessman

yo that shit is GREAT

I don't give a damn about Game of Thrones but whew Westworld

Yeah man I always wanted to watch the show and finally carved some time to get it in, finished episode 7 last night. I kept on thinking what would happen if this world actually existed. It would be a nightmare.

Really loved it myself. I was disappointed when it was over.

Yeah, I bet. Any idea on when season 2 starts? Sometime in the fall?

Sephzilla

I think all the video screens will be the next big budget cut. That must be a total pain in the ass to set up, too.

--Labor costs for setting up taking it down
--Power costs for generators to power all of that shit
--Production costs for the people who make the graphics that go on all of those video screens
--Additional production costs simply to run them and sync them with music, etc.
--Transportation costs to move all of those things

WawE needs more video screens. A technodrome Wrestling ring

Yeah man I always wanted to watch the show and finally carved some time to get it in, finished episode 7 last night. I kept on thinking what would happen if this world actually existed. It would be a nightmare.

Yeah, I bet. Any idea on when season 2 starts? Sometime in the fall?

Season 2 is in 2018

Top Bottom