• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Tall4Life

Watching WM14 right now. Taka vs Aguila was actually a really fun match, no idea how it got a half star from Big Dick Meltz.

Also Rock just shat on the homeless

I'm still blocked by Corbin for announcing he was going to be in Camp WWE and posting this pic

zG9lb63.png

tchocky

Watching WM14 right now. Taka vs Aguila was actually a really fun match, no idea how it got a half star from Big Dick Meltz.

Also Rock just shat on the homeless

I liked that match at the time when I watched it as a teenager have not seen it since though. But Dave really hated it.

Dave Meltzer said:
There were great flying moves, but Aguila needs to go to wrestling school. Except for his amazing flying ability, he's worse than a lot of people in their first pro match. Luckily, this was just meant as an exhibition of spots, and it was that, but it paled in comparison with the worst Lucha matches in WCW. In between the high flying, Aguila showed he couldn't wrestle a lick with some of the most pathetic looking chops, punches, kicks and selling that you'd ever see, certainly on this level of a stage. But he did a running spinning tope that was mid blowing. It was way too much to expect putting a guy with less than one year of real experience, and that being almost nothing but lucha trios matches where he just did his flying spots and got out, to do an American style singles match at Wrestlemania, even limited to six minutes. Taka did about as good a job as possible of steadying the match, but it was a bad idea that couldn't be saved.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Stroman and Corbin could be champions in 2 weeks

Which would be interesting if they're champs going into Survivor Series and they do the Brand vs Brand tag match again.

Baron eliminated Braun from the Rumble which makes his power level just as high as Braun's. They never really had any other interaction since.

He's 'Blackheart' Lio, so he comes out with bodypaint like Finn (because of course he does) and stalks his way to the ring like a zombie...then wrestles exactly the same, except he now can take a shit-ton of damage now and that's OK, or something. Because he's 'blackheart'. Oh, and he wins with a pedigree and does HHH mannerisms, haha. What an original guy, definitely haven't seen that before from a newly signed WWE wrestler.

And yeah, Janela's immeasurably better in every aspect but athleticism. And it's not like WWE's lacking for overly-athletic guys at the moment, so would't be at all surprised to see Lio lost in the NXT/205 mix.

That said, I would be pumped if they made Lio Rush the NXT Zombie.

Barry. Y'know. Barry.

He does post here occasionally, perhaps all this Barry talk will summon him...

*waits for Barry*

Yup, I could even forgive that shit if the storyline's good enough - Ospreay kicking out of a burning hammer onto a chair, for instance. Totally egregious no-selling that I can see why someone might get annoyed about, but at that point in the match and in the story I didn't really care because I was too invested in the outcome. Perhaps the CZW crowd who've followed the whole thing are the same, but from that tepid crowd reaction and split opinions online post-show, I doubt it.

I still think that there's really no comparison there. Ospreay kicked out and stayed down, not acted like nothing happened

A Lio Rush/Enzo tag team on 205 Live.

Perfection.

I would laugh myself into tears if Enzo/Lio would do the "How you doin?" promo with Lio just no-sell dead faced staring into nowhere while Enzo was trying to hype the crowd.

Enzo - "You'ze a team of ball busters up here, like THE METS! How you doin? You know who else busts balls?"

Lio - *stares into distance*

Enzo - "How you doin!?"

Lio - *looks like he's dead with boredom*

Enzo - "How you doin?!?"

Lio - *puts his head down and walks back into the locker room*

Enzo - "Badaboom, deadest guy in the room!"

Stroman and Corbin could be champions in 2 weeks

People may hate it, but Corbin is an ok guy to have be champ in my eyes. He may not be the most gifted in the ring, but he's actual shit. Of course this doesn't mean shit since WWE has forgotten how to handle these kinds of things

That said, I would be pumped if they made Lio Rush the NXT Zombie.

Ok can some please explain the appeal of both Lio and Jannella. By all accounts it seems like either of them are nothing more than gimmicks.

I'm listening to the Lapsed Fan AWA WrestleRock. The Stan Hansen impression is making me laugh a lot.

After watching/listening to some AWA stuff I noticed Hogan saying Gagne's name in a promo with Macho 96 Raw and started shaking my head

Ok can some please explain the appeal of both Lio and Jannella. By all accounts it seems like either of them are nothing more than gimmicks.

Janella I only know of because he has a documentary already "Please Don't Die Joey Janella".

Other than "I let Danzig AA me off a roof into a truck/lighttubes", I don't think he's anything spectacular. He does seem like a genuinely nice dude though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"as soon as you feel that creep, you about to be put to sleep"

ew, why is that creep about to put me to sleep? :(

klonere

Banned
Does NJPW have English commentary

On big shows yes, they do. It's fine. They will have commentary for all the Sumo Hall G1 Finals shows coming up next weekend.

However, the Japanese commentary is almost as big a part of why NJPW is so compelling as the in-ring, production and crowds. Try it out at least once!

In addition to reports first released by the Wrestling Observer that Amore was kicked off the European Tour bus and forced to change outside the locker room, Sports Illustrated also learned that Amore is guilty of bringing a series of questionable guests into the locker room. The visitors broke locker room etiquette by filming and taking pictures of the wrestlers.

The hits keep on coming for Enzo.

cordy

Banned
Anybody remember the Temptations biopic where they had the picnic and Ruffin walked in a a heel with his goons? That's what this Enzo shit reminds me of. Dude just walked in the locker room in slow motion with goons lol.

Pikma

Banned
Austin Aries must have done some awful shit to piss off someone enough to get future endeavor'd if a guy like Enzo can do shit like that without getting fired on the spot.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
On big shows yes, they do. It's fine. They will have commentary for all the Sumo Hall G1 Finals shows coming up next weekend.

However, the Japanese commentary is almost as big a part of why NJPW is so compelling as the in-ring, production and crowds. Try it out at least once!

I'm trying but I haven't got a clue whats happening lol

I wonder how many people still think it's a work.

How to kill a baby face. So sad that she going miss her first SS

They killed her long before this. But this particular killing is out of their control.

Austin Aries must have done some awful shit to piss off someone enough to get future endeavor'd if a guy like Enzo can do shit like that without getting fired on the spot.

Enzo is a draw. Aries was not.

Top Bottom