• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

People complained about Sting vs Triple H at WM and that was one of the most dumb fun matches I've ever seen

everyone wants serious no storyline 5 star movez no sell meltzfests

You have to have a singularly macabre sense of humor to love that match. Or a total nostalgia mark like the rest of that stadium.

daemissary

Roman Reigns is a decent character now that he stopped being a ridiculous underdog

I've enjoyed everything about Roman's character since they've embraced him being a tweener after WM. They are basically trolling the so called smart marks now and giving Braun all of the actual babyface spots. It's the perfect way for him to be a heel because an actual heel turn would get him cheers.

Of course, in the back of my head I still fully expect Vince to revert him back to full blown babyface and his matches against most people that aren't A+ workers are usually slow and boring but it's an improvement.

Sephzilla

The Sting/HHH match was fun when you were in-the-moment but then your brain turned on and you immediately went "wait, that was fucking stupid"

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Man. Kota Ibushi was going to be on 205 Live. Fucking bullet dodged.

no he wasnt, beause he was never going to sign a contract. And if he ws, he would probably have gotten a "proper" contract like Nak, but he wasnt going to sign one so its a moot point.

You have to have a singularly macabre sense of humor to love that match. Or a total nostalgia mark like the rest of that stadium.

I never gave a shit about the NWO or Sting, but that match was the stupid spectacle it needed to be. So I guess I do have a macabre sense of humor.

I wish Triple H would have more spectacle matches than trying to have workhorse matches like the one against FRICKIN SETH ROLLINS

My new vest

W11336.jpg

That was the perfect match for Joe and Balor to run in for! Instead they didn't even get booked.

Either they wanted to save their WrestleMania debuts for a bigger moment, or they went "Everyone expects run-ins, so we're not going to have them to swerve folks." Probably the latter

cordy

Banned
Imagine if it's somebody like Reigns in the middle of the ring calling out an opponent and all of a sudden you see this at the entrance ramp

MScz8s8.gif

Now Reigns has to go along with it like the Temptations.

UberTag

Unlike Tanahashi, he's gonna get surgery. That's a six month recovery.

RIP Revival.
The Revival had a good run in NXT once upon a time. Shame they're done.
Double shame about all of the tag teams they've broken up to leave no one to replace them.

Perhaps the Miztourage will wind up getting more competitive in-ring action now.

Zach

Remember when I saw my dudes American Alpha go over The Revival in Dallas on The Greatest Night in the History of Our Sport?

What a time to be alive. Glad I never watched wrestling again after that night.

Top Bottom