• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Tonight is the night

iabFgJm.png

I would say he is better than he was when he got in.

Of course. He's out of surgery, but as Meltzer has said, it's still an extremely serious and fragile situation.

That some hack writers are getting overpaid to put on a carny shit "sports entertainment" show and waste a locker room full of talent?

More like "some (probably hack) writers are being overpaid to write Vince's ideas down into words"

Hex

Banned
We have still not seen any modern interaction with Braun and Brock so that is due (I am sure the WWE would like us to forget Brock stiffing the hell out of him and then giving him the tiger knee on the ropes) .

They could do a swerve and have Nia go over Banks, ideally because of Bayley which would set up two pairs of "friends" matches. I wonder if Bayley could pull off a condescending heel while pretending not to be the one doing wrong?

I think that is all my fucks for Raw.
Do not give a damn about Jason Jordan Angle.
Do not care about the Ambrose Rollins love fest

And I believe Breezango are Smackdown right?

maybe better then mcu but it isn't no spiderman 2 or mask of the phantasm that's for sure

Edit: Winter Soldier is a GOAT as well.
Yee yee. Don't care about Cap but Winter Soldier was my favorite hero movie until Logan came out. One of the best plain action movies of modern times (only to be hella overshadowed by Mad Max a year later)

Homecoming is better than Spiderman 2.

Spiderman 2 is overrated.
I don't think so.

I dug Homecoming (specifically the last stretch of it). I would've liked to see him be like.....less terrible at being Spiderman. I enjoyed the "do a flip Spiderman" stuff, would have liked more of that and less sneaking around on top of trucks and being terrible

Hex

Banned
maybe better then mcu but it isn't no spiderman 2 or mask of the phantasm that's for sure

Edit: Winter Soldier is a GOAT as well.

I kind of have to agree.
Winter Soldier is my measuring stick right now.
Logan was good, but it did not grab me but that is on me honestly and that is because I am Wolverined out.
If I go back and watch it in a while I will feel differently.

imBask

Banned
Marvel movies are cookie cutter copy-pasting bullshit, they're boring, unimaginative and take so little risk it fucking hurts

Winter Soldier is the last one that was recommended to me before I gave up, it was about as boring as every other marvel movie... which makes sense since THEY'RE ALL THE SAME MOVIE

I don't think so.

I dug Homecoming (specifically the last stretch of it). I would've liked to see him be like.....less terrible at being Spiderman. I enjoyed the "do a flip Spiderman" stuff, would have liked more of that and less sneaking around on top of trucks and being terrible

I just like the depiction of Spiderman more in Homecoming. I think that Holland is the best actor to play that role. He's damn sure better than Tobey was.

Spider-Man 2 to me is a great story that is failed by most of its cast (Molina is good). That's just my view of it though. I think the cast of Homecoming is great and pretty much everyone nails the role they are given.

Marvel movies are cookie cutter copy-pasting bullshit, they're boring, unimaginative and take so little risk it fucking hurts

Winter Soldier is the last one that was recommended to me before I gave up, it was about as boring as every other marvel movie... which makes sense since THEY'RE ALL THE SAME MOVIE
Get'im, boss.

I just like the depiction of Spiderman more in Homecoming. I think that Holland is the best actor to play that role. He's damn sure better than Tobey was.

Spider-Man 2 to me is a great story that is failed by most of its cast (Molina is good). That's just my view of it though. I think the cast of Homecoming is great and pretty much everyone nails the role they are given.
I agree Holland is much better as Spider-Man for sure. Hard to really debate

Everything else though, I have to give to 2 (and 1, honestly)

Also, The Winter Soldier is so good it makes all of their other movies worse. Self contained, good fight scenes, excellent score (mostly the theme), isn't spending half the time advertising future movies, and it's paced extremely well. I had no expectations for that movie, it came out at a time that I was getting sick of MCU stuff and didn't really care. Checked it out after reviews and loved it, saw multiple times in theaters. Everything I've seen since has been disappointing (especially Civil War, fuck that boring movie)

I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was cute. That's a Marvel, righ?

The ending was a bit too stupid for my liking but GotG is totally a Fun and Playful time that I would recommend.

Marvel movies are basically the Ubisoft open world games of cinema. Even though they are all made by different people, its hard not to see the same template they all use.

Marvel movies are diminishing returns but they're reliable fun, it's like when you get a good recurring main event feud.
Unfortunately their final acts are often the equivalent to finisher fests no matter the movie.

Hex

Banned
I like Marvel movies

hSFeX.gif

As a comic book fan since I was like 8 and sitting through really bad comic movies (Dolph as Punisher ..which I have a soft spot for, Disco Doctor Who, Trial of the Incredible Hulk with Daredevil and Thor) this is candy land for me.
Are they perfect?
Nope, but when I go to a movie I am there to lean back and enjoy the ride not pick things apart.
And so far none have made me want my money back. (Though Spider Man 3, I made my friend by food after for making me see it)
I do not go to a comic book movie expecting academy award contention.

Top Bottom