• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Draxal

Better her than Nia Jax.

Nah,

Here's the reason why I don't want her to win it.

Long term booking for when she gets promoted, as self contained stories in NXT are hurting NXT wrestlers a bit, gives her an instafued in the big show trying to do what she couldn't do in NXT.

Metlzer now using 6 more frequently kind of invalidates all of his previous scoring. Not that I give a fuck about how accurate it all is, but you kind of screw yourself when you break your scoring rubric.

MY9bS0F.jpg

TAKA & Taichi vs Hiromu & BUSHI in a 2/3 falls match! Proper looking forward to that. It's live on NJPW World, also.

Ember Moon as been "the one" to beat Asuka for over a year, at least some of us knew that was the inevitability, it got pushed back further than expected but it's where it's been going. I still wish more was done on the character front, do they still have promo classes, especially to help with delivery? What about vocal coaching? Because yeah, she's weak on the outside the ring stuff though I've seen her show more personality on the indies than she was in NXT. It still seems like they went the other way with whatever gimmick she was supposed to have besides being a nerd. Some of the shit is such an easy fix that it annoys me that they haven't done it.

I'm kind of expecting Asuka losing either off a Dusty finish with Asuka doing something cheap out of desperation to win again or even a blatant DQ even though that'd still screw up her "streak" only for Regal or Triple H or someone to force a restart only for Asuka to get caught with the Eclipse shortly after. Hopefully they get more time than the Takeover Orlando match and their match is the main event like it should be.

klonere

Banned
MY9bS0F.jpg

TAKA & Taichi vs Hiromu & BUSHI in a 2/3 falls match! Proper looking forward to that. It's live on NJPW World, also.

That should be a lot of fun!

I'm also looking forward to Taichi's match at the AJPW Sumo Hall show. So now I'm actively excited for two Taichi matches what is happening???

Transgender Dysphoria Blues might be one of my favorite albums, at least in terms of importance
Against me talk in this thread? Fuck yeah. They're my favorite band and the greatest show I ever watched was in 2011 in Gainesville when they played one of the final shows in this bar I can't remember the name of at this moment. It was fucking nuts, I was in front the whole time with my shirt completely soaked in sweat, had ringing in my ears from being on the speakers the whole time and to escape I had to stage dive and surf across people. Here's a pic with me next to Tom gable/Laura Jane grace
qvABnV5.jpg

TDB is an amazing album, easily top three from them. I didn't dig their newest CD at all sadly.

Aiii

So not worth it
A regular pencil, a fancy engraved pencil or an Apple Pencil?

I feel like the distinction is important here.

Corbin at least had that sweet clothesline at the Rumble spot, I don't think Cass has ever done anything cool.

Cass has a terrible look, his underpants are.... weird looking, and his his rat face and Test hair. So generic.

Why they're bothering with either when better talent is around I have no idea but as usual I gave up trying to figure out the WWE long ago.

Mahonay

Banned
lecture-hall-semicirc7rlc8.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to AMPD 4000 - The Worked Arts. I'm your Professor for this semester Hugh G. Mark, but you can call me Mark. I've handed out your course outlines so lets just take a look at the unit breakdown... Chapter 1 is the History of Carny Fake Sports in America, from humble beginning with Farmer Burns, to today's President of the United States. Chapter 2 is Working the Towns, where we break down how to work a town, and what the best drugs are to bring with you when driving from town to town. Chapter 3 is Working, where we'll actually be getting physical and doing some flips, we'll be covering facial expressions and selling during that unit as well. Chapter 4, oh yes a very important chapter, we'll be covering Shooting. I'll be teaching you some holds, some strikes, and the history of Japanese shoot style. And finally Chapter 5, which makes up the majority of the text, is Carny Lingo, where we'll cover everything from Kayfabe, Shoot, Gimmick, Color, Blade, Juice and much more.

The final exam will be worth 50 percent of your mark and is an essay question. The question will take into account all of the content we've learned this semester and is as follows: "What is the appropriate move to take, if any, should you encounter a jabroni mark with no life, who don't know it a work when you work a work and work themselves into a shoot, marks?"
tenor.gif

Zach

Against me talk in this thread? Fuck yeah. They're my favorite band and the greatest show I ever watched was in 2011 in Gainesville when they played one of the final shows in this bar I can't remember the name of at this moment. It was fucking nuts, I was in front the whole time with my shirt completely soaked in sweat, had ringing in my ears from being on the speakers the whole time and to escape I had to stage dive and surf across people. Here's a pic with me next to Tom gable/Laura Jane grace
qvABnV5.jpg

TDB is an amazing album, easily top three from them. I didn't dig their newest CD at all sadly.
The newest album was disappointing, but what can ya do? They're a lot of fun live, yeah. And I also have a picture with the band from probably around the same time! :O But it has my ex in it so it's dead to me.

(Just kidding. I just don't want to go find it. >_>)

Meltzer is speculating that WWE might change their tune on Bryan wrestling before his contract expires so that he doesn't leave and go somewhere else. He says he fully expects Bryan would stay in WWE if they let him wrestle.

How is Flair doing today?

No big updates. Still in critical condition.

Brinbe

Poor Yano. Deserves better. Doing comedy wrestling WELL is hard and he achieves it every time.

And Ishii continues to be the most underrated dude on the planet. He's at least good for a consistent 4-star against anyone.

ShadyK54

Not sure it was talked about, but reading the supposed reasoning for the shark cage on Sunday is both sad yet hilarious (albeit it's from the dirty sheets podcast via Sportskeeda, so take that for what you will).

Apparently they're capitalizing on Enzo's fears of heights to punish & make an example out of him lmao

Not sure it was talked about, but reading the supposed reasoning for the shark cage on Sunday is both sad yet hilarious (albeit it's from the dirty sheets podcast via Sportskeeda, so take that for what you will).

Apparently they're capitalizing on Enzo's fears of heights to punish & make an example out of him lmao

This is amazing. It seems like he deserves it, so I can't really badmouth them too much.

Top Bottom