• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Brinbe

Not sure it was talked about, but reading the supposed reasoning for the shark cage on Sunday is both sad yet hilarious (albeit it's from the dirty sheets podcast via Sportskeeda, so take that for what you will).

Apparently they're capitalizing on Enzo's fears of heights to punish & make an example out of him lmao

Carnies gonna carny. Fuck this company.

Not sure it was talked about, but reading the supposed reasoning for the shark cage on Sunday is both sad yet hilarious (albeit it's from the dirty sheets podcast via Sportskeeda, so take that for what you will).

Apparently they're capitalizing on Enzo's fears of heights to punish & make an example out of him lmao

Sportskeeda is like far and away the least reliable news source for wrestling.

That said I can totally buy that reasoning.

Against me talk in this thread? Fuck yeah. They're my favorite band and the greatest show I ever watched was in 2011 in Gainesville when they played one of the final shows in this bar I can't remember the name of at this moment. It was fucking nuts, I was in front the whole time with my shirt completely soaked in sweat, had ringing in my ears from being on the speakers the whole time and to escape I had to stage dive and surf across people. Here's a pic with me next to Tom gable/Laura Jane grace
qvABnV5.jpg

TDB is an amazing album, easily top three from them. I didn't dig their newest CD at all sadly.

That sounds awesome and I'm glad you had a great time!

(I liked the new album. In addition to being a neat change of pace for the band, it felt like a nice follow-up to TDB)

Meltzer is speculating that WWE might change their tune on Bryan wrestling before his contract expires so that he doesn't leave and go somewhere else. He says he fully expects Bryan would stay in WWE if they let him wrestle.

No big updates. Still in critical condition.

UGHHHHHH

Why do fans enable this shit.

Dave had my favorite description of Sanada today:

"He's a great worker. But no charisma. He's got a great look. He looks like he has charisma, but he really doesn't."

Foggy

Suzuki-gun vs. Young Lions - 2.5
GOD vs. SANADA/Bushi - 2.25
Kojima/Robinson vs. EVIL/Takahashi - 2.25
Taguchi Japan Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.5
Okada/Yano vs. Omega/Pimp - 2.25
Nagata vs. Fale - 4.25
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Makabe - 3.5
Ishii vs. Sabre Jr. - 4.25
Ibushi vs. Goto - 4.25
Tanahashi vs. Naito - 5

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 2.75
CHAOS vs. Bullet Club - 2.5
Suzuki-gun vs. Nagata/Makabe - 2
Bullet Club vs. Taguchi Japan Machine - 3.5
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Finlay vs. LIJ - 3.25
Juice vs. Elgin - 3.75
SANADA vs. Tonga - 3.75
Yano vs. Suzuki - 3
EVIL vs. Kojima - 4
Omega vs. Okada - 6

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 3.25
GOD vs. Dads - 1
CHAOS vs. Makabe/Finlay - 2.5
Bread Club vs. Bullet Club - 2.25
The Young Bucks vs. Taguchi Japan - 4.25
War Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.75
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun - 3.5
CHAOS vs. LIJ - 3.5
Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito - 5.75

giphy.gif

Draxal

Dave had my favorite description of Sanada today:

"He's a great worker. But no charisma. He's got a great look. He looks like he has charisma, but he really doesn't."

Stables do a good job of protecting people with bad charisma, I still think Vince's crusade against stables is the dumbest thing ever.

That being said, I'm not a fan of Sanity at all.

Fox318

Even if Bryan didn't want to wrestle this is smart.

His value goes up and WWE will have to pay more to keep him away from ROH

Hex

Banned
What does Dave have against Yano anyway? Yano was one of my favorite dudes in this tournament, he usually is.

Dave is rating wrestling and pacing as well as the build of a match.
I love Yano and think that nobody could pull off things he does so sincerely to get the reactions he does but in a "wrestling rating it won't be there.
Like most comic movies or comedies or even horror movies around Oscar time, they are rated differently

If you wanna support NJPW and help it grow in the US then sign up for NJPW World. A company isn't going to take the time and effort to internationalize their stuff if the markets aren't there.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you wanna support NJPW and help it grow in the US then sign up for NJPW World. A company isn't going to take the time and effort to internationalize their stuff if the markets aren't there.

A company can't make the claim that they're going to expand into other territories while running their 'english website' out of google translate

It's on NJPW to make their site more accessible to non-Japanese speakers if they want to grow, it's not on the fans to give them money and 'hope' they do be better.

A company can't make the claim that they're going to expand into other territories while running their 'english website' out of google translate

It's on NJPW to make their site more accessible to non-Japanese speakers if they want to grow, it's not on the fans to give them money and 'hope' they do be better.

Yeah.

I mean, hell, even Stardom does a way better job at translating their content.

Yes and no. They have a slightly translated version of the site, but they probably don't have enough daily users/subs to justify fully translating the site. I will agree that if they want US market they need to do better (more than the FireTV app too) and should be ahead of this, but who knows what the actual subscriber numbers are.

Top Bottom