• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

cordy

Banned
The fact they're letting a homeboy roll out there with the image of a lit red cup in NXT is astounding. I love Street Profits. They're like a wrestling version of Desus & Mero.

Roman's thoughts on his post-WM "this is my yard now" promo.
I could’ve stayed out there for another 20 minutes. We had other segments and other brothers that had to go out there and do their work. But the whole time, I was looking at every different cameraman and they’re all telling me to 'go home' and that signal is just one finger doing a little circle, saying 'wrap it up, take it home, let’s go,' and I sat there and looked at cameramen doing that for five to 10 minutes and I knew we were getting pretty deep into that Seg One and we’re about pretty much cross over into Seg 2 and Seg 3 and I felt bad because there were guys, I think it was one of the Hardy Boyz against Sheamus or Cesar, and I did feel bad because I did eat into their match, but there was that electricity out there and you don’t leave the table when you’re on the heater."

Honestly I'm ok with cocky Reigns.
Imagine Cena caring about eating up someone else's camera time...

That fan with the "Wrestling is an Art" poster. 🖒

giphy.gif

Anth0ny

lecture-hall-semicirc7rlc8.jpg

Hello everyone and welcome to AMPD 4000 - The Worked Arts. I'm your Professor for this semester Hugh G. Mark, but you can call me Mark. I've handed out your course outlines so lets just take a look at the unit breakdown... Chapter 1 is the History of Carny Fake Sports in America, from humble beginning with Farmer Burns, to today's President of the United States. Chapter 2 is Working the Towns, where we break down how to work a town, and what the best drugs are to bring with you when driving from town to town. Chapter 3 is Working, where we'll actually be getting physical and doing some flips, we'll be covering facial expressions and selling during that unit as well. Chapter 4, oh yes a very important chapter, we'll be covering Shooting. I'll be teaching you some holds, some strikes, and the history of Japanese shoot style. And finally Chapter 5, which makes up the majority of the text, is Carny Lingo, where we'll cover everything from Kayfabe, Shoot, Gimmick, Color, Blade, Juice and much more.

The final exam will be worth 50 percent of your mark and is an essay question. The question will take into account all of the content we've learned this semester and is as follows: "What is the appropriate move to take, if any, should you encounter a jabroni mark with no life, who don't know it a work when you work a work and work themselves into a shoot, marks?"

Hello everyone and welcome to AMPD 4000 - The Worked Arts. I'm your Professor for this semester Hugh G. Mark, but you can call me Mark. I've handed out your course outlines so lets just take a look at the unit breakdown... Chapter 1 is the History of Carny Fake Sports in America, from humble beginning with Farmer Burns, to today's President of the United States. Chapter 2 is Working the Towns, where we break down how to work a town, and what the best drugs are to bring with you when driving from town to town. Chapter 3 is Working, where we'll actually be getting physical and doing some flips, we'll be covering facial expressions and selling during that unit as well. Chapter 4, oh yes a very important chapter, we'll be covering Shooting. I'll be teaching you some holds, some strikes, and the history of Japanese shoot style. And finally Chapter 5, which makes up the majority of the text, is Carny Lingo, where we'll cover everything from Kayfabe, Shoot, Gimmick, Color, Blade, Juice and much more.

The final exam will be worth 50 percent of your mark and is an essay question. The question will take into account all of the content we've learned this semester and is as follows: "What is the appropriate move to take, if any, should you encounter a jabroni mark with no life, who don't know it a work when you work a work and work themselves into a shoot, marks?"
I'm slashing your tires after class.

Anth0ny is Wrasslegaf's A + Player.

Lmao

Pikma

Banned

How much for an A+ grade

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Corbin looks to the side like 3 times to see if Cena was in position when he was cashing in, it was so awkward. It's little things like that which show you are not very good or at least you are very green.

And im a semi-Corbin fan as most know :/

Anth0ny

How much for a ****** grade

I heard the only way to get a 6 Star Rating is if I take a class in Japan. Is that true?

1. You need work rate
2. You need to cut money promos
3. You need psychology
4. You need to go broadway
5. You need to draw a large gate
6. You need to be willing to give it all for THIS BUSINESS, including, but not limited to, landing on your neck 3 times in one match

Simple as that, class.

1. You need work rate
3. You need psychology
6. You need to be willing to give it all for THIS BUSINESS, including, but not limited to, landing on your neck 3 times in one match

Simple as that, class.

What is the word limit? -10%/+10%?

Dude I don't have time for a 5 year degree program that will be useless as soon as I graduate.

1. You need work rate
3. You need psychology

Simple as that, class.
Basically be Austin, Cena or HBK student.

If i don't get an A, can superkick him to a
stunner?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ember Moon isn't winning the title right?

HHH would be stupid to have her be the one to give Asuka her first loss.

The only options are

1) Ember wins
2) Asuka is in NXT forever

They already had Cross lose like 3 times.

Suzuki-gun vs. Young Lions - 2.5
GOD vs. SANADA/Bushi - 2.25
Kojima/Robinson vs. EVIL/Takahashi - 2.25
Taguchi Japan Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.5
Okada/Yano vs. Omega/Pimp - 2.25
Nagata vs. Fale - 4.25
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Makabe - 3.5
Ishii vs. Sabre Jr. - 4.25
Ibushi vs. Goto - 4.25
Tanahashi vs. Naito - 5

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 2.75
CHAOS vs. Bullet Club - 2.5
Suzuki-gun vs. Nagata/Makabe - 2
Bullet Club vs. Taguchi Japan Machine - 3.5
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Finlay vs. LIJ - 3.25
Juice vs. Elgin - 3.75
SANADA vs. Tonga - 3.75
Yano vs. Suzuki - 3
EVIL vs. Kojima - 4
Omega vs. Okada - 6

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 3.25
GOD vs. Dads - 1
CHAOS vs. Makabe/Finlay - 2.5
Bread Club vs. Bullet Club - 2.25
The Young Bucks vs. Taguchi Japan - 4.25
War Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.75
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun - 3.5
CHAOS vs. LIJ - 3.5
Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito - 5.75

giphy.gif

Suzuki-gun vs. Young Lions - 2.5
GOD vs. SANADA/Bushi - 2.25
Kojima/Robinson vs. EVIL/Takahashi - 2.25
Taguchi Japan Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.5
Okada/Yano vs. Omega/Pimp - 2.25
Nagata vs. Fale - 4.25
YOSHI-HASHI vs. Makabe - 3.5
Ishii vs. Sabre Jr. - 4.25
Ibushi vs. Goto - 4.25
Tanahashi vs. Naito - 5

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 2.75
CHAOS vs. Bullet Club - 2.5
Suzuki-gun vs. Nagata/Makabe - 2
Bullet Club vs. Taguchi Japan Machine - 3.5
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Finlay vs. LIJ - 3.25
Juice vs. Elgin - 3.75
SANADA vs. Tonga - 3.75
Yano vs. Suzuki - 3
EVIL vs. Kojima - 4
Omega vs. Okada - 6

Suzuki-gun vs. Seiki-gun - 3.25
GOD vs. Dads - 1
CHAOS vs. Makabe/Finlay - 2.5
Bread Club vs. Bullet Club - 2.25
The Young Bucks vs. Taguchi Japan - 4.25
War Machine vs. Bullet Club - 3.75
Tanahashi/Ibushi/Elgin vs. Suzuki-gun - 3.5
CHAOS vs. LIJ - 3.5
Kenny Omega vs. Tetsuya Naito - 5.75

giphy.gif

Interesting I'd have gone 6 for Naito/Omega

That said Omega pulled off 2 over 5* matches in 24 hours... best wrestler in the world

And yeah Omega/Okada is the clear greatest trilogy of all time.

Lol Meltz made a star ratings chart to track each G1 wrestler's number of 3-3.75 4 and 4.25 star matches and then gave the average rating.

For B block he gave a Non Yano average.

Kenny goes from 4.08 with Yano (middle ofbthe packt to 4.42 non Yano (best average of the tournament)

Oh fuck off Meltzer. It's becoming a meme at this point. Also Naito/Tanahashi and Naito/Omega was better than Omega/Okada 3

Naito/Tanahashi absolutely was not.

As for Naito/Omega being 5.75 instead of 6, he explained his reasonings for: it comes down to Okada/Omega III wasn't as dangerous and felt it was a better athletically.

Meltzer says he thinks Corbin will still be fine in the eyes of the company as long as he has a good match with Cena on Sunday. If not, things could go worse.

Top Bottom