• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

I saw photos of that.

Shit, I'll send you some if you want to see more, haha.

It was basically :

- Tommy came out to say 'You guys all came without me posting a card, I love you" (which I still don't agree with, but that's me.)
- Tommy welcomed back his youngest protege Joey Whatever, but you know him as Joey Mercury
- Mercury comes out, thanks Tommy for teaching him, thanks everyone for another chance.
- Mercury does the stupid turn everyone saw coming and threw Dreamer outside the ring, then threw Dreamer into the ring post.
- Dreamer's head is now cut open, gets beat down more, 'State' commissioner comes out and says there's blood and the fight is over.

It was about 10 min of promo and 30 seconds of 'match'

Not to bring things down, but I had nightmares last night. Family members have had medical issues and it manifested in my dreams. It was all pretty bleak. But overall everyone is ok.

Dreams are supposed to help you feel refreshed, not these though.

I know the feeling from personal experience, friend. But I believe even bad dreams can be preparing and helping us to be able to deal with things.

Anyway, not to bring the thread down...let's talk about Tommy Dreamer!

Didn't Tommy Dreamer want to get shoot shot by a sniper at a show one time? And Funk talked him out of it.

Actually Tommy has all sorts of crazy stories/myths about him. Like the time his mob family showed up to a show and not realizing it was fake was ready to wack the heel that came at him after a show. Luckily they were smartened up before it went down.

Raw64life

I was at the HOH show last week. Never been in the ECW arena before. Never realized how small that place is. And the ring looked tiny. Show wasn't bad though.

Shit, I'll send you some if you want to see more, haha.

It was basically :

- Tommy came out to say 'You guys all came without me posting a card, I love you" (which I still don't agree with, but that's me.)
- Tommy welcomed back his youngest protege Joey Whatever, but you know him as Joey Mercury
- Mercury comes out, thanks Tommy for teaching him, thanks everyone for another chance.
- Mercury does the stupid turn everyone saw coming and threw Dreamer outside the ring, then threw Dreamer into the ring post.
- Dreamer's head is now cut open, gets beat down more, 'State' commissioner comes out and says there's blood and the fight is over.

It was about 10 min of promo and 30 seconds of 'match'
Nice.

Zach

iYfcNoh.jpg

I was at the HOH show last week. Never been in the ECW arena before. Never realized how small that place is. And the ring looked tiny. Show wasn't bad though.

They actually had less chairs in there for this one than they usually do. I've seen a bunch of HOH and ROH in that arena, and it was the most space I've ever had for sitting.

I told my friend the ring looked extra small too and he thought I was full of shit, but I swear to god the ring usually isn't that small in general.

Menome

I'm proud of myself. I've just walked away from an argument on Twitter with a TotalBiscuit apologist before it even got started. Don't have time for that shit these days, especially when he tags TB himself in to try and start the dogpiling that "doesn't exist".

It's small-fry stuff, but it's peace-of-mind stuff at the end of the day.

Raw64life

Just watched the G1 final on dailymotion. I wasn't impressed compared to wwe really.

BFgX2U8.gif

The whole production is amateureish. WWE does just as many impressive spots but the matches are more compact.

This video does a better job than I can of explaining why I couldn't disagree more.

Marvel still doing the J O B to DBZ

Buying a fighting game at launch is one of the dumbest thing you can do these days.

Zach

The whole production is amateureish. WWE does just as many impressive spots but the matches are more compact.

Whoa whoa whoa. If we're talking production, I'll take most anything over WWE's soullessly slick, zoomy-zoom shakycam. And JBL is doing commentary and stuff. Ugh. Gimme that New Japan, even with that widely-panned English commentary.

I completely disagree. NJPW's production is exactly what it needs to be. NJPW is focused on the wrestling, WWE is not. That's why you see more production in other areas of WWE stuff.

Honestly, I'd recommend just watching some more NJPW stuff and see if you can come to appreciate it for what it is. The difference is definitely jarring if you're coming from a WWE-exclusive background. They post free matches pretty frequently.

Tall4Life

Whoa whoa whoa. If we're talking production, I'll take most anything over WWE's soullessly slick, zoomy-zoom shakycam. And JBL is doing commentary and stuff. Ugh. Gimme that New Japan, even with that widely-panned English commentary.

Why would you watch NJPW with English commentary when you can have the GOAT Japanese commentary

Menome

I trust Half a Moon to know what they like, regardless of a dozen condescending posts afterwards. If that's WWE-style, then that's WWE-style.

I'm racking my brain trying to think of the last few impressive WWE spots I've seen that haven't been Randy Orton murdering a Singh Bro.

Edit: I guess this one too

cena-nakamura-head-drop-reverse-angle.gif

Anth0ny

half a moon speaks for the average fan. he's used to and prefers main event style. it's why mcmahon's promotion does the things it does.

Zach

Why would you watch NJPW with English commentary when you can have the GOAT Japanese commentary

Because I couldn't have the GOAT Japanese commentary, as I was watching it via AXS TV trial membership thing.

I trust Half a Moon to know what they like, regardless of a dozen condescending posts afterwards. If that's WWE-style, then that's WWE-style.

Get 'em, Menome.

Top Bottom