• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Browny

Banned
The best dropkick in wrestling.

giphy.gif

When his feet are in kenny's face, his head is well above that. It's incredible.
That vertical leap is amazing.

Honourable mentions for drop kicks:
AJ
Bob Holly
Ziggler iirc
Big Show

Zach

How much does it cost to take a train to the New Japan dojo?

(From Tulsa, OK.)

((Thank you, mathmen.))

(((Soros.)))

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/08...-6-changes-that-create-a-more-realistic-match

Another new feature added, meant to enhance both gameplay and story, is the notion of the quick pin - the idea that one player can land a schoolboy roll-up or a crucifix-style leverage pin, ending a bout quickly, just like the matches on TV sometimes. To aid this, there are now 12 different new match interference scenarios - from run-ins to walk-ins to just entrance music blaring - that will create a targeted distraction and open up a quick pin window. After the bell, the loser, still with full energy, will then have the option of beating down whoever it was that just scored the "fluke win."

in my universe, every match will end in a distraction finish

Alright RassleGAFers, I just decided to become a NJPW World subscriber. Can I skip right to the end of the G1 Climax? Because that's a whole lotta show.

Also, any recommendations are appreciated.

You can, but there are other great matches.

Night one

Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Zack Sabre Jr
Tetsuya Naito vs Kota Ibushi

Night two

Minoru Suzuki vs Kenny Omega

Night three

Hirooki Goto vs Yuji Nagata
Tomohiro Ishii vs Togi Makabe
Zack Sabre Jr vs Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito vs YOSHI-HASHI
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Bad Luck Fale

Night four

Kazuchika Okada vs Michael Elgin

Night five

Yuji Nagata vs Hiroshi Tanahashi
Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii

Night six

Kenny Omega vs Toru Yano (comedy match)
Seiya Sanada vs Kazuchika Okada

Night seven

Togi Makabe vs Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito vs Yuji Nagata

Night eight

Kazuchika Okada vs Satoshi Kojima
Kenny Omega vs Michael Elgin

Night nine

Tetsuya Naito vs Tomohiro Ishii

Night ten

Minoru Suzuki vs Tama Tonga

Night eleven

Tomohiro Ishii vs Yuji Nagata
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Kota Ibushi

Night twelve

Kenny Omega vs Evil

Night thirteen

Yuji Nagata vs Kota Ibushi
Tetsuya Naito vs Zack Sabre Jr

Night fourteen

Kenny Omega vs Juice Robinson
Evil vs Kazuchika Okada

Night fifteen

Yuji Nagata vs Zack Sabre Jr
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tomohiro Ishii

Night sixteen

Kazuchika Okada vs Minoru Suzuki

Night seventeen

Bad Luck Fale vs Yuji Nagata (if you want to see Nagata's last ever g1 match)
Zack Sabre Jr vs Tomohiro Ishii
Hiroshi Tanahashi vs Tetsuya Naito

Night eighteen

Kenny Omega vs Kazuchika Okada

Night nineteen

Funky Future vs Young Bucks
Tetsuya Naito vs Kenny Omega

Bolded are must sees. I've skipped a lot of very good matches (as there are SO MANY in this tournie), and the tag matches which build story for the one on one matches as that would take an insane amount of time to watch.

Also to put this in its proper context, you should watch this years Wrestle kingdom and Dominion shows first.

Hex

Banned
Yeah from a 2009 show under the old ownership. They took it down when the NWA found out and told them to get rid of it.

Leave it to GAF to pull up something close to 10 years old and toss it out there for a reaction with no context.
Bravo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah from a 2009 show under the old ownership. They took it down when the NWA found out and told them to get rid of it.

You can protest that poster by not buying WWE2K18 since Yuke's owned NJPW at the time. They were still making bad WWE games at the time, but I think there were a couple of random NJPW/AJPW games they made modified off whatever PS2 engine they were using at the time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pSOUM_0f00

Hasney

No, I'll have it bought for me because it comes out around my birthday and OHHH YOH LIKE WRASSLIN AND VIDEO GAMES? HERE IS THE PERFECT GIFT!!

At least my gf buys me some good whiskey so I can get wankered on it while seeing how little has changed in Universe again.

Alucard

Banned
There's no actual reason to feel happy about wrestling doing bad in America. It's not opening some door for New Japan Pro Wrestling. It means wrestling is rapidly becoming even more niche and lame in the mainstream.

It kind of deserves it, especially with Vince not being able to evolve his product.

Top Bottom