• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Luschient

David Penzer teased a surprise appearance for tonight's Impact. For what it's worth, last night's Observer: "There have been talks to bring back
Jim Cornette
as a television character."

As much as I enjoy Cornette, please no. I'd rather listen to him spout off on YT about the "good ole days" and politics. Would also be surprised if they wanted him back, he's talked loads of shit about them.

Hex

Banned
Wait, so I just watched the Fashion Peaks from this week and it says that Breezango return in TWO weeks?
No no resolution at Summer Slam or the show after?

Isn't that Taka / Taichi vs Ibushi and Takahashi before that?

Wait, so I just watched the Fashion Peaks from this week and it says that Breezango return in TWO weeks?

They are living the gimmick. There has been twice now where we had to wait 2 weeks for a new episode of Twin Peaks.

This kind of lines up with the suggestion here that it's a reveal for Sanity

Tom Nook

Bold = who I want to win; Underline = WWE's booking to win.

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns vs. Samoa Joe vs. Braun Strowman (Fatal 4-Way Match)

WWE Champion Jinder Mahal vs. Shinsuke Nakamura

John Cena vs. Baron Corbin

United States Champion AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens (Shane McMahon as special guest referee)

Raw Tag Team Champions Cesaro & Sheamus vs. Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins

Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks

SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi vs. Natalya

Carmella cashes in and is the new Women's Champ.

SmackDown Tag Team Champions The New Day vs. The Usos (SummerSlam Kickoff Match)

Randy Orton vs. Rusev

Big Show vs. Big Cass (with Enzo Amore suspended above the ring in a Shark Cage)

"The Demon" Finn Bálor vs. Bray Wyatt

WWE Cruiserweight Champion Akira Tozawa vs. Neville (Kickoff Match)

Haven't kept up with NXT, but isn't Sanity like a Wyatt Family like stable or are they more jokey? Having them be the ones to dunk on a comedic tag team would be.... weird.

Not really. Their gimmick is that they cause chaos. They've gone after more comedic/light hearted characters in the past like No Way Jose. They don't have to actually be involved in the skits. They can just show up and lay out Breezango, squash them, and immediately be established.

Tom Nook

NXT Championship Match
Bobby Roode (c) vs. Drew McIntyre

continues this feud with Stong interference.

NXT Women's Championship Match
Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon

Personally, I want Asuka still be champ coming to the main roster.

NXT Tag Team Championship Match
The Authors of Pain (c) vs. SAnitY

Reveals that Sanity was responsible for trashing Fashion Police.

Aleister Black vs. Hideo Itami

Itami goes to the main roster.

Johnny Gargano vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas

NXT Championship Match

Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon

I disagree on Roode. I think the whole point of Roddy making it clear he was going after Roode and not the title was so they can have Drew win and spin Roddy and Roode out into a separate one-on-one thing.

kiguel182

Haven't seen Suzuki v Okada. I didn't watch some of the last nights and I'm still not caught up.

Road to Destruction on the 7th & 9th of september
Destruction shows in:
Fukushima on the 10th of september
Hiroshima on the 16th of september
Kobe on the 24th of september

Is that a tournament too? I don't know how matches get announced and stuff since there's no weekly show!

when asuka vs ember doesn't main event and asuka doesn't have face paint

tenor.gif

I hope AJ vs KO is good next time around. The past two times, the two didn't really seem to click and I have no clue if it's because they're holding out for Sunday or what.

The finish is very likely going to play around one of them accidentally hitting Shane, which probably causes him to throw a match on a DQ or at the very least Shane screws one of them out of a victory.
Probably KO if the HIAC rumors are right.

Haven't seen Suzuki v Okada. I didn't watch some of the last nights and I'm still not caught up.

Is that a tournament too? I don't know how matches get announced and stuff since there's no weekly show!

Nah not a tournament. The Road to... shows are sort of like house shows that often set up storylines heading into the main PPVs. There are 3 Destruction PPVs. After that the next PPV will be King of Pro Wrestling.

These shows often get used for defences and challenges following G1. Like, Elgin and Juice both beat Omega in the G1 so they both earned a title shot. These could be at Destruction shows or KOPW.

I think they want Omega vs Juice for an ROH show in America though.

I hope AJ vs KO is good next time around. The past two times, the two didn't really seem to click and I have no clue if it's because they're holding out for Sunday or what.

The finish is very likely going to play around one of them accidentally hitting Shane, which probably causes him to throw a match on a DQ or at the very least Shane screws one of them out of a victory.
Probably KO if the HIAC rumors are right.

Actually I think it'll be AJ winning mostly clean (maybe like a slight altercation with Shane but nothing major), but KO, being the heel, gets upset irrationally and attacks Shane anyways.

Actually I think it'll be AJ winning mostly clean (maybe like a slight altercation with Shane but nothing major), but KO, being the heel, gets upset irrationally and attacks Shane anyways.
Maybe. I'm just wondering since they've made a point of how both KO and AJ have hit Shane accidentally and Shane has the final call on things.

Andrade is doing the job yet again

It's really a match they shouldn't have booked, because both need a win. Andrade because he never wins and needs to establish that his latest persona is different. Gargano because he's just starting his singles run.

Ultimately I think Andrade needs it more.

kiguel182

Nah not a tournament. The Road to... shows are sort of like house shows that often set up storylines heading into the main PPVs. There are 3 Destruction PPVs. After that the next PPV will be King of Pro Wrestling.

These shows often get used for defences and challenges following G1. Like, Elgin and Juice both beat Omega in the G1 so they both earned a title shot. These could be at Destruction shows or KOPW.

Hmm, cool. Can't wait!

Do we know it there will be English commentary?

Yeah, but it's not a NJPW show, it's a Taka show that they're streaming.

You need to, one of my favourite matches of the year.

no, it's a series of house shows with tag matches where the tag main events will each have a guy who is either the champ or the challenger for the big show that they're leading up to.

https://www.njpw1972.com/schedule/

The three big shows (Fukushima, Kobe, Hiroshima) will probably all have title matches. I suspect one of them will be headlined by the IC title, one with the IWGP title, and one with either the Jr HW title or the NEVER openweight title.

Matches are generally made off of losses in previous matches. Anyone who beat a champion during G1 has a good chance of getting a title shot (except where one champ beat another).

Sometimes just beating a champ during one of the tag matches is enough, as normally the non-pushed guys eat the pins (like gedo normally takes okada's teams losses)

Hex

Banned

I have been hearing that Chicago will be Juice v Omega, since he was born in IL and they want to use that to build him more

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
NXT Championship Match

Asuka (c) vs. Ember Moon

That main title picture is dire. They need to actually put Black in there since he's the only dude they've got that obviously looks like a main roster star. Meltzer has a big boner for McIntyre but he does absolutely nothing for me, because he was in 3MB.

That main title picture is dire. They need to actually put Black in there since he's the only dude they've got that obviously looks like a main roster star. Meltzer has a big boner for McIntyre but he does absolutely nothing for me, because he was in 3MB.

At some point you have to be able to look past that. I mean hell, at the same time he was doing that, AJ was in wacky TNA storylines. And at the same time, Juice Robinson was carrying an anchor of a gimmick in NXT. You have to be able to delineate the different points of guys' careers.

I wonder if he'll go back to CMLL when his contract is done

He might, but it's also likely he gets to the main roster before then and starts making more money than he would anywhere else. For most guys, that's enough.

Hex

Banned

We should hopefully also get a ringside of ADAM COLE BAY BAY

I wasn't familiar with Drew before, my first exposure to him was at an AAW show in march and I thought he was fucking awesome

Dude just destroyed an indie flippy dude (DJZ), launching him across the ring, threw him into a wall. And he's fast enough to be exciting beyond power moves. Drew rules

Top Bottom