• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

People have to reconcile which is the better option between the current Hardyz and the Hardyz broken gimmick filtered through WWE creative.

Metlzer now using 6 more frequently kind of invalidates all of his previous scoring. Not that I give a fuck about how accurate it all is, but you kind of screw yourself when you break your scoring rubric.

Not really Omega/Okada Trilogy were basically the 3 best matches ever and Naito/Omega is just right behind.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Joey Mercury looking real jacked baby

DHFJMXg.jpg

Anth0ny

Metlzer now using 6 more frequently kind of invalidates all of his previous scoring. Not that I give a fuck about how accurate it all is, but you kind of screw yourself when you break your scoring rubric.

Give it time. If Omega and Okada continue on this legendary run and this NJPW 2017 work rate stays at this level, it's going to become the new normal. If Omega/Okada-tier matches become the new 5 star match, then the standards are just raised and even getting a 4 star match becomes a lot harder for people who aren't top tier New Japan talent.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Every year is Orton's worst year

Orton isn't even comically bad, he's just nothing. He's the nothing wrestler. There's nothing interesting about him positively or negatively.

These are the main points:

The "Big 4" as it were are WK in January, Sakura Genesis in April, Dominion in June, and King of Pro Wrestling in October.

The New Japan Cup takes place in March and the winner can challenge for any singles title the following month.

The Best of the Super Juniors takes place in May/June, with the winner getting a Junior Heavyweight title shot at Dominion.

The G1 is July/August.

The annual Tag Team Tournament is November/December, with the winner getting a Heavyweight Tag Title shot at WK.

Off months like February, September, and early May typically have smaller shows that still have title matches, but aren't as hyped.

There's a Junior Tag Tournament as well.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Eventually someone will die in a ring on a high-risk move and that'll be it.

Oh wait, it's Japan, nothing will happen and the dead guy will try to come back and wrestle as a zombie.

Foggy

Eventually someone will die in a ring on a high-risk move and that'll be it.

Oh wait, it's Japan, nothing will happen and the dead guy will try to come back and wrestle as a zombie.

To New Japan's(and most other promotions) credit, nobody's crashing through stacks of chairs or ladders like Kevin Owens or falling from 25ft in the air for no good reason. As safe as WWE can be, they can throw the switch into crazy dangerous territory.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Randy was interesting as an enforcer for Bray, but once he turned it was back to being boring. The guy has no personality. If his finisher wasn't a meme, no one would give a shit about Orton.

Also, I'm not saying anything new here, but people need to stop putting so much importance on Meltzer's ratings. I have a lot of respect for the guy as a journalist who's been following the business a very long time. But as to whether or not Dave gives something five or six stars on his own arbitrary scale - it doesn't fucking matter.

Angry Grimace

Already happened years ago to one of the biggest names of all time in japan

On a belly to back suplex. One of these days someone's gonna die on a flippy move and that will be the end of flippy moves for a whole week

Top Bottom