• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

It is kind of worrying NJPW is getting a bit like 90s AJPW. The matches are such an insanely high quality and they keep pushing themselves to top it more and more ans I dont see how they can keep doing it.

Things like Misawa are a tragedy but saying that, I wonder what the body count in the 80s/90s looks like if you compare America and Japan at those times.

Bronx-Man

Banned
It's pretty cool that people watch NJPW just waiting for someone to die

Definitely gives matches another edge

The dignified bloodsport that harkens back to the ancient times when men were MEN. Not like these pansies today with their legos and ska music and video games.

Heroman

Banned
s-l300.jpg

tchocky

It is kind of worrying NJPW is getting a bit like 90s AJPW. The matches are such an insanely high quality and they keep pushing themselves to top it more and more ans I dont see how they can keep doing it.

Things like Misawa are a tragedy but saying that, I wonder what the body count in the 80s/90s looks like if you compare America and Japan at those times.

Chris Harrington who does wrestling analytics mentioned the lack of NJPW wrestling deaths last month on twitter.

Chris Harrington said:
I've been analyzing last 20 yrs of NJPW results. It's striking how many fewer wrestler deaths there's been and how most were non-Japanese.

Japanese-born wrestlers who've died that worked 30+ NJPW matches in NJPW in last 30 yrs..

The ones I had were:
Shinya Hashimoto
Black Cat
Masakazu Fukuda
Umanosuke Ueda
Mr Pogo
Gran Naniwa
Hiromichi Fuyuki

Anth0ny

Jim Cornette has returned to Impact Wrestling.

Bold prediction:

This doesn't work out, Cornette leaves and rants on his podcast about how fucking dumb mother fuckers at fuckin tna or gfw or whatever the fuck they're fuckin called don't fuckin know nothin about the fuckin wrasslin business

klonere

Banned
Chris Harrington who does wrestling analytics mentioned the lack of NJPW wrestling deaths last month on twitter.

To be fair, up until ~5 years ago (I may be wrong on the exact date but it is recent) the NJPW style was stiff but safe, with a heavy emphasis on shorter (15 - 20mins) matches with a lot of grappling and mat based stuff. Definitely easier on your body than Kings Road or current NJPW style.

Oersted

The dignified bloodsport that harkens back to the ancient times when men were MEN. Not like these pansies today with their legos and ska music and video games.

Say whatever you want to, but the greatest Wrasslin Match Of All Time will always be Straight Dave vs Lutz

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wade Keller getting worked on Twitter over Braun being st the Yankees stadium thing.

Also lol @ Cass wearing a 7 FT Jersey while not being taller than Aaron Judge.

What is the worst title/distinction to hold in the WWE? Here it is:

André the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner

seeing that specifically being a modern King of the Ring winner doesn't really count I guess this is correct.

Remember Mojo Rawley? at least the guy he chucked out to win is doing pretty well for himself.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Wade Keller getting worked on Twitter over Braun being st the Yankees stadium thing.

Also lol @ Cass wearing a 7 FT Jersey while not being taller than Aaron Judge.

Wade Keller gets worked just seeing heels and faces post pics of themselves together irl. He's the ultimate mark of all marks.

NJPW puts out the best match quality of anywhere in the world, but to be honest my favorite promotion right now is probably PROGRESS. I just enjoy every single minute of their shows.

Top Bottom