• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

Wrestling experts: please post a good Adam Cole match (YouTube, plz).

dkq14.png

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But why

Like I'm not even Vince but why would you want to push Cole over McIntyre

Because the NXT crowd is just interested in whatever the new toy is. If they ever signed Kenny, Cole would be in the backseat. If they signed Riddle, Cole will be in the backseat, it's just 'here's the hot new toy we got...ok i'm bored of him'

RBH

Dolph Ziggler appeared on The Tom Shillue Show with Fox News’ Kennedy and Jimmy Failla this week. He defended President Donald Trump over comments he made about the recent attack in Charlottesville, Virginia. Trump was criticized for his response. Everyone on the show, including Ziggler, said that Trump didn’t handle the situation “ideally.” However, Ziggler said that Trump would have been criticized no matter what he did. If he denounced white supremacists by name right away, according to Ziggler, people would see it as Trump giving them a nod.

Ziggler: "“I think had this been – obviously huge, a ridiculous tragedy happened – had he said minutes later, ‘This is garbage. This will not be tolerated.’ Called out Nazis, White Supremacists, period, that’s it. The next day, everyone would be like, ‘Uh, well, he’s calling them out now. They got him elected, but, he’s giving a little wink and just wanted to let this slide.’ I see it too much.”
http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/874...-charlottesville-violence#yjV7HcoLwURokjev.99
https://411mania.com/wrestling/dolph-ziggler-defends-donald-trump/

daemissary

Because the NXT crowd is just interested in whatever the new toy is. If they ever signed Kenny, Cole would be in the backseat. If they signed Riddle, Cole will be in the backseat, it's just 'here's the hot new toy we got...ok i'm bored of him'

Yep because Roode and Asuka weren't mega over last night. Give me a break.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Last night continued a Takeover tradition with me where I fall asleep during Bobby Roode's match and wake up for the finish.

Asuka and Ember was MOTN for me. Asuka's sell of the superkick at the end was fantastic. Ember and the commentary really should've done more to protect the Eclipse. Commentary could have sold the hurt arm as not being as effective. Ember really should have protected her finish by either taking a little more time to cover Asuka or by using a sloppy pin. This seemed for so long that it was Ember's coronation, that Asuka beating her was a nice swerve.

At this point I don't think you can have Asuka lose in NXT. If you were going to do the story of someone toppling her, this would have been it. They've already mentioned how she's passed Goldberg's win streak and Rockin Robin's title reign, so there's no real milestones to hit. You've had Ember lose twice now, so I can't see her getting another crack at it. So I don't really see anyone else being worthy of it right now. You could wait for some of the MYC people, I guess? I think you just have to send her up to the main roster undefeated.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Yep because Roode and Asuka weren't mega over last night. Give me a break.

Roode was pushed as the top guy on the WWE's request not the NXT crowd's. As posted earlier in this thread. He was going to be pushed because they have big plans for him on the main roster. Asuka has literally only had one 'high profile' signee since her and that was a less popular pre-NXT Ember Moon.

Kassius Ohno
Roderick Strong
Hideo Itami
La Sombra

All discarded 'new toys'

Roode was pushed as the top guy on the WWE's request not the NXT crowd's. As posted earlier in this thread. He was going to be pushed because they have big plans for him on the main roster. Asuka has literally only had one 'high profile' signee since her and that was a less popular pre-NXT Ember Moon.

Kassius Ohno
Roderick Strong
Hideo Itami
La Sombra

All discarded 'new toys'

Itami has constantly been injured and no one gave a fuck about Sombra.

Strong has always been at the top of the card and seems to be in a program with Roode. Ohno I can agree with you but I don't think he was ever pushed as the next big thing. The real big debuts they have done a great job of keeping the crowd entertained.

Joe
Nak
Roode
KO
Sami
Balor

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
It's genuinely amazing to me how hot they are for Adam Cole

I certainly find it puzzling. Then again the only Adam Cole matches I've seen were on Wrestlecircus, and even by the incredibly low standards of a WC match, they were the absolute drizzling shits.

daemissary

Kassius Ohno
Roderick Strong
Hideo Itami
La Sombra

All discarded 'new toys'

Itami was over before he was crushed by injuries, Andrade is getting over now that he's found a heel character that works, Roddy is also since they've run his babyface promo packages. Ohno is kind of lost in the shuffle right now but I'm sure they'll find something for him.

It's not a bad thing to be excited for something new, especially since we get it so infrequently on the main roster. You're excited for the potential...sometimes that potential doesn't manifest and that person fizzles a bit and sometimes the potential is reached and that person stays over.

To say "Dur dur, NXT fans like new shit" is totally reductive.

Foggy

The neverending cycle of disappointment/potential/disappointment is what made me give up on WWE/NXT. Whenever they get a good thing, they just can't keep it going.

Also you never get the guy that WWE handed out the sacks of cash for. Just a weird, diluted version of him/her.

One of the best things about PWG was when adam cole came back from injury out of shape and Excalibur would relentlessly shoot about it on commentary

Like when Cole became ROH champ, Excalibur noted on PWG that the bucks had to buy him a belt extender. I'll miss that

I think letting her be normal might help with that?
In my opinion she is like many where she can cut a promo in an empty room or to Renee Young but in front of a crowd, or with another person across from her who can react she goes deer in the headlights.
If she has not been able to get past that by now, she may not ever.

Nope even her empty arena promos are horrible.

Did you not see her whiny woe is me empty arena promo after losing in Orlando.

She's quite literally bottom 5 in the company on the mic be it live, with others, to Renee, or by herself in an empty room or arena. She's a horrible talker period.

It's why they need to keep her away from Bliss for example because Bliss will eviscerate her on the mic and she'll end up Bayley 2.0

Top Bottom