• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Ah, memories. My favourite was posting playlists and cards of indie puro shows that no one except me wanted to watch. And arguing about whether Naito was a wrestling genius or destined to be a flop...gotta admit that Data was probably right on that one, in the end :p

Japanese Pro Wrestling has made major strides, no question, but they're still a long way away from having Pitbull and Flo Rida perform at their shows.

You have to keep it all in perspective.

Hey guys, stop being jerks to each other.

If you have a problem with the tone in this thread, please PM a member of the staff instead of taking it upon yourself to insult other members back.

thequestion

If the global force wrestling impact aquired Brian Danielson, CM Punk, Kenny Omega, and the Hardy bros, plus some legit commentators, and maybe a Netflix deal, would they actually become a legit contender? Is it even a possibility for this to happen?

Menome

Shocked-Troy-Walks-Into-Fire-With-Pizza-Community.gif

I WAS ONLY GONE FOR FOUR HOURS.

Bronx-Man

Banned
If the global force wrestling impact aquired Brian Danielson, CM Punk, Kenny Omega, and the Hardy bros, plus some legit commentators, and maybe a Netflix deal, would they actually become a legit contender? Is it even a possibility for this to happen?

Punk, Bryan, & the Hardys would never do that. Kenny maaaaaaaaaaybe.

Add in some new management and there might be a chance.

Edit: Oh wait, not a legit contender to WWE. That ship has sailed.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

No, in the age of the internet wrestling will never be as big as it once was no matter what the quality is. WWE is only as popular as it is because of its name value since its been around for a long time and people have nostalgia for it. It's just like the circus.

Draxal

TBH, three bans have happened.

Keep it civil you guys, when somebody tries to have a legit conversation and it goes to memery like in the first page, its really not a good look.

Wrestling will never be as big as it was in the late 90's for the same reason that metal won't be - the internet boom has allowed mediums to diversify. There's more options available, everything's much more accessible, but it's all geared to drawing a niche audience because there's room for it now. The trade off is that it's much harder to reach the mainstream.

Ironically, wrestling's kinda starting to head back to the situation it was in before Vince Jr. - lots of people making comparatively good money, but no one person making GREAT money.

Japanese Pro Wrestling has made major strides, no question, but they're still a long way away from having Pitbull and Flo Rida perform at their shows.

You have to keep it all in perspective.

c6L5oaq.jpg

Is Marty Friedman analogous to Flo Rida?

yeah stop being a jerk to me bootaay

Hey now, I just said you were right about Naito all along, dammit! :p

Syder

Hey guys, stop being jerks to each other.

If you have a problem with the tone in this thread, please PM a member of the staff instead of taking it upon yourself to insult other members back.
I'm gotten some PMs about this thread too.

C'mon guys, you've been through this rodeo before.
Honestly, this thread self-regulates pretty well. The regulars are all chill people.

Unfortunately, sometimes people don't know when not to rise to the bait of a couple of trolls. It's like clockwork with these guys, they occasionally jump in here to stir shit up and then peace out.

Zach

Well it's blades and blood
It's Dust and son
It's the roar of a Sunday crowd
It's the white in his knuckles
The gold in his buckle
He'll win the next go 'round
It's wrasslin' boots and chaps
It's John Cena hats
It's straps of latigo
It's the ropes and the Reigns
And the joy and the pain
And they call the thing rodeo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Not until they burn all of their six sided rings to the ground.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Honestly, this thread self-regulates pretty well. The regulars are all chill people.

Unfortunately, sometimes people don't know when not to rise to the bait of a couple of trolls. It's like clockwork with these guys, they occasionally jump in here to stir shit up and then peace out.

Yep. Every time.

Sephzilla

Yeah, we generally do a good job of self regulating. Honestly sometimes people just need to utilize the ignore list though.

Ronin Ray

I am up to day 6 in the G1 climax which is my first ever g1. I love Japanese pro wrestling and it's ignited my passion for pro wrestling that I haven't had since 2006. Just sucks they don't have American commentators for all the days.

So I had a question for Wrasslin gaf. What if new Japan started something like new American pro wrestling? Could be an offshoot american-based promotion they could send over half there belts since they have too many anyway. I feel like they could keep the high-quality wrestling and then use a few gimmick matches that they don't seem to do in Japan. I would love to see some of those guys over there in cage matches, table matches, last man standing and things of that nature.

Top Bottom