• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Tall4Life

If I'm in a store on Thanksgiving or Christmas eve it's because i forgot something for dinner, but I also will refuse to go out unless it's an absolutely essential item.

Don't even get me started on the "The day after Super Bowl should be a holiday" crowd

If the Patriots win it should be. They are America's Team.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Of course, Stephanie has come out before Sasha/Bayley to talk about how she started the Divas Revolution.

Ah yes, the Divas Revolution. Aka that 6 month period where all the NXT callups fought each other in 6-woman tags every single week on Raw. At least it gave the Submission Sorority for about a week.

So my one main complaint with Progress is I feel like the flow of matches isn't that great. Not sure why this 4-way singles match is happening when it is, especially after Banks/Bro

gun_haver

I saw someone suggesting that, in the light of the cutbacks etc, that they should switch to a 4 raw/4 smackdown/4 joint PPV schedule, and one of the benefits would be it would give a longer time to build feuds. Seems like a bad idea to me - they tread water already on a 4 week rotation, because the way WWE does wrestling feuds at least, maybe wrestling feuds in general, are kind of hard to make deep enough to actually have even 4 weeks of story in them. Two guys want to fight each other, and the build is all about stopping that from happening in a few ways - tag team matches, banning one from the building, etc. I think if they were gonna reduce the PPV numbers, they should start blowing off feuds on TV too and have PPVs for the biggest feuds going on.

Hasney

I saw someone suggesting that, in the light of the cutbacks etc, that they should switch to a 4 raw/4 smackdown/4 joint PPV schedule, and one of the benefits would be it would give a longer time to build feuds. Seems like a bad idea to me - they tread water already on a 4 week rotation, because the way WWE does wrestling feuds at least, maybe wrestling feuds in general, are kind of hard to make deep enough to actually have even 4 weeks of story in them. Two guys want to fight each other, and the build is all about stopping that from happening in a few ways - tag team matches, banning one from the building, etc. I think if they were gonna reduce the PPV numbers, they should start blowing off feuds on TV too and have PPVs for the biggest feuds going on.

Yeah, it would make sense if they actually showed they could build shit, but they can't.

*Limo pulls up next to you*

Get in
ezgif-2-5d27a47302_zpsymlbhede.gif

You're so much the fat that you've been turned into pork rinds.

Another jobber for the fodder.
tenor.gif

Zach

there seems to be a defense force for gamestop working people on thanksgiving

I was surprised to hear that they weren't already open on Thanksgiving. I mean, it's not just a Gamestop thing. A bunch of businesses are doing this and it's terrible.

But I guess they kinda have to do it, what with Amazon eating their lunch, righ?

I dunno. See ya on Thunder.

Zach

Off topic - Even after trimming a little bit of the GWF roster and listing a bunch of old wrestlers who don't post anymore inactive, the roster is still surprisingly packed

Hit me with your GWF statz google sheet. Don't act like it doesn't exist, nerd.

Zach

If 9-0 happens, Beefy has to defend his strap in the match that started it all -- THE 30-MAN COLOSSAL TUSSLE!

Heroman

Banned
Zilla, it pretty clear how to beat beffy , match him against a brotha, put him against the hero of the east, Heroman!!!!!

Those who understand wrestling are sitting in awe of Bayley the Master right now.

I think I was legit fooled by that shoulder last night. The land she had was awkward and I believed she was hurt. I have heard shit about it today though.

Bayley ironically fails the HHH test: looking like someone who can win a real fight. I'll never buy Bayley as a "fighter" in the ring as I would, say, Becky or Charlotte.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
ive straight up stopped black friday shopping because i think its a stupid practice that destroys family time during a holiday

Nah son, that's GT.

Super is like the post Sami Zayn era NXT

I feel like NXT is on the cusp of being great again, but they've made some curious choices that have kind of held it back.

I watched Batman Mask of the Phantasm on Blu Ray earlier and what a movie.

Antonio+Banderas.gif

Wait, had you never seen it before up until that point?

Heard the blu Ray is really well done but...

I'm all digital.

Only Batman cartoon film I watched was Killing Joke... yeah that one is fucked up

and a disgrace to material source. Check out Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker post haste

in fact, watch Batman Beyond.

Sephzilla

It's a top ten, maybe even top five superhero movie for me in general.

giphy.gif

This is probably my favorite portrayal of Batman. He's not a grimdark cynical hermit who's completely obsessed with being Batman. TAS nailed the core of the character in a way that no other portrayal of the character has been able to do since.

Only Batman cartoon film I watched was Killing Joke... yeah that one is fucked up

its fucked up in a bad way.

in fact, watch Batman Beyond.

this guy know's what's up. Batman Beyond is underrated as fuck

jmdajr

kbvqprI.gif

Nia Jax ladies and gentlemen.

Yikes

edit: I never saw Batman Mask of the Phantasm until recently. As such, I just saw it as another very solid long episode of the TV series. But to me it didn't transcend it. Not a bad thing because the TV show was already amazing.

Top Bottom