• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Sephzilla

Yikes

edit: I never saw Batman Mask of the Phantasm until recently. As such, I just saw it as another very solid long episode of the TV series. But to me it didn't transcend it. Not a bad thing because the TV show was already amazing.

I mean, yeah, it's basically an extended 2 part episode. But it's a really damn good 2 part episode. The music, especially for the scene where Bruce finally turns into Batman, is glorious.

Batman TAS really spoiled the fuck out of me I think. I'm super cynical about every other portrayal of the character because none of them seem to capture the heart of the character as well as TAS did. I like it when Batman is a badass who still believes the people he's stopping can be saved, I'm not as big of a fan of Batman being a borderline psychopath.

Egg0

Banned
kbvqprI.gif

Nia Jax ladies and gentlemen.

How does that even happen? lol You can't see her, but I assume she was looking right at Bayley before she does for the elbow.

Unless she thought Bayley was going to lay back down or something.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I never understood the "I'm not like most girls" reference because I legitimately though the opening line was "I'm not a monster" until right around the point at which she got called up.

jmdajr

I mean, yeah, it's basically an extended 2 part episode. But it's a really damn good 2 part episode. The music especially for the scene where Bruce finally turns into Batman is glorious.

Do you like the Mr. Freeze movie? It was the 2nd animated movie. It actually had some 3d animation in it. I don't know if that had ever been done before.

The animation on the oil tanker at the end stood out for me. It was smoother than usual.

Sephzilla

Do you like the Mr. Freeze movie? It was the 2nd animated movie. It actually had some 3d animation in it. I don't know if that had ever been done before.

The animation on the oil tanker at the end stood out for me. It was smoother than usual.

The Mr Freeze one is really good, I don't think it's Mask of the Phantasm tier though. I think what hurts the Freeze movie is that it inevitably gets compared to the Heart of Ice episode.

jmdajr

The Mr Freeze one is really good, I don't think it's Mask of the Phantasm tier though. I think what hurts the Freeze movie is that it inevitably gets compared to the Heart of Ice episode.

The storyline was for sure not as interesting. But the action is great.

Those god damn polar bears!

Sephzilla

I hope Mask of the Phantasm getting a bluray release means we might be getting The Animated Series on bluray soon. I'll scoop that up immediately

Other off topic note - My copy of Shin Godzilla arrived today.

Menome

It's hard not to get compared to one of the finest 22 minutes of TV ever produced.

Have had just enough time to catch up with the Tag and Main Event matches from GWF. Congrats to Beefy, showing how a strong champ should be booked.

After the 5-star Tag Match, the #Brenemies are ready to take it to Zach and BGE and give GWF its first ever 6-star match.

WE'RE COMING FOR YOU, HUGGERS!

jmdajr

I hope Mask of the Phantasm getting a bluray release means we might be getting The Animated Series on bluray soon. I'll scoop that up immediately

If they restore and all that be so awesome.

Since we are talking Nerd stuff I finally watched Star Trek Beyond. It was solid enough.

The part where
The Ship gets fucking wrecked
is the highlight of the movie.

jmdajr

Working after you put your two weeks in is weird.

I still remember after getting accepted to the University I wanted to go. My High School rankings definitely dropped. B+ player was good enough. I didn't have to take those crazy bumps anymore.

Sephzilla

If they restore and all that be so awesome.

Since we are talking Nerd stuff I finally watched Star Trek Beyond. It was solid enough.

The part where
The Ship gets fucking wrecked
is the highlight of the movie.

Star Trek Beyond was a pretty fun movie, it might be my favorite of the three reboot movies too. Probably the closest any Star Trek movie has come to feeling like an episode of the TV series, too. Even though I'm really tired of seeing
the Enterprise get beat up every single movie, I have to admit the destruction of the Enterprise in Beyond was pretty jaw dropping. Mostly because of how viscerally the ship was torn apart and how dire the situation felt.

Working after you put your two weeks in is weird.

i've only been in that situation once but yeah it's really a weird yet somewhat liberating feeling

Batman : Subzero wasn't as engaging because we already know who Mr. Freeze is, his agenda and everything there is to know about his wife and that was the crux of the story. Mask wasn't centered around Joker, he played a role to tell a tale. Subzero was more action and set piece packed than Mask

Mask of the Phantasm was a crime noir film with a mystery that engages the audience, tells an interesting story with some realized characters playing pivotal roles in it. There is no mystery in Subzero and it was also unfairly compared to Mask.

Sephzilla

Batman : Subzero wasn't as engaging because we already know who Mr. Freeze is, his agenda and everything there is to know about his wife and that was the crux of the story. Mask wasn't centered around Joker, he played a role to tell a tale. Subzero was more action and set piece packed than Mask

Mask of the Phantasm was a crime noir film with a mystery that engages the audience, tells an interesting story with some realized characters playing pivotal roles in it. There is no mystery in Subzero and it was also unfairly compared to Mask.

That's a good assessment of Subzero and why it isn't as solid as Mask. I'd also just like to say that Joker being introduced in the third act was the perfect final spice that Mask needed.

Alexa Bliss has some of the best merch

L20018.jpg

They really need to fire the person who keeps putting shit on the back of the shirt

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I mean, Heart of Ice is the best regular episode of an animated series that exists, so I would think so.

jmdajr

That's a good assessment of Subzero and why it isn't as solid as Mask. I'd also just like to say that Joker being introduced in the third act was the perfect final spice that Mask needed.

I didn't see it coming. Not something I was contemplating at all.

Sephzilla

I didn't see it coming. Not something I was contemplating at all.

I didn't see it coming either. The only way you can really see it coming is if you're super familiar with Mark Hamill's voice, because then you'd know that
the thug who works for the mobsters that threatens Andrea's father is pre-transformation Joker
. But yeah, the scene where Bruce takes a red pen, draws the lips on the picture, goes "oh no", and then you hear Joker laughing is fantastic.

If JR was doing commentary on that movie he'd scream BUSINESS IS ABOUT TO PICK UP.

Angry Grimace

I've got nothing against Bliss, I just fucking hate the shirts WWE makes. I've never seen a single one I like let alone would wear in public.

That's because the WWE apparel aesthetic is based on shitty band shirts being sold by bootleggers in the parking lot outside the show. Like shit you might wear to the gym if nothing else was clean and perhaps if the band came back to town before you got too fat to wear that shirt again.

Even if they make a cool looking shirt, the reverse side will for some reason just say "OBVIOUS PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING SHIRT" somewhere just to make sure it's not actually wearable in public. I mean, I'm the first guy to not care what people think but if you actually design a shirt that isn't obviously a pro-wrestling shirt is there some reason you have to add that shit to the back?

Monday’s WWE Raw television show averaged 3.163 million viewers. Viewership was up from the 3.067 million average from last week.

The first hour of Raw averaged 3.194 million viewers. Hour two drew 3.275 million viewers. The final hour of the show averaged 3.021 million viewers.

Viewership was up.

somedevil

Raw Viewership for 7/31:

8pm: 3.194
9pm: 3.275
10pm: 3.021

Avg: 3.163

Only 250,000 left during that 3rd hour and this is the longest streak of Raw averaging over 3 million since april.

I've got nothing against Bliss, I just fucking hate the shirts WWE makes. I've never seen a single one I like let alone would wear in public.

I agree, lots of the shirts are awful. I own quite a few WWE shirts from the ones I like.

The stuff on the back is lame tho.

Zach

OwensIsNow slowly comes to, realizing he's still alive. Another day. Or was this the same day? Who could tell a difference?

Recently high school-graduated, he didn't know where to go from here. It was so much easier when he was in the system. All he could remember was getting up and going to school. What do you do when summer break comes and now it's on you to make it end?

As he unconsciously fiddles around in his pajamas with one hand, he grasps his phone with the other. Maybe there's a new Bayley gif to LOL at, he thought. But his LOLs weren't out-loud like they once were. These were more of a declared and catalogued display for others -- even those that would never escape his head.

Only five pages since my last visit, he said under his breath. I hope Zach's posted, he dreamed, as a small, accidental smile overtook his countenance. No! His brow furrowed. Not again!

TO BE CONTINUED . . .

Angry Grimace

It must be tough for Finn Balor to market his own T-shirts given that he wears shirts on television about as often as Randy Orton wears pants.

Sephzilla

Cool, it was such a great flim especially the atomic breath scene.

Yeah the atomic breath scene was pretty jaw dropping just because of the scale of destruction it caused.

FAV FIVE GODZILLA MOVIES (Not counting the OG, cuz that's an auto #1)
1- Shin Godzilla
2- Return of Godzilla
3- Final Wars
4- Vs Biollante
5- Vs King Ghidorah

Angry Grimace

I mean if you had a body like that, would you ever wear a shirt?

I'm really hoping they redesign the Demon to not have the headdress. It's by far, the cheesiest part of the entire character and gimmick and it's not even vaguely necessary.

Zach

I am amazed that people like Godzilla. I say this completely out of ignorance. I know nothing about it, except for the monster smashing buildings or whatever. Why is it a series? What happens that's worthwhile? I'm confused.

Top Bottom