• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

jmdajr

Well I found out why the Curry I made was so spicy and was killing me. Re-reading the recipe.....it didn't say to use the entire packet of curry powder.

HHH+Flair+Flop.gif

Draxal

I wish Xavier Woods had Jordan's body as he would have had the best package of looks/charisma/wrestling.

I do like Titus Brand alot, and it really sucked that Cedric Alexander got hurt for so long.

I wish Xavier Woods had Jordan's body as he would have had the best package of looks/charisma/wrestling.

I do like Titus Brand alot, and it really sucked that Cedric Alexander got hurt for so long.

Titus puts together some great promos I don't know what it is about him that just doesn't work for me. I like the guy too. I want him to succeed. It just feels like everything he does turns out to be a dud.

Syder

Kurt Angle having a illegitimate black son who happens yo work for wwe is so fake and dumb that it will kill Jason.
The only way it works is if JJ is tricking Angle and it leads to a heel turn.

Then just copy-paste Angle's wrestling machine gimmick on to JJ so he can feud with face Chad Gable for who is the best wrestling machine.

Then just copy-paste Angle's wrestling machine gimmick on to JJ so he can feud with face Chad Gable for who is the best wrestling machine.

That's not out of the question. It's a good idea.

They can make this JJ thing work. I believe.

Foggy

Titus puts together some great promos I don't know what it is about him that just doesn't work for me. I like the guy too. I want him to succeed. It just feels like everything he does turns out to be a dud.

Doesn't he only have 7 moves?

Heroman

Banned

That doesn't make work at all really , all it does kill kurt credibility and make him the biggest idiot in the world.

Foggy

There's nothing regressive about that storyline. Is being angry for no reason a stance worth having in 2017?

I'm not mad. If you love happy black men, evil brown people, and minorities contextualized by white guys, then have a ball. You're certainly watching the best program for it.

I had a culinary class in high school, my group was a bunch of idiots. We were supposed to make pumpkin pie one day but they didn't like pumpkin pie. So they were stupid/didn't care and misread the recipe. They put the sugar amount that was meant for the filling into the crust (like....a cup). Essentially turning it into a brick. Fun times when you're the person that has to clean it

Anth0ny

Hey wrasslegaf,

I want to apologize for being an annoying poopy head gimmick poster. I'll refrain from conversing about current WWE from now on since I have no interest in it and don't want to ruin it for the rest of you.
but the bible will remain and I'll leave it at that

Also, I hope Sweeney comes back soon. He's a true bro and shouldn't have to take a temp ban like that.

Anyways I watched the Omega/Elgin match from the G1 last night and almost jizzed at the finish. Take all the stars. Take them all.

Foggy

I had a culinary class in high school, my group was a bunch of idiots. We were supposed to make pumpkin pie one day but they didn't like pumpkin pie. So they were stupid/didn't care and misread the recipe. They put the sugar amount that was meant for the filling into the crust (like....a cup). Essentially turning it into a brick. Fun times when you're the person that has to clean it

Pumpkin pie is sacred. What a bunch of heretics.

jmdajr

Hey wrasslegaf,

I want to apologize for being an annoying poopy head gimmick poster. I'll refrain from conversing about current WWE from now on since I have no interest in it and don't want to ruin it for the rest of you.

Also, I hope Sweeney comes back soon. He's a true bro and shouldn't have to take a temp ban like that.

Anyways I watched the Omega/Elgin match from the G1 last night and almost jizzed at the finish. Take all the stars. Take them all.

Alright duuuude. It's all good.

Well except for Raw, Smackdow, NXT, 205, etc etc etc.

I kid

Foggy

Hey wrasslegaf,

Honestly, I don't think it's worth apologizing over, but at least folks can move on.

Anthony, sent you a PM but wanted to publicly apologise to you and take full accountability of my attitude and how I framed my frustration with the hashtag. Happy to see you back.

WWE has ran that angle so far into the ground that it's almost retroactively ruined the Austin/Vince rivalry for me. I'm sure Vince is sitting in creative meetings desperately thinking of ways to get Steph or HHH back on screen.
I don't mind a verbal burial from Steph and Trips, but I just know it's gonna lead to another shitty match....No one needs to see another her Triple H match.
Anthony, sent you a PM but wanted to publicly apologise to you and take full accountability of my attitude and how I framed my frustration with the hashtag. Happy to see you back.
It's nice that you apologized, but you were 100% correct. That shit was annoying.

I don't mind a verbal burial from Steph and Trips, but I just know it's gonna lead to another shitty match....No one needs to see another her Triple H match.

It's nice that you apologized, but you were 100% correct. That shit was annoying.

I'm not disputing that, only saying I should have framed that frustration a lot better. Whatever, no one is perfect.

The Cruiserweight Six-Man Tag match might have been the match of the night on Raw.

You had Akira Tozawa with a taped up shoulder so he is presented as a tough guy for competing while injured. Nese, TJP and Daivari look like baddies for targeting the shoulder and taking the easy way out. And then Daivari hits Tozawa with a spinning wristlock slam-

BOOM!

Tozawa crawls in pain to his manager Titus at ringside, who tries to convince him to forget about this meaningless match, leave the ring and focus on earning a title shot against Neville at SummerSlam.

"NOOOOOO!!! NOOOOOO!!!"

"I AM OKAY!!! I AM OKAY!!!"

This guy screams so loud the fans in the nosebleed seats can hear him.

His partners, Rich Swann and Cedric Alexander, hit the move of the night: A tandem spinning inverted corkscrew splash to the outside

SLAM!

Even Tozawa dives to the outside, he doesn't give a frick!

Man, this Tozawa guy has guts, grit, and attitude. Keep your eye on him.

DGKXR7NXoAA-E0M.jpg

Akira Tozawa sells the shoulder injury in the victory selfie. WWE. SUPER. STAR.

Sephzilla

The problem I have with them as Authority figures is that they're basically untouchable. Steph gets to verbally bury everyone around her, nobody ever gets to have the last word on her, and she never gets comeuppance for her actions. With HHH it ultimately leads to a mediocre Wrestlemania match where HHH loses and then comes back a few months later and is unchanged both in terms of character and in terms of power.

Basically HHH and Steph are near untouchable characters who are also incredibly static and stale at this point. At least with Vince he was more than willing to put others over at his expense.

Remember when they had the beginnings of the HHH mafia and it actually seemed pretty awesome

And then nothing happened

Bummer

Need that heel group in suits

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Suit wearing heel is practically a dead horse trope at this point. It's going to keep happening but it's not nearly the character transformation it used to be.

I still have no idea if Titus is a heel or a face. He manages nothing but babyfaces while continuing to look like unsympathetic, but neither of his charges have turned on him or look that interested in doing so.

Sephzilla

I wish WWE would revert back to the New Generation and Proto-Attitude Era days where there weren't heel authority figures, and authority figures would almost always be off screen characters who only entered storylines when the story warranted it. This way the story focuses more on the active talent and when an authority figure does need to step in it becomes a bigger deal.

#JackTunneyEra

Zach

I guess I'll have to assume the #5years mantle until blackastroni apologizes for antagonizing this once-great community.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh you can see Cena wiggling his fingers after the pin, clearly to see if everything was ok as the ref is checking on him and nakmura is laying down but you can see he is also checking on him off the corner of his eye.

its really interesting how these guys have to handle this type of stuff while in the ring and try not to break kayfabe and whatnot.

I wish WWE would revert back to the New Generation and Proto-Attitude Era days where there weren't heel authority figures, and authority figures would almost always be off screen characters who only entered storylines when the story warranted it. This way the story focuses more on the active talent and when an authority figure does need to step in it becomes a bigger deal.

#JackTunneyEra

lol. Was literally about to reply with Jack Tunney before the edit.

The problem I have with them as Authority figures is that they're basically untouchable. Steph gets to verbally bury everyone around her, nobody ever gets to have the last word on her, and she never gets comeuppance for her actions. With HHH it ultimately leads to a mediocre Wrestlemania match where HHH loses and then comes back a few months later and is unchanged both in terms of character and in terms of power.

Basically HHH and Steph are near untouchable characters who are also incredibly static and stale at this point. At least with Vince he was more than willing to put others over at his expense.
J8lqhP5.gif

Top Bottom