• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

If Cody can get a title shot with Okada...
Okay, that's kind of a fair point, but people still seem to think like they'd be the most pushed guy ever if they went over there. I mean, I'm not saying they wouldn't get a good position in the company, but not as good as people think they'd get.

Sheamus is the one guy I'd like to see wrestle some NJPW guys because his style would work so good there.

Heroman

Banned
When I am trying to determine who would be a good IWGP Champion, I use the Minoru Suzuki test. That is when you ask yourself "should this person hold The IWGP Heavyweight Championship before Minoru Suzuki?"
Then no one would be champ if we use that test.

why do people act like if cesaro or any other superstar people find underused in wwe left today they'd be main eventing wrestle kingdom in no time

Wouldn't we have said the same thing had someone suggested AJ after his TNA run?

Like if someone had called AJ a "future IWGP champ" in 2012, they would have been laughed at.

klonere

Banned
When I am trying to determine who would be a good IWGP Champion, I use the Minoru Suzuki test. That is when you ask yourself "should this person hold The IWGP Heavyweight Championship before Minoru Suzuki?"

generally they try and put the main title on actual draws

Adree

Probably annoyed her or didn't shake her hand earlier in the day. Then told creative to "write" that segment in.

Ya'll really like to write some fan fiction huh? I doubt they are putting announcers in place for a slap without it being consensual.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Even though I like Cena, I'm really glad Nakamura is getting the title shot at Summerslam.

So you actually think that's the match? You think that John Cena isn't wrestling at Summerslam?

It's 3 weeks away, I guarantee you things will change, most likely into a triple threat.

Pikma

Banned
So you actually think that's the match? You think that John Cena isn't wrestling at Summerslam?

It's 3 weeks away, I guarantee you things will change, most likely into a triple threat.
I'm not sure if you missed it or you're just pretending but they kickstarted a Cena vs Corbin feud, just after his match with Nakamura, with a table spot.

Bootaaay, there was some controversy among the Wrestling Giffing Community the other day.

It seemed to stem from whether 10 frames-per-second or 30 was the best, with one person willing to kill for his chosen format.

Really it stemmed from the dude trying to set up a patreon for gif'ing shit, then throwing a tantrum when he was rightly mocked and exposing himself as human garbage. It was quite the meltdown haha.

There hasn't been a Suzuki match without interference in years fam.

What was the last one, probably Sakuraba at WK a few years back?

jmdajr

RAW_05152017rf_1121--67a1e7523b66beb8b83be71d2b6ec455.jpg

BATTLE_07232017jg_0047--6a7b3d63e0c95245cb36e3b9a717ac4e.jpg

Cena's working with Corbin.

Also, looking at the Summerslam card, it looks right now like there will be at least FOURTEEN MATCHES.

NJPW ebbs and flows. There are definitely guys worse than those five that have held that belt before, and there will be again.

But yeah, no one is going to come out favorably in a comparison against them.

Ok I'll go back further:

Kojima, Makabe,Nakamura, Nakanishi, Mutoh, Nagata, Lesnar

That brings us to 12 years of IWGP champions.

Chad Gable doesn't live up to those guys either (when you factor in how rare Gaijin champions happen)

Foggy

NJPW would accentuate all the best things about Cesaro. Champ or not, he'd be exceptional instead of whatever he is now.

Sheamus is interesting since he's a WWE-style bruiser. I'd be interested to see if he could hang with Ishii and the like.

Gable will seem like a godsend when Fale gets the IWGP heavyweight strap.

That's never going to happen

Sanada has really impressed me, dude's a great heel and has been consistently putting on great matches. It's a tall task to stand out during a G1 as stacked as this and he definitely has.

Okada is definitely having the best year of his career and is in the running for greatest in ring year for a wrestler. Current day Ric Flair.

What's amazing is that Omega is just one tiny step behind him and right there too is Naito

Love that

If Cody can get a title shot with Okada...

Not everyone is Dusty's kid

Then no one would be champ if we use that test.

Other than Omega or Naito that is correct

Adree

Review-a-Wai no-selling Fashion Peaks might be their worst moment ever. I've only seen one episode of Twin Peaks and even I got all the references from cultural osmosis.

I keep thinking the Bayley storyline might be a work, but the fact that so many wrestlers on Twitter are reaching out to her (even heels like Royce and Kay) might make me think otherwise.

Ok I'll go back further:

Chad Gable doesn't live up to those guys either (when you factor in how rare Gaijin champions happen)

Right now? No. But he potentially could be given his athletic background and what he's already shown given his short time in the business. That's literally all that is being said.

Again, no one would have pegged AJ as IWGP champ when he was doing storylines with Claire Lynch. Not to say Gable is as good as AJ, but the point is that these things can kind of come out of nowhere, and Gable has as much potential as anyone right now

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I still say its a work. Bayley and the commentators sold various shoulder spots up until the end.

I don't know that it's 100% a work, but I would be surprised if it wasn't a work. It took them 12 hours to figure out Finn needed surgery and I heard about it from Meltzer 3 hours after it happened.

Anth0ny

What's amazing is that Omega is just one tiny step behind him and right there too is Naito

Exactly. Any other year, Omega is your wrestler of the year, easily. Instead we have this situation where anyone having a match with Omega or Okada will probably have the best match of their career... and then when the both of them match up, you get a 6 star match.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Cena's working with Corbin.

Also, looking at the Summerslam card, it looks right now like there will be at least FOURTEEN MATCHES.

The guy that cashes in loses pretty much all of the time up until the cash in because the briefcase largely gets held by cheating heels.

I keep thinking the Bayley storyline might be a work, but the fact that so many wrestlers on Twitter are reaching out to her (even heels like Royce and Kay) might make me think otherwise.

Right now? No. But he potentially could be given his athletic background and what he's already shown given his short time in the business. That's literally all that is being said.

Again, no one would have pegged AJ as IWGP champ when he was doing storylines with Claire Lynch. Not to say Gable is as good as AJ, but the point is that these things can kind of come out of nowhere, and Gable has as much potential as anyone right now

You are forgetting that it is completely 100% in-character for this company to be carny enough to not tell the other wrestlers it is a work. When Kevin Owens debuted, Vince told Owens to stand around in his gear and not tell anyone what he was there for and to tell anyone that pressed it to go fuck themselves.

The guy that cashes in loses pretty much all of the time up until the cash in because the briefcase largely gets held by cheating heels.

Yeah. I fully expect Corbin to lose to Cena, Nakamura beats Jinder, and Corbin cashes in and wins.

Man, that Bring it to the Table must have been rough. Listening to last nights WOL and 80% of the messages are people furious with the show.

It's just pointless for the most part. JBL says dumb things. I don't know why people get so worked up about it. All those WOL callers sounded so offended.

Heroman

Banned
Ok I'll go back further:

He's better than Scott Norton and Bob snapp the other gaijn champs .and he also better than Nakanishi and maybe makabe and the dude has only been wreslting for a few years guys is going to be a star if he quits WWE

You are forgetting that it is completely 100% in-character for this company to be carny enough to not tell the other wrestlers it is a work. When Kevin Owens debuted, Vince told Owens to stand around in his gear and not tell anyone what he was there for and to tell anyone that pressed it to go fuck themselves.

Well yeah, but we don't typically see response like this on worked injuries.

Like I said, I still probably think it's a work, but I have a fair amount of doubt too.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Kevin Owens‏@FightOwensFight
Those freaking out over @JohnCena's rough landing must have missed the fact that he was revealed to be an actual transformer the day before.

dead2.gif

Angry Grimace

Well yeah, but we don't typically see response like this on worked injuries.

Like I said, I still probably think it's a work, but I have a fair amount of doubt too.

If they're working an injury, it makes plenty of sense for other wrestlers to sell it like it's real.

That's the point: they don't want you or Bryan Alvarez or anyone to know if it's legit. They WANT you questioning whether Bayley is making her match.

The fact that 2 days out they "know its a shoulder injury" says work to me. They had a full on diagnosis for Finn Balor at like 8 a.m. the next day, one for Rollins the next day, and again for Rollins the morning after the Joe injury and I first saw that reported like an hour after Raw ended.

Top Bottom