• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Suit wearing heel is practically a dead horse trope at this point. It's going to keep happening but it's not nearly the character transformation it used to be.

It's definitely played out but it's still fun (especially if no one else is doing it)

Bald HHH, Joe, Owens, and whoever just taking people out would be entertaining

Well I found out why the Curry I made was so spicy and was killing me. Re-reading the recipe.....it didn't say to use the entire packet of curry powder.

HHH+Flair+Flop.gif

Curry Man approves of your hot and spicy lifestyle.
486f8429c166709b2937833f3b2ef633910e947d_hq.gif

He the most talented wreslter NXT has produce.

So what?

That still doesn't make him anywhere near Naito, Tanahashi, Okada, Styles or even Omega, and his ceiling is far below those guys,

4 guys have been IWGP champion in the past 6 years... and you put Chad Gable up there? Come on.

You're talent evaluations make no sense for a guy who talks a huge game about NJPW.

I wish WWE would revert back to the New Generation and Proto-Attitude Era days where there weren't heel authority figures, and authority figures would almost always be off screen characters who only entered storylines when the story warranted it. This way the story focuses more on the active talent and when an authority figure does need to step in it becomes a bigger deal.

#JackTunneyEra

That's basically how it's handled in NXT and, what do you know, it works great.

Cody Rhodes Interview:

http://rajah.com/node/57327

On those who do have complaints about WWE's creative, who should they take their issues up with: "WWE is so powerful in terms of their world presence and the talent they have on board, so I think what's going to happen at some point is that they're going to restructure all of this. There are some guys in WWE, Vince McMahon, Triple H, Michael Hayes, Arn Anderson and Mike Rotunda included, who should be writers but instead are producers. I would hope at some point they will consolidate all of that, because if you were to get some of these megaminds in a room, you could write out two years worth of TV and stick to the plan.

You're getting Naomi vs. Carmella and Charlotte vs. Lana.

Meh.

So what?

That still doesn't make him anywhere near Naito, Tanahashi, Okada, Styles or even Omega, and his ceiling is far below those guys,

4 guys have been IWGP champion in the past 6 years... and you put Chad Gable up there? Come on.

You're talent evaluations make no sense for a guy who talks a huge game about NJPW.

Gable absolutely has the potential to be one of the five or six best wrestlers in the world. He's got all the tools. He just needs experience and time to put stuff together. Even Meltzer said last week that he thinks Gable could be the best wrestler in the company in a few years, even considering the massive level of talent they have.

Zach

Must be nice to be able to physically assault employees and not get a call from HR because your dad owns the company

I find that trash disgusting. Like, who's entertained by that? And what kind of scumbags would even consider doing it, even "in storyline"? Clearly no one's going to object to the boss. So I guess they'll just get slapped around whether they like it or not. A decent human being would be mindful of this and never put their employees in that position.

So weird to me.

Gable absolutely has the potential to be one of the five or six best wrestlers in the world. He's got all the tools. He just needs experience and time to put stuff together. Even Meltzer said last week that he thinks Gable could be the best wrestler in the company in a few years, even considering the massive level of talent they have.

I don't see it. He's got the tools to be great sure... he might surpass current AJ but he's not going to be peak Tanahashi, peak Okada, peak Omega, peak Naito or peak AJ.

I'd buy potential IWGP IC championship level but not the belt

Foggy

Gable is athletically gifted, but if he has "best in the company" potential then so do dozens of other guys in and around the WWE.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think the Steph beats up Tom Phillips segment was the stupidest segment of the last few years and that is saying a lot. Like it was just so unbelievably tone-deaf that Vince somehow felt like the audience needed to see Steph get over yet again.

While the Cruiserweight Six-Man Tag was the best match on Raw, Miz TV w/ Jason Jordan was overall the best segment of the night.

First, let's take a moment to acknowledge how good The Miz is as a promo. Effortlessly recapping the storyline in a clear concise way while also spewing hot lava about Kurt Angle, captivating the live audience so fully that even the thought of a "what" chant is the furthest thing from their mind. Dang.

Then you just amplify that by having Bo Dallas and Curtis Axel's goofy arses reacting and pulling faces after every line from The Miz. I legit laughed watching this segment live.

Jason Jordan holds his own. Cocky, self-assured smile that quickly turns deadly serious at the suggestion that he's receiving preferential treatment and the disparaging remarks about his father.

The Miz vs. Jason Jordan for the Intercontinental Title? I'm Hyped.

I love Jason Jordan and the push he is getting. Give him the title. Dood has it all. Just needs to improve on the mic and the rest is good to go.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Bryan Alvarez is blowing his load on twitter over "calling" the Bayley injury (which we have no clue whether that is legitimate or not outside of Dr. Chris "We've determined it's a shoulder injury" Amann's prepared statement on WWE.com).

Dude is a straight-up mark.

I love Jason Jordan and the push he is getting. Give him the title. Dood has it all. Just needs to improve on the mic and the rest is good to go.
He has a good look but like you said he needs work on the mic and his in ring work is nothing more than being the hot tag. Seems like a good dude so I wish him all the best.

Bryan Alvarez is blowing his load on twitter over "calling" the Bayley injury (which we have no clue whether that is legitimate or not outside of Dr. Chris "We've determined it's a shoulder injury" Amann's prepared statement on WWE.com).

Actually I think he's extremely cynical and doesn't believe Bayley could sell that good lol.

Hex

Banned
Gable is athletically gifted, but if he has "best in the company" potential then so do dozens of other guys in and around the WWE.

He is gifted, but he is gifted in the same way that Swagger and many others were gifted and he has the weakness on the mic also.
If we had an era of factions where they brought back something like the Varsity Club he could have a chance.
Not a main eventer unless he goes away and learns elsewhere and comes back.

Bronx-Man

Banned

we're all marks, dude

even me

Hex

Banned
Watching G1 from this morning.
Sanada continues to impress.
Toru Yano continues to be amazing.
Okada I think is having the best year of his career and continues to just look fantastic.
Kojima v Suzuki was kind of a mess.

Non-Japanese dudes who have the potential to be IWGP champion? Omega and Riddle. That's it, I'd say.

Apropos of nothing, here's one of the best finishes to a match ever;

A7MPDYp.gif

It bothers me everytime I se this that somebody who isn't trained to bump and get hit is the one getting hurt.

She fucking slapped his ear.

Probably annoyed her or didn't shake her hand earlier in the day. Then told creative to "write" that segment in.

Heroman literally said future IWGP Champ.

Which is a direct comparison to Okada, Tanahashi, Naito, NJPW AJ Styles (only those 4 guys gave held the belt in the past 6 years) and guys like Kenny Omega.

NJPW ebbs and flows. There are definitely guys worse than those five that have held that belt before, and there will be again.

But yeah, no one is going to come out favorably in a comparison against them.

Anth0ny

Watching G1 from this morning.
Sanada continues to impress.
Toru Yano continues to be amazing.
Okada I think is having the best year of his career and continues to just look fantastic.
Kojima v Suzuki was kind of a mess.

Sanada has really impressed me, dude's a great heel and has been consistently putting on great matches. It's a tall task to stand out during a G1 as stacked as this and he definitely has.

Okada is definitely having the best year of his career and is in the running for greatest in ring year for a wrestler. Current day Ric Flair.

Non-Japanese dudes who have the potential to be IWGP champion? Omega and Riddle. That's it, I'd say.

Apropos of nothing, here's one of the best finishes to a match ever;

http://i.imgur.com/A7MPDYp.gif[/mg][/QUOTE]

Bootaaay, there was some controversy among the Wrestling Giffing Community the other day.

It seemed to stem from whether 10 frames-per-second or 30 was the best, with one person willing to kill for his chosen format.

TIL rajahwwf.com still exists. I haven't visited it since like 2000

It's been my go to since the Attitude era.

I just posted an article above. They just list stuff from other sites most of the time but they capture a lot of good content and it's easy to browse.

I still say its a work. Bayley and the commentators sold various shoulder spots up until the end.

I still say its a work. Bayley and the commentators sold various shoulder spots up until the end.

The commentators are going to comment on it because she was favouring it after taking a bump. It would be weird if they didn't mention it regardless of whether it was a work or not.

XenoRaven

When I am trying to determine who would be a good IWGP Champion, I use the Minoru Suzuki test. That is when you ask yourself "should this person hold The IWGP Heavyweight Championship before Minoru Suzuki?"

Top Bottom