• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Exactly. Any other year, Omega is your wrestler of the year, easily. Instead we have this situation where anyone having a match with Omega or Okada will probably have the best match of their career... and then when the both of them match up, you get a 6 star match.

I'd still make an argument for Omega this year: Dude had two near 5* matches in consecutive nights and a underrated near 4* star match in that weekend too.

And he didn't get have to have 40 min matches with Shibata and Suzuki to pad his year out ;)

Okada gets the glory of being the champion but Omega by my vote is tied with Okada.

If they're working an injury, it makes plenty of sense for other wrestlers to sell it like it's real.

That's the point: they don't want you or Bryan Alvarez or anyone to know if it's legit. They WANT you questioning whether Bayley is making her match.

The fact that 2 days out they "know its a shoulder injury" says work to me. They had a full on diagnosis for Finn Balor at like 8 a.m. the next day, one for Rollins the next day, and again for Rollins the morning after the Joe injury and I first saw that reported like an hour after Raw ended.

Again, that all sounds good and could totally be the case. I'm just saying it's not something they've done before.

I can't remember a worked injury that had even NXT roster members responding on Twitter.

I like when WWE forgets to edit out theme songs. This episode of Nitro plays Chris Jerichos original theme during the 1-800-COLLECT replay.

He's better than Scott Norton and Bob snapp the other gaijn champs .and he also better than Nakanishi and maybe makabe and the dude has only been wreslting for a few years guys is going to be a star if he quits WWE

Also Scott Norton is a completely different type of wrestler and that was 20 years ago and Sapp won at the height of the MMA obsession in NJPW.

He's on par with Nakanishi when he was champ and Makabe when he was champ... and they're Japanese so they kinda have better odds anyway.

I just think it's funny because Gable is fine and all but he has medium charisma... Gajin's need charisma or need to be like lights out fucking borderline generational talents (or be really big) to get success in NJPW. I'd buy IC level but Heavyweight... not for a second.

Pikma

Banned
LGblBagcBwN7pmb3AGbvY3ImpP9go3IhqP9coJSaMF90nUIgLz5unJjiL2SwnTHiZwtjZP8lAmx4KmVjZGpjBQNlK0kWIxIsEREHKmRio3WaK3AcrzHhnaOaVwgcBwR7pmbmZQbvY2ygLJqyL2SwnTHiAF8lAGR3YmRiZP8jYmNiZF8jVwg9

http://ddtuniverse.com/program/index/20170802_REC_DDT

Dat main event🔥🔥🔥

Anth0ny

August 1 2017 Smackdown Viewership

Tuesday’s WWE Smackdown Live averaged 2.569 million viewers for USA Network, according to Showbuzzdaily.com. The number was up from the 2.535 million count from last Tuesday’s edition.

Powell’s POV: A minor increase for the show headlined by the Shinsuke Nakamura vs. John Cena match that was advertised a week in advance along with the AJ Styles vs. Kevin Owens match for the U.S. Championship. The August 2, 2016 edition of Smackdown delivered a 1.86 rating with 2.681 million viewers.

presented without comment

Right now the main storylines are

Bret Hart betrays WCW and helps Hogan win the Belt back from Savage.

Nash, Savage and Konnan form the Wolfpac.

Goldberg US champ.

Jericho continues to taunt Dean Malenko who has went "home"

Booker T is TV champ feuding with the man who shall not be named.

Edit: oh and Buff Bagwell almost got paralyzed by Rick Steiner but that isnt a storyline

jmdajr

Did Bret even have a real storyline in WCW? My memory is he was just kind of there.

At that point I wasn't even watching it anymore.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
watched this LAW smackdown review video thinking it was Bryan and Vinny, but its 2 other guys I've never heard about and they were awful so that happened.

I guess I have my wrestling websites mixed up

Anth0ny

watched this LAW smackdown review video thinking it was Bryan and Vinny, but its 2 other guys I've never heard about and they were awful so that happened.

I guess I have my wrestling websites mixed up

was it john pollock and the dastardly wai ting?

Top Bottom