• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

klonere

Banned
I get why they went with a larger venue than La Boom, but La Boom is such a great venue for Evolve, and it would have been nuclear hot for these PROGRESS matches.

Every Evolve show I've seen in one of those basketball court settings has always looked, sounded and felt miserable.

La Boom would have been a great venue atmosphere wise and twinning with the Electric Ballroom. But yeah, it's probably too small.

Him and Meltz

Yeah that goes without saying.

Pollock is a better successor to Meltz than Alvarez is anyway.

GOLDBERG

GOLDBERG

Every Evolve show I've seen in one of those basketball court settings has always looked, sounded and felt miserable.

La Boom would have been a great venue atmosphere wise and twinning with the Electric Ballroom. But yeah, it's probably too small.

Yeah that goes without saying.

Pollock is a better successor to Meltz than Alvarez is anyway.

Yeah for sure, though Alvarez is great in his own right but more as an OP-Ed guy than a pure journo

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yeah for sure, though Alvarez is great in his own right but more as an OP-Ed guy than a pure journo

Alvarez comes off as just a big smark who is there to act as a proxy for "internet wrestling fan" to keep Meltzer on topic with what people who listen to that show want to hear. Sometimes he's right but I find that he goes off on silly tangents all of the time. It seems like Alvarez gets worked a lot; e.g. he will react the way it was intended that he react and then he'll get mad about it later.

I saw that Muta vs Flair GIF from the 93 G1 and had a seconds long itch to watch a whole Flair G1 run. I'll settle for just that match.

Alvarez comes off as just a big smark who is there to act as a proxy for "internet wrestling fan" to keep Meltzer on topic with what people who listen to that show want to hear. Sometimes he's right but I find that he goes off on silly tangents all of the time. It seems like Alvarez gets worked a lot; e.g. he will react the way it was intended that he react and then he'll get mad about it later.

Alvarez gets misrepresented a lot because people share around his more vocal moments.

I mean Noam went to ICW to a hero's welcome, while they're booking Mysterio for their biggest show... and I still can't see them on the Network, they've not exactly been "sanitising" their content...

I honestly think there's 0 value trying to figure out the machinations at this point, there's too many unknown variables.

Their content not being sanitized is a non-issue. As stated months ago, the ICW/Progress deals weren't for live streaming, they were for VOD. So the Progress/ICW stuff would never air on the 24/7 live feed. You would have to go looking for it. Camp WWE operated under the same rules and was also TV-MA.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
So is this new version of Matt going to go deep into progressive issues now that he's woken?

I will say that the months long pissing contest between Anthem and the Hardy family has soured me on anything resembling their old gimmicks.

Anth0ny

tenor.gif

Same people who give Omega shit for overselling probably consider Perfect one of the true GOATs back when wrasslin was great.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Will Woke Matt Hardy ERASE all the westlers he deems ARCHAIC?

E-DuB

Today I learned Lebron James has a line of Nikes aimed at kids inspired by wrestlers. There's shoes based on the Ultimate Warrior, Ric Flair, and The Undertaker
A purchase of the undertaker and warrior ones would be automatic if i could get those in adult sizes.

SilentMike03

Neo Member
Pantsuit Asuka is best Asuka. She's out here looking like a professional and Ember comes out like some bum off the streets in jeans and a t-shirt.

Top Bottom