• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

klonere

Banned
You mean his MMA style wrestling because his match with Black has it.

I mean beyond his initial NXT run.

Well, NJPW didn't want him, so I'm glad he and Fish have found a good landing spot.

I'm super disappointed that nothing came of his heavyweight move up in NJPW. Everytime he had a big singles match it was always a highlight. I guess if they didn't want him, this is how it's meant to be.

Ronin Ray

Just finished day 8 of the g1 and Mike Elgin is amazing. I hate his look but the more I have seen of him the more impressed I am. The depth New Japan has on their roster is nuts.

Oersted

According to ShowBuzzDaily.com, this week’s edition of WWE Smackdown Live, featuring AJ Styles vs Kevin Owens, plus the hyped John Cena vs Shinsuke Nakamura “dream match”, averaged 2.569 million viewers. This is up from last week’s 2.535 million viewership average.

#PushCena

Zabka

Can't wait until Aleister Black hits the main roster. I did a mockup of a new logo for him that I think really elevates his character and would make for a truly dramatic entrance.

P89J53z.jpg

I'm still bitter.

Anth0ny

Just finished day 8 of the g1 and Mike Elgin is amazing. I hate his look but the more I have seen of him the more impressed I am. The depth New Japan has on their roster is nuts.

Elgin is awesome with the right opponent. And in the G1, he's gonna have the right opponent more often than not!

Can't wait until Aleister Black hits the main roster. I did a mockup of a new logo for him that I think really elevates his character and would make for a truly dramatic entrance.

P89J53z.jpg

I'm still bitter.

I wish I cared about anything as much as some of you guys care about this font. lol

Ronin Ray

Elgin is awesome with the right opponent. And in the G1, he's gonna have the right opponent more often than not!

I feel like there is a tier system to wrestling and the top guys in the world can carry almost anyone to a great match. Based on what your saying Elgin seems like a solid 2nd tier guy that can carry the companies number 2 or 3 belt. I can't wait to see Elgin vs Suzuki where as before I didn't care about elgin at all.

Raw64life

That's basically the long and short of it. When you're wrestling Omega all the time and Naito and Okada, of course you're gonna look like a million bucks out there. It's very hard for me to get past his non-existent promo skills and 0/10 look. He's called Big Mike and he's like 5'9", 230 lbs. If Toru Yano is noticeably larger than you, you shouldn't have Big in front of your name.

That's basically the long and short of it. When you're wrestling Omega all the time and Naito and Okada, of course you're gonna look like a million bucks out there. It's very hard for me to get past his non-existent promo skills and 0/10 look. He's called Big Mike and he's like 5'9", 230 lbs. If Toru Yano is noticeably larger than you, you shouldn't have Big in front of your name.

One of the funniest things at the last Wrestle Kingdom was Scott Norton showing up and making "Big Mike" look like Neville standing next to him.

I wish I cared about anything as much as some of you guys care about this font. lol
I understand that it's "just a font" but they had it perfect in NXT and changed it to something that no sane person would think is better

Like for going to "the big leagues" you'd think they'd want the best presentation possible

"His whole thing is style, and he has this red aesthetic"
"Yeah we have this great red title card that really makes his entrance a spectacle"
"Nah, I want yellow. Big, bold, posterboard yellow letters that look like stickers from the dollar store"

Ronin Ray

One of the funniest things at the last Wrestle Kingdom was Scott Norton showing up and making "Big Mike" look like Neville standing next to him.

I know Scott Norton was Big in Japan was he actually a good wrestler over there or was it just the big white hoss thing?

cordy

Banned
But on the real, Shinsuke's main roster booking has been straight butt cheeks. This man had his ass kicked by Ziggler for most of his first match. That's not a W.

Foggy

I think Elgin deserves more credit than "shows up in big matches". He's as hot and cold as most other indie guys which is a necessity of that world. He's definitely had tremendous matches outside NJPW.

Elgin needs to go in a hoss tour of Japan

With Glory Pro, he's tryimg to bring that tour to St. Louis. As unlikely as it is, he brought over Marufuji. Sekimoto and Okabayashi could happen
but probably not

Heroman

Banned
I feel like there is a tier system to wrestling and the top guys in the world can carry almost anyone to a great match. Based on what your saying Elgin seems like a solid 2nd tier guy that can carry the companies number 2 or 3 belt. I can't wait to see Elgin vs Suzuki where as before I didn't care about elgin at all.
Elign is a top teir worker, you don't have matches that good if you aren't top teir.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
According to Sports Illustrated‘s Justin Barrasso, Paul Heyman has a suggestion backstage for the outcome of the fatal four way match at Summerslam for his client’s Universal Championship: Samoa Joe should win it.

Zabka

It's emblematic of WWE's inability to take something that works in NXT, or other promotions, and run with it. It's also a perfect example of WWE's complete ineptitude with branding. And still pretty racist too.

Egg0

Banned
efjssjlfsjfls first chicken dinner in PUBG

I hid in the water almost the entire game

I can uninstall the game in peace now

Fam, I got my first solo chicken dinner with zero shots fired in my first 10 hours with the game. I haven't even come close to getting it since.

Hex

Banned
IMG_0702-e1495820850195.jpg

If you didn't watch wrestling, which of these two guys would you think is called Big Mike?

Thwagger looks like the special guy with the oddly vertical family tree that got kicked in the head by a goat as a kid who they save and wake up just for the back room bare knuckle fights.
I remember when he was supposed to be huge

Just a couple of months ago folks were saying Joe was boring because of his shitty feuds/matches with Rollins and Balor. I wonder if they changed their mind now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Remember when you guys were saying that there was zero chance of Nakamura winning against Cena

but now we just say Nak will win the title only to imediatly lose it to a Corbin cash in.

because of course, you know what that will bring...

HEEEEEEEEEAT

cordy

Banned
Remember when you guys were saying that there was zero chance of Nakamura winning against Cena

They're the same people who said Ambrose was never going to be a WWE Champion.

Me? I think it'll be Strowman or Joe. If it's Strowman he'll hold the belt until the Rumble where he'll lose to Cena or Reigns and then that'll set up their WM match. If it's Joe? Same thing except Strowman will face Reigns in a ppv before then.

Top Bottom