• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Foggy

There's no way she's not gonna get called up. Zero chance. Asuka is getting called up. Kairi is eight years younger and has a lot more potential for making money.

She did not leave Stardom for a pay cut only to stay in NXT.

I don't see them having two Japanese female wrestlers on the main roster. I also see her getting bounced after one or two more concussions.

Tagyhag

It's the women's division. Split between two shows. Everyone who is semi-competent gets the belt. Alicia Fox is a former Divas champ. In fact, I'm gonna look it up.

Raw: 10 women, 6 champs
Smackdown: 8 women, 5 champs

So yeah, unless you are Emma, Lana, and Summer Rae tier, you get a shot at the title. Kairi is immensely talented in the ring and exudes confidence. The only problem I can see could be her English, but she does write in English on Twitter and says she is taking classes. Though maybe not speaking English could be an advantage considering some of the promos they write for the women.

Oh I definitely think she'll get a shot at the title, maybe even hold it.

But I don't think she's a permanent stay in the title picture, not while Vince is around watching her lug a ship's wheel around. All he's going to remember is Paul Burchill (Actually he probably doesn't remember him at all)

I don't see them having two Japanese female wrestlers on the main roster. I also see her getting bounced after one or two more concussions.

They have split brands now. They can put Asuka on one and Kairi on the other if they are so worried about it. I think you are overblowing it.

Sephzilla

Remember when Triple H won the royal rumble

0Ouzeoh.gif

I actually had zero problems with this happening. Old Man HHH actually looked like a champion

Sephzilla

Well, I should add some context. Compared to the other people in the main event picture at the time, yes.

Plus Old Man HHH is the only form of HHH I really enjoyed, even if his character logically should have been out of power after WrestleMania 30

Forkball

Remember when Triple H won the royal rumble
Honestly, HHH should've had the title at WM 30 against Bryan. They had the better match, and Bryan beating all of Evolution in one night felt more rushed than inspirational. HHH should've screwed Orton out of the title, so you have HHH vs Bryan for the belt and heel Batista vs face Orton which is a fresh matchup. They basically reused the HHH/Bryan feud with Reigns last year.
Orton won the Rumble this year... then lost to Jinder 3 times.
If you put a gun to my head I don't think I could've told you who won the Rumble this year.

You know who would be a good Rumble winner next year? Kairi.

Becky Lynch has a steampunk gimmick. Having a pirate gimmick isnt too far off.

Sadly I dont think it would be the gimmick that would cause Kairi Hojo's problems on the main roster.

Sephzilla

Honestly, HHH should've had the title at WM 30 against Bryan. They had the better match, and Bryan beating all of Evolution in one night felt more rushed than inspirational. HHH should've screwed Orton out of the title, so you have HHH vs Bryan for the belt and heel Batista vs face Orton which is a fresh matchup. They basically reused the HHH/Bryan feud with Reigns last year.

If you put a gun to my head I don't think I could've told you who won the Rumble this year.

You know who would be a good Rumble winner next year? Kairi.

I actually agree with this. After Bryan beat HHH you already knew he was going to beat Batista and Orton because Bryan effectively beat the final boss first and then went on to take out the mini bosses. The storyline should have been than HHH was basically getting driven mad by Bryan and his fanbase and was so protective of the title that he screwed over his own friends to put the belt back on his waste and protect it himself.

Plus, if HHH was champ going into the main event of the evening then maybe Brock might not have beaten Undertaker. Because I still maintain that Taker losing was just a Vince tactic to kill the crowd for Bryan's big moment, and HHH might have put up a stink about that and tried to stop it from happening.

Well, I should add some context. Compared to the other people in the main event picture at the time, yes.

Plus Old Man HHH is the only form of HHH I really enjoyed, even if his character logically should have been out of power after WrestleMania 30

Also gave us this great moment

tumblr_inline_o1jg837fD11rcfmdh_500.gif

NXT Redemption after the game show bit is pretty damn amazing.

Here's EC3 and Daniel Bryan on a double date with the Bellas.

No...my pants. NO, MY PANTS!!
Holy shit, I've only just realised why EC3 looked so damn familiar to me, I never made the connection!

I have to write a speech for tomorrow, did any wrestling weddings make it to the reception? I'll just steal their groom speech.

Just draw from one of the many Raw opening promos from Triple H over the years, 20 minutes of material guaranteed!.

Raw64life

http://rajah.com/node/57341

In July it was reported that Enzo Amore had been kicked off the WWE tour bus due to his behavior, and now it sounds like he might be getting kicked off RAW.

According to a report by Dave Meltzer in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE management is looking at ways to get Enzo off of WWE's Monday night show. SmackDown may not be an option for Enzo either, as company officials reportedly do not want Enzo in proximity of Vince McMahon.

There are several options being considered, including moving him to 205 Live or back to NXT. Enzo could help sell tickets on the road for those shows, and it would keep him away from the WWE CEO.

I love the way this is worded. I'm picturing Enzo and Vince locking eyes backstage and then Enzo running for his life as Vince chases him, catches him, stuffs him into a locker and takes his lunch money.

Pikma

Banned
I heard Ziggler hasn't had any meaningful appearences in months, what kind of magic is that and who should I thank for it?

The reason they want Enzo away from Vince is that Enzo is great at getting beat up, so that's all Vince will ever want him to do. Vince has cast him to a role and will never change it. So they want to save Enzo and actually make money off of his ability to talk and get over.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
She had an issue with Nanae Takahashi (more like Nanae had an issue with her), when she was with Stardom, but she left Stardom and is now with Seadlingggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Asuka has an issue with all of Japanese wrestling. Her bitching about joshi wrestling didn't start with Stardom and didn't end there, either. She was still ranting about it after she won the NXT Women's title. Part of that rant was her just straight up saying female wrestlers in Japan aren't that great.

Like the same night she won the title she posted this in Japanese:

Asuka said:
I got the title! and i did it with a zero loss winning streak, record-setting quickness. i see some people tweeting about the high level of japanese performers, based on my accomplishments. those types of comments just don't sit well with me. i'll come right out and say it! the level of women in japan isn't that great. my fights against various divas and experiences with many superstars on my road to gaining the title makes me sure of that.

the japanese performers who are making strides in wwe aren't making strides because japan is at a higher level. it's all because of the skills and techniques possessed by the individual. in the past, i'd criticized women's wrestling for only doing matches that appeal to fans of women's wrestling. and now i can expand on that point. this type of wrestling is too niche to succeed. they try to appeal solely to a japanese audience, yet expect to gain popularity on a global level.

there's been instances where japan was expected to be the best in the world for a certain field or industry, but ended up being surpassed before they knew it...

i now see a similar phenomenon taking place for wrestling. i don't consider myself to be a representative of japanese women's wrestling, just because i'm japanese. why? because, like i've said before, there's too many elements that prohibit this type of wrestling from attaining worldwide success. it could be partly due to a difference in culture: japanese wrestling fans see wrestling as a process of subtraction, while the wwe universe see wrestling as a process of addition. if wrestling is considered as a process of subtraction, then there is more emphasis placed on avoiding mistakes, which leads to tighter matches... at the cost of any hope for growth.

why? because everybody looks for that one mistake, then makes a huge fuss over it, like they've accomplished something great. the result? i was the only female wrestler in japan able to take this path. but! if you want to abandon all pretense that japanese women's wrestling can compete on a global level? if you want to stay the course, only focus on appealing to women's wrestling fans?

the issues i bring up cease to be problems. in that case, it'd be like comparing apples and oranges -that style is in a world entirely removed from mine. ultimately, whoever gets results will have the greatest weapon in justifying their position.

me? i'll just keep raising the bar with the divas

Enzo's redeeming wrestling ability (not promo ability) is ability to get ragdolled, and VINCE LOVES IT.

Do you think if Vince sees Enzo backstage he sprints after him like "COME ON LET ME RAG DOLL YA KID!" so they're actually trying to save Enzo for madman McMahon.

Asuka has an issue with all of Japanese wrestling. Her bitching about joshi wrestling didn't start with Stardom and didn't end there, either. She was still ranting about it after she won the NXT Women's title. Part of that rant was her just straight up saying female wrestlers in Japan aren't that great.

Like the same night she won the title she posted this in Japanese:

"me? i’ll just keep raising the bar with the divas"

Damn. Wonder what has her so bent about it.

Pikma

Banned
So they want to keep him away from Vince but 205 live is still an option which is also run by Vince... What

It makes no sense.

I had no idea rajah was still around. I'm sure it's still shitty as ever.
It makes no sense because that's one of those lazy articles where the author picks up a Wrestling Observer Newsletter tidbit, makes some format changes, takes some small liberties and hits the submit button

Here's the original:

Among ideas we’ve heard [for Enzo] include going back to NXT with the idea it’s away from Vince McMahon and he can be a signature superstar on that brand and help sell tickets to road shows, or a move to 205 Live, where he’s a guy fans react to on a show which struggles to get any fan reaction.

Top Bottom