• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

It makes no sense because that's one of those lazy articles where the author picks up a Wrestling Observer Newsletter tidbit, makes some format changes, takes some small liberties and hits the submit button

Here's the original:
Gotcha. Yeah, that sounds more logical that "GET HIM AWAY FROM VINCE."

Pikma

Banned
The cool thing for Enzo about moving to NXT is that he'd be making main roster money while spending less time (and $) on the road, so he'd probably be able to afford better tips then

The cool thing for Enzo about moving to NXT is that he'd be making main roster money while spending less time (and $) on the road, so he'd probably be able to afford better tips then

I really think the "NXT + main roster money" is the best setup for a lot of guys in WWE. You get paid well and booked well.

Remember when Triple H won the royal rumble

Which time?

0Ouzeoh.gif

I actually had zero problems with this happening. Old Man HHH actually looked like a champion
Fuck HHH. Thank you Seph for allowing my character to punt him. 🖒

Draxal

Honestly, I do think 205 is a good place for Enzo.

205 is pretty much all solid workers so having somebody bad doesn't hurt (Seriously does somebody mediocre like Taichi or Fale prevent NJPW from having a great year?)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"me? i’ll just keep raising the bar with the divas"

Damn. Wonder what has her so bent about it.
That isn't new. Asuka has been shooting on he Japanese scene for a long time. She was pretty controversial about t even before she came to the US.

Mahonay

Banned
Saw that the word was Paul Heyman is pushing hard for Joe to win the strap at Soomah Slam.

God I love Paul. In a just universe he would be head booker, without Vince trying to bury him for doing too well.

Sephzilla

Doctor Who is the greatest show of all time.

Time.

See what I did?

No but seriously it's my fav.

Tennant's run definitely made the show go pretty high up on my list of fav shows. There's some really good episodes in there and the episode where
all of Tennants companions come back to help stop the Daleks was awesome.

I'm not sure I'm ready to accept Matt Smith as the new face of the promotion

Tennant's run definitely made the show go pretty high up on my list of fav shows. There's some really good episodes in there and the episode where
all of Tennants companions come back to help stop the Daleks was awesome.

I'm not sure I'm ready to accept Matt Smith as the new face of the promotion

Get through the Weeping Angels episode with Smith and you should know then and there if he's the one for you. i love him and get heavy sentimental about that entire story arc.

I would venture to say the Vincent and the doctor episode is in top 10 Dr Who episodes of all time.

Mahonay

Banned
Need to catch up on the past couple of Doctor Who seasons.

Never watched it until a couple years ago. My girlfiend is a big fan and turned me onto it. Definitely up there as one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

Another thing from the Observer I haven't seen mentioned. The WWE UK big five are being brought to the US in a few weeks for something.

As of right now the plan is for Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Wolfgang, Pete Dunne and Mark Andrews to be brought to the U.S. in a few weeks. Exactly what role they’ll play is uncertain. It could be appearing on either the NXT Takeover show or on the NXT TV tapings that take place right after SummerSlam.

Peter Capaldi getting the role was a dream come true but then reality sunk in and turned out differently from what i was hoping. Was like watching Nakamura make the leap to main roster. the last two seasons are better than that dreadful first season of his.

Sephzilla

Get through the Weeping Angels episode with Smith and you should know then and there if he's the one for you. i love him and get heavy sentimental about that entire story arc.

I would venture to say the Vincent and the doctor episode is in top 10 Dr Who episodes of all time.

I'm interested to see what my response is to Smith's Doctor. My girlfriend (who's seen the show before, she's rewatching it while I enjoy it for the first time) was a big fan of Smith's Doctor but said revisiting the Tennant seasons made her remember how great Tennant was in the role. Speaking of the Weeping Angels, their episode during Tennants run is my favorite episode so far. I also marked out hard for the end of season 4 when
Rose came back
. Also marked out hard when you heard
EXTERMINATE
from the then-mysterious force invading Earth at the end of season 4.

I also can't decide who my favorite companion was. Rose has the emotional factor in her factor. Donna was funny as hell. Martha was the one who got shit done.

My girlfiend is a big fan and turned me onto it. Definitely up there as one of my favorite TV shows of all time.

Heh my girlfriend got me into it too. She basically pitched it as "if you like Star Trek, it's like Star Trek but a bit sillier/hokier"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I know. I'm just wondering what exactly is her issue.

She thinks joshi wrestling is treated as a joke and largely designed to appeal to pervs - she wrote an open letter about it and got a ton of heat because she was considered green at the time she wrote it. It's stuff like the gravure videos that they get female wrestlers in Japan to do that she didn't like (although she certainly has a few of those videos, but I think those kinds of cheesecake videos are expected, not that I'm particularly familiar with joshi wresting at all, I just looked into why she was so pissed off about Japanese wrestling at some point).

Draxal

That isn't new. Asuka has been shooting on he Japanese scene for a long time. She was pretty controversial about t even before she came to the US.

Yeah, that is why she definitely has heat with some other wrestlers in Joshi, but she had heat with Nanae Takahashi who was in Stardom (at the time that Io joined) but left after Yoshiko broke ACT's face.

Apparantly, asuka/kana was super stiff and was injuring wrestlers and nanae takahashi didn't like that.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...the_whole_deal_with_asukas_manifesto_and_why/

Here's a history about her manifesto.

Moffat was the worst problem with Dr Who, just his Xmas special and he gone.

i still cant wrap my head how they took something as promising and beloved as Cumberbatch's Sherlock series and sharted all over it. I couldn't believe my eyes watching this last season.

Sephzilla

I might have said this before but the Daleks are the best thing ever. They're the most feared things in the universe to the point where some of the Doctors friends straight up act like they're already dead and waiting for the formality of it upon simply discovering their presence, and yet they look like giant salt shakers that have space-plungers for weapons and talk IN ALL CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME. Yet the show plays it completely straight and everyone treats them like a serious threat and it all works!

It's fucking amazing.

I might have said this before but the Daleks are the best thing ever. They're the most feared things in the universe to the point where some of the Doctors friends straight up act like they're already dead and waiting for the formality of it upon simply discovering their presence, and yet they look like giant salt shakers that have space-plungers for weapons and talk IN ALL CAPS LOCK ALL THE TIME. Yet the show plays it completely straight and everyone treats them like a serious threat.

It's fucking amazing.

yep, hahaha. The actors Ziggler-sell that stuff all day every day.

Angry Grimace

Yeah, thats why she definitely has heat with some other wrestlers in Joshi, but she had heat with Nanae Takashi who was in Stardom (at the time that Io joined) but left after Yoshiko broke ACT's face.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCir...the_whole_deal_with_asukas_manifesto_and_why/

Here's a history about her manifesto.

I mean, Takahashi hiring Yoshiko after she went into business for herself and brutally beat up her opponent in the ring doesn't do a good job of making Asuka look unreasonable.

But hey, as for the claim she's too stiff, NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA!

The reason I prefer the Cesaro feud over the Neville one is that the Neville feud was pretty short. It only really had two matches, and only one of them was a single. Then they immediately moved on. The Cesaro/Sami feud had a much better progression IMO (from the upset to the 2/3 falls to the singles match at Arrival).

But I could see why someone would prefer the Neville match. It was the culmination of Sami's story. I just think Cesaro played a bigger part in that story than Neville did.

Sephzilla

yep, hahaha. The actors Ziggler-sell that stuff all day every day.

Most of the more significant Doctor Who villains seem to be that way. I've already mentioned the Daleks. There's giant space rhinos. The Sontaran are basically 5 foot tall space potato people who have the most alpha male mentality possible. The Cybermen look like giant sized childrens robot toys (although the Cybermen have a legitimately scary concept). The
other Time Lords
dress like LARPers who demand to be taken seriously. The only legitimately scary Doctor Who villains in my opinion are the Weeping Angels, those water beings from Mars, and Professor Lazarus

By the way, I approve the use of the Vash avatar

Top Bottom