• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

klonere

Banned
The reason I prefer the Cesaro feud over the Neville one is that the Neville feud was pretty short. It only really had two matches, and only one of them was a single. Then they immediately moved on. The Cesaro/Sami feud had a much better progression IMO (from the upset to the 2/3 falls to the singles match at Arrival).

But I could see why someone would prefer the Neville match. It was the culmination of Sami's story. I just think Cesaro played a bigger part in that story than Neville did.

You could say the Neville story wouldn't have been as good without the Cesaro one preceding it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Huh, PopGAF got popped

I don't feel like anything of value was lost

ModBot just says it's closed and to spam gifs somewhere else so it certainly doesn't sound like it's coming back.

Hey, least Asuka and Kairi seem to get along.

DGPVMSfXoAMYoYb

By the way, I approve the use of the Vash avatar

Thanks.He's one of my all time fav fictional characters. I was blown away by the character when i first saw the series while attending college. Still get shivers thinking about the last few episodes. Vash was my original avatar when i started this account a few years back.

Draxal

They brought him in for the role they wanted Rocky Romero for. An NXT guy who both wrestles and eventually also acts as a coach/trainer at the PC.

He was the defacto trainer during the Bill Demott days iirc, at least he talked about it.

I mean, Takahashi hiring Yoshiko after she went into business for herself and brutally beat up her opponent in the ring doesn't do a good job of making Asuka look unreasonable.

But hey, as for the claim she's too stiff, NOBODY IS READY FOR ASUKA!

Ayup, just stating why Kana had heat with Stardom/Io in particular at the time, apparently they're fine now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
He was the defacto trainer during the Bill Demott days iirc, at least he talked about it.

Ayup, just stating why Kana had heat with Stardom/Io in particular at the time, apparently they're fine now.

I mean, I wouldn't be surprised if there were other reasons. Kana didn't seem to be too popular backstage in the joshi scene from what I gather.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how many hoops do you have to jump through to subscribe to NJPW world?

I want to marathon the G1 and want to give them money instead of just using dailymotion :/

jmdajr

Speaking of podcasts. Jim Ross was recently on with Stone Cold and having him talk about his wife...was hard.

The man is tough.

Angry Grimace

Meltzer didn't seem pleased with the ending of the Omega match from yesterday. I guess he was upset that the ref didn't call the match when his opponent got knocked out or something.

Pro Wrasslers who would make a good Doctor?

Nakamura
Becky Lynch
Kushida
Xavier Woods
William Regal

Would play doctor with Becky Lynch.

I want to marathon the G1 and want to give them money instead of just using dailymotion :/
It's really easy

I don't think you even need a translation guide but it's been a while.

I just wish I could watch on ps4. Same with Progress

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's really easy

I don't think you even need a translation guide but it's been a while.

I just wish I could watch on ps4. Same with Progress

oh you have to watch on PC? damn it I wanted to watch in bed like Netflix or the Network :/

Not that many. The English translation isn't horrible, and since you would be coming in new, you won't have muscle memory of how the site used to work.

The difference is that at that time, they didn't want that. NXT wasn't for veteran indie guys to work with younger guys. It was just for prospects. That's part of the reason they let him go.

Now, they are way more favorable to that arrangement. So they hired him back because he's good at it.

Hex

Banned
Popgaf compared being anti gif spamming to being anti LGBT. Then started a weird gif war with mods.

Oh for fuck sake did they have their annual melt down?
Does this mean they will be bleeding over into everything else again?

Beefy

It's easy until you have to put your card in. Then the Japanese doesn't translate so you guess, also get Japanese emails

what happened to popgaf? need the details of their demise

Let's not draw attention and derail here. Click their thread and go to page 189 and onward.

We don't need mods on our asses too.

By the way, brace yourself for what you read there.

Speaking of podcasts. Jim Ross was recently on with Stone Cold and having him talk about his wife...was hard.

The man is tough.

Thanks for reminding me! I need to give this a listen. Agreed about JR.

Top Bottom