• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU-LY

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I mean, I don't follow the joshi scene but it does seem way sketchier. I mean, Shirai had that incident where she was framed for smuggling drugs into Japan, they had that incident where Yoshiko went New Jack on her opponent in the ring, and Kana was always apparently outspoken about how shitty the whole thing was.

Bronx-Man

Banned
tumblr_oq10tnuWbn1u1ljrzo1_500.gif
Sami vs Neville at R Evolution was pitch-perfect storytelling. It's up there with Punk vs Cena at MITB for me.

Another thing from the Observer I haven't seen mentioned. The WWE UK big five are being brought to the US in a few weeks for something.

Bring up Dunne to SmackDown, the rest can be in NXT for a bit.

Seriously, I love Pete Dunne.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
rovert just posted a bunch of Gable gifs on twitter.

Man do I wish Gable had a run on the UK indies. He'd kill it.

I mean, if Gable doesn't do anything in WWE and gets released he probably will. I think he'd be in demand.

He's getting pushed a little now though, and I won't be surprised even a little if he ends up way more popular than Jordan does.

Draxal

Sami vs Neville at R Evolution was pitch-perfect storytelling. It's up there with Punk vs Cena at MITB for me.

Bring up Dunne to SmackDown, the rest can be in NXT for a bit.

Seriously, I love Pete Dunne.

When you think of heels that can get heel heat and not cool heat, Dunne's face appears.

Sephzilla

Let's not draw attention and derail here. Click their thread and go to page 189 and onward.

We don't need mods on our asses too.

By the way, brace yourself for what you read there.

Thanks for reminding me! I need to give this a listen. Agreed about JR.
I don't think the mods will get on us for simply being curious so long as we aren't criticising the modding. But yeah, probably should just read the popgaf thread and keep it at that

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Bryan and Dave make zero mention of Cena falling on his head on WOL, wtf?

they talk about the finish changing, but not the blown spot, weird.

Hex

Banned
Yeah it's ok. I still feel Roku has the most apps, even though the interface is kinda poop.

And at least for me, Chromecast was crap.

I am lucky in that my 4k tv is an android based tv so it has chromecast built in.
Casting to my tv is just a click from almost anything.

Foggy

I mean, I don't follow the joshi scene but it does seem way sketchier. I mean, Shirai had that incident where she was framed for smuggling drugs into Japan, they had that incident where Yoshiko went New Jack on her opponent in the ring, and Kana was always apparently outspoken about how shitty the whole thing was.

I don't even know how you can connect those three things. Kana's issues didn't really have to do with much other than arrested development, the Yoshiko/Act thing certainly isn't endemic, and this is the first I've heard of Io being framed.

Angry Grimace

I don't even know how you can connect those three things. Kana's issues didn't really have to do with much other than arrested development, the Yoshiko/Act thing certainly isn't endemic, and this is the first I've heard of Io being framed.

Really? It's literally on her Wikipedia page. It came up a couple times when they were talking about signing her.

Angry Grimace

I mean...Gable is on the main roster. They're not releasing him or sending him to the indies.
KuGsj.gif

I mean, I guess he could be one of the guys who gets sent back to NXT.

Anth0ny

I'm telling you, that's just a normal way to take a suplex if you're keeping up with the G1. Dudes are probably completely desensitized by it lol

I mean...Gable is on the main roster. They're not releasing him or sending him to the indies.
KuGsj.gif

Code:
[IMG]http://www.insanewrestling.co.uk/news/stories/Noam_Dar_Returns_SHP4/TAg.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5F6Q2ulokspgbv5bFwTLqqKYYn4=/1x0:849x477/1600x900/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/55995567/DunneGallagher.0.png[/IMG]

(you're right I'm just being a dick)

Hey, nice tv lol

cheers bby

KuGsj.gif

To be fair, some of the CW main roster guys are being used in Progress and ICW, so it's not an impossible jump in logic that they might continue to talent share.

Give me Gable vs. Dunne.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

Botches happen all the time, it was a non issue that didn't result in an injury. Why waste air time on it?

And before someone tries to play the "no one cares about the CWs though!" card for an explanation why they are being shared with indies, Vince loves Noam Dar. There's a reason he's a mainstay on 205 Live.

Zach

If WrassleGAF was banned, no one would ever be able to defeat the Huggerz for the GWF tag titles... 🤔

Angry Grimace

Chad Gable legitimately suplexes his opponent in the 2011 U.S. Open SAT in amateur wrestling:

vUkGltG.gif

but obviously the other guy on his tag team should be Angle's son rite

But seriously, it's funny to me that Gable legitimately deadlifted an opponent into a german in a serious amateur wrestling match that looks 10 times better than any German that Brock has ever done.

Heroman

Banned
And before someone tries to play the "no one cares about the CWs though!" card for an explanation why they are being shared with indies, Vince loves Noam Dar. There's a reason he's a mainstay on 205 Live.
Being a main stay on 205 live is like being on the browns practice squad. Sure you made to the NFL but no really cares.

Hex

Banned
Chad Gable: Suplex Master (now in gif form).

vUkGltG.gif

Obviously the other guy on his tag team should be Angle's son rite

But seriously, it's funny to me that Gable legitimately deadlifted an opponent into a german in a serious amateur wrestling match that looks 10 times better than any German that Brock has ever done.

When it comes out that Jordan switched out the results, we will all know the truth.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Okada probably watched that match and wondered why Nakamura-san was apologizing.

vicySbQ.gif

I know (assume?) you're joking but that spot (hell, a lot of the spots in those guys matches, or Ibushi v Naito recently and many others) really shouldnt be happening.

I haven't watched 205 Live in a few weeks. What happened with the Dar and Alicia story? The last time I watched he turned on her which confused the fuck out of me because up until then the story seemed to be that Dar doesn't want to be with Alicia at all but then came this big reveal that the whole time he was playing her by making her think he liked her.

Top Bottom