• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

August Wrasslin' |OT| Make a.. make a good...uh...a good wrestling thread

KissVibes

Banned
Cedric Alexander is going to be a fucking star. World Champion, possible company face right there.

Also...there's no way the Vaudevillian member beats Tozawa, right?

korly

That bit where the Authors of Pain did a "cheers" or whatever with their respective powerbomb-ees was pretty great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_obq3e8JZXs1skeohxo2_400.gif

cmpunksteps.gif

If Brock never left, we wouldn't be where we are now. I love Brock but you left me with some shitty boring fucks! I'd take Brock-Show for 4 whole hours over any Orton-Cena, Orton-Hunter, or Cena-Hunter feud.

But Brock did give us the gift of your GREAT AMERICAN HEEERO!

tumblr_me3kre20NO1rk5wnbo1_500.gif

Colocho

Banned
They always mention Orton, Cena, Brock and Batista as the big ones on OVW from that era. Anyone else somewhat important from the same time period worth mentioning?

They always mention Orton, Cena, Brock and Batista as the big ones on OVW from that era. Anyone else somewhat important from the same time period worth mentioning?
Shelton imo. Hell Shelton had the most talent of all of them but getting him on the microphone was no help.

Conway, Doug Basham, and Eugene should've been stars as well.

Anth0ny

I think that match could absolutely end up on a top ten overall list. Even if it isn't on yours personally, saying it simply can't is laughable.

So far my MOTY candidates are:

Nakamura vs. AJ
Takahashi vs. Okada WK

Nakamura vs. Zayn
Sabre vs. Ospreay
Fenix vs. Mil for the LU title

I think you nailed the big ones.

To me the two Wrestle Kingdom matches still stand out above the rest. so fucking good.

MG310

You don't even have to correct the spelling on that Fav 5...everybody knows that you can't possibly mean Yujiro.

Going to have to agree with the top 3 but haven't seen the other two.

Mengetsu

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/wwe-plans-integrate-lgbt-characters-programming-n627411?cid=sm_tw

WWE Plans to 'Integrate LGBT Characters' Into Programming

Through its partnership with GLAAD, an LGBT media advocacy organization, WWE is also prioritizing sensitivity in their writers' room.

"We've had GLAAD come in and speak to our entire writing team and give a whole tutorial on sensitivities, the right words, the wrong word [and] why those words matters," she explained. "I think that with their guidance and support, we will be able to portray that [LGBT storyline] appropriately."

Regarding Paige, there may be some nerve damage regarding her back and shoulder issues. I was told her neck issue is similar to what a lot of the guys have had that had serious problems where the problem has led to weakness in the right arm which was the first stage for some major issues with a lot of the guys.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
I wouldn't mind Tajiri to have a post-Summerslam run with NXT or Raw. He's a decent heel and could be a perfect foil for Kalisto, Neville, and whomever wins the CWC. While we are at it, hire Kendrick, too. Neither of them to stay long-term, but I do appreciate their heel characters that could help lay the foundations for the new Cruiserweight division.

With the CWC most likely being done by mid-September at the latest, I wonder if WWE will bring back the Dusty Rhodes Tag-Team Classic. I hope they do and they can continue to potentially run 2-3 tournaments a year for different type of Network programming.

Last year they had 16 tag-teams and only 6 of them are still with NXT at this point with 4 of them being first round losers (like Sawyer Fulton & Angelo Dawkins).

What tag-team "free agents" are available for WWE to even consider hiring, if they went the route they did with the CWC and bring in new talent?

oddjobs

man, it kind of looks like Andrade is fucked in NXT.

the crowd hates him because he went over Dillinger so now he's kind of an obvious heel stuck playing face to a crowd that won't cheer him. maybe they could group him up with Roode and someone else for the first real faction of NXT.

I think he did well against Dawkins and there's a giant upside in the guy obviously. Please don't fuck this up H.

MG310

I don't think GLAAD is going to fall for that twice and send Breezango a gravy boat.

I'm ready for them to throw Andrade to Raw prematurely at the Cruiserweight division launch.

Barrage

I agree with the lrevioud podter. Andrade basically has to be turned heel for the sake of his career. His gimmick is a mess, hes much farther from the main roster than i originally thought

Top Bottom